West Ham Cockney Boys

WHUFCvs Palace -- Saturday, October 5th, 2019

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st Team Bench

WHUFCvs Palace -- Saturday, October 5th, 2019 Empty WHUFCvs Palace -- Saturday, October 5th, 2019

Post  westhamonkey on Sun 06 Oct 2019, 6:37 am

well... out on the road in New Mexico working so didn't get to see the game today...

as y'all know... I can tend to appear on the slightly less than positive side of the half empty glass of life... but I do watch all our games (work notwithstanding) and so I hate to be the debbie downer who gets to waggle the finger and say I told you so...

but guess what?

I know... I know... knife edge decisions... VAR at its best/worst... there but for the grace of god, etc...

and I know... I know... i didn't se today's game, so what do I know?

But Told you we ain't been playing well... I told you we were lucky to escape with a couple draws when we could easily have lost games that we should have won...

Yes... I know... we're still not quite the relegation disasters we've been in years past...

But...

we shit the bed against Oxford in the cup and everyone was like... oh what does it matter... we can concentrate on the league...

and then... yeah... yeah... we beat a shitty Man Utd team... but we couldn't beat Bournemouth... and I told y'all we didn't play well in either game...

so guess what... we lost to Palace at home... threw away the chance to go third in the table - again!

we're already 7th and could be 10th by the end of the weekend...

sure... we have some good players... yes, losing Fabianski is a huge blow to any team... but guess what... we're not really that good at the moment... the table does lie... but it's getting closer to telling the truth...

hopefully today will be the final wake-up call that's needed to show the team they need to do better.

maybe in some places not that much better... but then again, maybe a whole lot better.

We have Everton, Sheffield Utd, Newcastle and high flying Burnley coming up...

12 points out of that shouldn't be beyond the wit of a half decent team.

If we're anywhere close to being where we want to be... or back to the bad old days of going nowhere... we'll never get an easier run to show who we truly are.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

WHUFCvs Palace -- Saturday, October 5th, 2019 Empty Re: WHUFCvs Palace -- Saturday, October 5th, 2019

Post  Charlie Ham on Tue 08 Oct 2019, 11:14 am

westhamonkey wrote:
    well... out on the road in New Mexico working so didn't get to see the game today...

as y'all know... I can tend to appear on the slightly less than positive side of the half empty glass of life... but I do watch all our games (work notwithstanding) and so I hate to be the debbie downer who gets to waggle the finger and say I told you so...

but guess what?

I know... I know... knife edge decisions... VAR at its best/worst... there but for the grace of god, etc...

and I know... I know... i didn't se today's game, so what do I know?

But Told you we ain't been playing well... I told you we were lucky to escape with a couple draws when we could easily have lost games that we should have won...

Yes... I know... we're still not quite the relegation disasters we've been in years past...

But...

we shit the bed against Oxford in the cup and everyone was like... oh what does it matter... we can concentrate on the league...

and then... yeah... yeah... we beat a shitty Man Utd team... but we couldn't beat Bournemouth... and I told y'all we didn't play well in either game...

so guess what... we lost to Palace at home... threw away the chance to go third in the table - again!

we're already 7th and could be 10th by the end of the weekend...

sure... we have some good players... yes, losing Fabianski is a huge blow to any team... but guess what... we're not really that good at the moment... the table does lie... but it's getting closer to telling the truth...

hopefully today will be the final wake-up call that's needed to show the team they need to do better.

maybe in some places not that much better... but then again, maybe a whole lot better.

We have Everton, Sheffield Utd, Newcastle and high flying Burnley coming up...

12 points out of that shouldn't be beyond the wit of a half decent team.

If we're anywhere close to being where we want to be... or back to the bad old days of going nowhere... we'll never get an easier run to show who we truly are.

Typical West Ham with a mid table team.

Current date/time is Thu 05 Dec 2019, 3:14 pm