West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

2 posters

Six foot two, eyes of blue .......

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Six foot two, eyes of blue ....... Empty Six foot two, eyes of blue .......

Post  Jiggs Mon 04 Mar 2019, 11:48 am

Billy Bonds is after you ..........

2nd March 2019 ...... This day belongs to Billy Bonds ..... what a magnificent player he was and so deserving of having a stand named after him.

Remembering him as the beast that he played as, the crunching tackles and the no nonsense approach to every game, it was very touching to see the man that emotional, in tears and pumping his chest.  Loved him, still love him, my hero  heart
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Six foot two, eyes of blue ....... Empty Re: Six foot two, eyes of blue .......

Post  mottinghammer Tue 05 Mar 2019, 4:41 pm

Mine too, watched him throughout his career as a player at West Ham, never gave less than 100%. Long after he left the club in the  late 90's he used to run past my house in Mottingham daily, still fit as a fiddle. Great inspiration to any young person not just footballers. Saw him lift two FA cups but I'll never forget the game against Forest, came away with no voice from singing 'Billy Bonds claret blue army' for the entire second half the man is an absolute legend. 
    Six foot two, eyes of blue ....... 1289607003

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 4:54 am