West Ham Cockney Boys

Bournemouth vs WHUFC -- Sept 28th, 2019

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st Team Bench

Bournemouth vs WHUFC -- Sept 28th, 2019 Empty Bournemouth vs WHUFC -- Sept 28th, 2019

Post  westhamonkey on Sat 28 Sep 2019, 3:37 pm

laying in bed in a hotel in Santa Fe New Mexico watching the game on me iPad...

fortunately didn't witness the debacle of the Carabao Cup defeat to Oxford...

10 changes to that line-up so the ten changes made for that game brings us back to the same starting line-up as last week against Man Utd.

The Oxford defeat really just cements the West Ham philosophy... we don't really have strength in depth, don't have any idea how to put in a performance as a job and can't be arsed to compete...
    but is it ever so...

Anyway, onto today...

Yarmolenko scored on 10 minutes.... it had been back and forth, Bournemouth looking a little livelier tbh... Haller put in a great cross and Yarmo turned and based in to the net.

All looked good but then the crappy internet at this hotel went out and the app froze... by the time I got it back up and running... Bournemouth hd scored and after much apparent VAR consideration, were awarded a goal....

A bit worrying as the Linesman had flagged for offside and even in ultra slow motion replay it looked liker a clear cut offside decision... so maybe that's the point of VAR... make it a capable of crappy incorrect decisions s normal officials..

anyway... it's 31 minutes gone and we're at 1-1. This time last season we were 1-0 up against the Cherries but then lost 2-1... so there's nothing to be comfortable about here...

Now to make things worse... Fabianski has done his leg and is down in the area getting treatment.

There's no way to disguise things... without Fab, we'd be nowhere either this term or last...

It's a muscle thing... no contact or foul.... just the worst thing want to see and the last thing we can really afford because Fab has been the difference between us and relegation...

There'll be a bunch of added time this half for the VAR consultation and the Fab injury...

ugh...

West Ham free kick goes inches over the bar...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st Team Bench

Bournemouth vs WHUFC -- Sept 28th, 2019 Empty Re: Bournemouth vs WHUFC -- Sept 28th, 2019

Post  westhamonkey on Sat 28 Sep 2019, 3:46 pm

nothing much to report in the last ten minutes... all gone a bit (a lot) quiet...

Anderson is back to doing nothing...

Bournemouth if anything seem a little more interested in winning
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st Team Bench

Bournemouth vs WHUFC -- Sept 28th, 2019 Empty Re: Bournemouth vs WHUFC -- Sept 28th, 2019

Post  westhamonkey on Sat 28 Sep 2019, 3:47 pm

4 minutes of stoppage time...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st Team Bench

Post  westhamonkey on Sat 28 Sep 2019, 4:03 pm

Half-time 1-1

if all the results stay the same for another 45 minutes, we'll be 3rd in the Premiership.

It's weird... when we're scrambling at the bottom... the considered wisdom is that 'the table never lies'

but I can't say I feel the same wya with us so near the top. We've not been great this season so far... we've been better than usual... but so much of why we're where we are is a: because of Fabianski and b: because of other teams like Man Utd playing really poorly.

I know you can only beat who's in front of you and in years gone by we'd lose those kinds of games... but we're really on a thin ledge that could go either way.

Seeing how we shit the bed at Oxford is a big worry (not that most people care) and if we can't beat Bournemouth then that doesn't bode well.

Anyway... I'm sure there's a much more positive way to spin all of this and overlook our obvious flaws... I'll go try to find it at half time...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st Team Bench

Post  westhamonkey on Sat 28 Sep 2019, 4:10 pm

See... you guys and girls all sit there thinking, yeah, yeah... stupid monkey just loves trotting out the cynicism and negativity...

well guess what...

a minute gone of the 2nd half... actually 29 seconds... 29 SECONDS... and Bournemouth score...

so... same as last season... we take the lead and lose 1-2... we have 43 minutes to try and rectify that... can we do it?

I'm not so sure we have the stones or the backbone... and now we have a dodgy keeper... but we'll see.

If we can't or don't do it, it'll be all on us...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st Team Bench

Post  westhamonkey on Sat 28 Sep 2019, 4:18 pm

and there you go... Bouremouth corner... goal...

but not in 2019...

fortunately the ref listens to the linesman this time... and goes with the offside decision.

I guess it goes to VAR... but this is way more difficult to call than the first goal that clearly had an offside player standing close to the keeper...

interesting... not sure if there was a VAR descision... we're already back in play... and we really have had a rocket up our arses... if we don't respond to this thence really don't deserve to be anywhere...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st Team Bench

Post  westhamonkey on Sat 28 Sep 2019, 4:29 pm

Fornals is coming off and Lanzini replaces him.

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st Team Bench

Post  westhamonkey on Sat 28 Sep 2019, 4:39 pm

well... Bournemouth have a couple of decent chances... one of which is a one-on-one with the 'new' keeper but the forward plays it straight at him and we get away with it...

then a minute or so later Yarmo puts in a cross, Anderson heads back into the area and Cresswell runs on, hits it and the wicked deflection takes it past the keeper and we are back in it.

All just as we're bringing on wilshire to replace noble...

but here we are... just under 15 minutes to go and all square at 2-2.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st Team Bench

Post  westhamonkey on Sat 28 Sep 2019, 4:57 pm

all over... 2-2

we could have quite easily lost this

Pelligrini's having a go at Eddie Howe...

all in all nothing to boast about from the game

let's enjoy sitting in third for a while - reality will kick back in at some point unless we get our shit together.
    Arran
    Ball Boy/Girl

Post  Arran on Tue 01 Oct 2019, 6:08 am

westhamonkey wrote:
    all over... 2-2

let's enjoy sitting in third for a while - reality will kick back in at some point unless we get our shit together.

And at the same time we could of also easily Won this game as well. We played some nice attacking football, the only thing that let us was as per usuall our lapse in concentration at the back.
    I think a draw was the right result as both teams played very well and come both teams will be in and around the top half no questions asked.
    Palace and Sheffield United next could we make 8 unbeaten in the league I wonder and keep the pressure on on the top 2 Wink .
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st Team Bench

Post  westhamonkey on Sun 06 Oct 2019, 6:13 am

Arran wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:
    all over... 2-2

And at the same time we could of also easily Won this game as well. We played some nice attacking football, the only thing that let us was as per usuall our lapse in concentration at the back.
    I think a draw was the right result as both teams played very well and come both teams will be in and around the top half no questions asked.
    Palace and Sheffield United next could we make 8 unbeaten in the league I wonder and keep the pressure on on the top 2 Wink .

good to see you hear Arran...

interesting perspective... I've ben away all week so it's interesting to read this after the Palace game...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 05 Dec 2019, 2:50 pm