West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

2 posters

Chelsea vs WHUFC -- Nov 30, 2019

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Chelsea vs WHUFC -- Nov 30, 2019 - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea vs WHUFC -- Nov 30, 2019

Post  westhamonkey Sat 30 Nov 2019, 5:15 pm

so... over all... job done.

a bit (lot) of papering over the cracks....

but let's just be a little bit like Martin and just enjoy the result shall we...

"Chelsea 0-1 West Ham
    Ahhh, football just makes your heart all fuzzy sometimes doesn't it?

Hammers keeper David Martin is almost in tears as he celebrates with the away end and then, as his team-mates disappear off down the tunnel, wanders off down the touchline and into the stand.

Where is he going? To find his dad - and Hammers legend - Alvin! The pair share a warm hug with dad whispering in the ear of his tearful son.

"Well played son, well played," will be the gist of it.

'I think we were both in tears'

West Ham keeper David Martin on making his Premier League debut aged 33 and marking it with a win: "It still doesn't feel real. I'm just pleased got through it, I didn't let anyone down and actually I enjoyed it in the end.

"My dad didn't say much - I think we were both in tears! For my dad to play for the club for 21 years and see it, and for me to make my debut, keep clean sheet and get win for the boys, it is so pleasing.

On his pre-match nerves: "I was struggling to eat for two days, Cressa [Ryan Cresswell] was laughing at me because my plate was taken away because I couldn't eat my food."

On whether he will keep his place: "I hope I've given myself a good chance but have to work hard and keep grounded."

Arran
    Boot Cleaner

Chelsea vs WHUFC -- Nov 30, 2019 - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea vs WHUFC -- Nov 30, 2019

Post  Arran Tue 03 Dec 2019, 1:31 pm

An Superb all round team performance topped of with the perfect clean sheet and most importantly the much needed 3 points. Makes you wonder if having Martin made all the difference at back as he did everything right and looked carm as well etc which in turn gives the players in front him confidence as well.

Hopefully he`ll keep his place between the sticks for the midweek game against Wolves tomorrow(Wednesday) evening.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 04 Dec 2019, 5:21 pm

I know... I know... it's churlish and a bit pointless... but before everyone gets too carried away... it wasn't an 'alll round superb tam performance' - in many ways it was just as crappy as we've been but with the exception of an opposition who just couldn't score.

Yes... it was an improvement on what we've been served up - but please don't ll start popping the champagne just yet.

Martin did well but also looked shaky in places, spilling the ball way too much - fortunately with no ill-effects but at times he looked a little oo much like Roberto... and don't forget... Roberto pulled off good saves along with the numerous goals he gave away.

Anderson was pants as usual and rightly subbed.

Haller did nothing when he came on.

Noble is not a great midfielder.

Yes... we won... yes, clean sheet...

but don't forget... the 3-2 loss to Surs looks not too shabby when you just think of the result but the actual game was a rout... and so same for this game... there are definite positives to take form it... but Pellegrini's job isn't (shouldn't) be safe not should everyone think all in the garden is rose just on the basis of one fortunate result.

Today's game against Wolves will hopefully show if these are steps in the right direction or just another West Ham false dawn.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 8:02 am