West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

2 posters

WHUFC vs Fulham -- February 22, 2019

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

WHUFC vs Fulham -- February 22, 2019 - Page 2 Empty Re: WHUFC vs Fulham -- February 22, 2019

Post  westhamonkey Fri 22 Feb 2019, 9:25 pm

Lanzini gets booked... sweet little ankle tap though...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

WHUFC vs Fulham -- February 22, 2019 - Page 2 Empty Re: WHUFC vs Fulham -- February 22, 2019

Post  westhamonkey Fri 22 Feb 2019, 9:26 pm

7 minutes to go...

Fulham on the attack... a better team would have torn us to shreds by now... or at least punished us for our lethargy.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Fri 22 Feb 2019, 9:31 pm

we're 11-0 app n terms of corners... and it's still not a easy ride...

Arnie hits the post...

90 seconds to go
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Fri 22 Feb 2019, 9:36 pm

Arnie links in a lob to antonio who jumps, heads into the ground and the ball bounces past the Fulham keeper...

a goal on 90 minutes... that'll to to settle the nerves...

3 points... possible the most 'meh' or 'blah' three points we'll have won this season... against any other team we'd have been undone a long time ago... but I guess the test is to win when you play badly and e've certainly done that today.

Fulham helped magnificently by completely going to pieces after about 30 minutes... although we can't say we were ever comfortable... we're just very lucky to have played a team so low on confidence and ability.

The final whistle goes and we claim a very welcome but kinda undeserved three points...
    Arran
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Arran Sat 23 Feb 2019, 7:38 am

westhamonkey wrote:
    Arnie links in a lob to antonio who jumps, heads into the ground and the ball bounces past the Fulham keeper...

3 points... possible the most 'meh' or 'blah' three points we'll have won this season... against any other team we'd have been undone a long time ago... but I guess the test is to win when you play badly and e've certainly done that today.

Fulham helped magnificently by completely going to pieces after about 30 minutes... although we can't say we were ever comfortable... we're just very lucky to have played a team so low on confidence and ability.

The final whistle goes and we claim a very welcome but kinda undeserved three points...

Bar the first Ten Mins when we were for whatever reason very poor, I thought from then onwards we were the better team and deserved the 3 Points in the end. What can`t afford to start like that against City Tho as we`re be out of the game by the 10th Min if we do. I don`t know why but I kind of feel we might get something from that game Wednesday night.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 23 Feb 2019, 9:00 pm

Arran wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

Bar the first Ten Mins when we were for whatever reason very poor, I thought from then onwards we were the better team and deserved the 3 Points in the end. What can`t afford to start like that against City Tho as we`re be out of the game by the 10th Min if we do. I don`t know why but I kind of feel we might get something from that game Wednesday night.

Totally agree about the first ten minutes, and agree it was a much improved performance over what we've done recently...

but...

as against Palace, if we'd been playing a better team than the one we did, I doubt we'd have escaped with a draw at Palace or got the win against Fulham.

we were lucky not to be 0-2 down within 4 minutes against Fulham, disallow the Chicharito goal and suddenly the game is completely different - and that'd against one of the absolute poorest teams in the division who have only picked up 2 points away from home all season.

Put us against quality opposition or a team that can score in both of those games and our valuable 4 points would easily have been zero.

i'm happy for the three points yesterday and glad to see an uptick in performance - but let's got get carried away that we're a decent team yet.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 8:15 pm