West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+4
IronDane
Suzanne Claret
Campo
Geezer
8 posters

Scotty to the cheats

Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Scotty to the cheats Empty Scotty to the cheats

Post  Geezer Wed 13 Jul 2011, 6:04 am

Chelsea are said to be looking to sign Scott Parker - but only on a temporary basis.

Since the end of last season it's been a case of 'when' rather than 'if' the thrice-recognised Hammer of the Year leaves the Boleyn Ground.

Tottenham had been strongly linked but the recent and very public Olympic Stadium row would appear to have put an end to any chance of that happening.

In recent weeks both Aston Villa and Everton have expressed an interest - but fellow Londoners Chelsea are now said to have stepped in following the long-term injury sustained recently by defensive midfielder Michael Essien.

With the Ghanaian facing at least six months on the sidelines, new Chelsea boss André Villas-Boas is said by today's (Wednesday's) Times to have contacted West Ham with view to a long-term loan deal for Parker, who will be 31 this October.

Such an arrangement could prove beneficial to West Ham should Sam Allardyce mange to achieve an instant return to the Premier League.

However were United to fail to secure promotion this coming season, an aging Parker's value would take a substantial hit in the meantime - resulting in a smaller transfer fee should he then seek a permanent move away this time next year.

Would,nt mind that as it happens , much better than that Wanker Arry getting his hands on him
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Scotty to the cheats Empty Re: Scotty to the cheats

Post  Campo Wed 13 Jul 2011, 7:51 am

could wank out in our favor if this does happen
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 13 Jul 2011, 8:31 am

Would he want to go back to Chelsea though, leaving Charlton for Chelsea set his carear back.
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Wed 13 Jul 2011, 11:20 am

I hope not, but better than spuds..
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Wed 13 Jul 2011, 1:16 pm

I think this is a fans wishful thinking. It suits nobody but the fans. The club get no return for an asset but have not got the advantage of the assets services, the player would be looking for a decent move on a longer term-he can name his wages right now (within reason) Chelsea wouldn't up his wages if on loan; only pay them in full-which I can't see RA doing as they hold the cards in their favour; a buyers market just after relegation.

Also I reckon if Sam had the choice of £6m and a wage to use for several players-rather than that money not even available nor the resource-then he would choose to sell. Also, promoted or otherwise, why would Scott want to return to a club with no European football to offer?

It is pie in the sky but I could be wrong...........
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 13 Jul 2011, 5:04 pm

I think it suits both parties. Parker still lives in Cobham - near Chelsea's training ground. He gets to play in the Premiership and keep his hopes of being in the squad for Euro 2012 alive. We not only get him off the wage bill, but will receive a loan fee in addition. We also retain his registration for when we go up next year

Oh - and the Twitcher will fail yet AGAIN to sign him !

Win-win !!
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Wed 13 Jul 2011, 5:24 pm

Tony P wrote:I think it suits both parties. Parker still lives in Cobham - near Chelsea's training ground. He gets to play in the Premiership and keep his hopes of being in the squad for Euro 2012 alive. We not only get him off the wage bill, but will receive a loan fee in addition. We also retain his registration for when we go up next year

Oh - and the Twitcher will fail yet AGAIN to sign him !

Win-win !!

Twisted Evil
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Wed 13 Jul 2011, 7:59 pm

mmm this is a toughy, can see both JDLK's and Tony's points, I think I'd come down on the side of JDLK on this one, don't think for one min it would suit FSA, who needs either the dosh from his sale for new players or the player leading us back into the sunlight!.

Parker is living in fantasyland if he thinks he really has much of a future as an Eng-er-land international once Steviemee is back fit and well.
    shaun of the thread
    shaun of the thread
    Boot Cleaner

Post  shaun of the thread Thu 14 Jul 2011, 11:52 am

I said we should of done this few months ago on here.
    I hope it works out like this too.
    Have read that sully is keen on doin it this way and he would also want a big loan deal payment, due to the fact parker has 3 years plus left on his contract, and he is an England international at the peak of his carear .

Still see squirts comin in for him yet though. Time will tell on this one, we should of done the same to Ba too imo.
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Thu 14 Jul 2011, 2:53 pm

yes, but Ba had a release clause, didn't he, if I remember correctly. Like Hitzlsperger. Damn shame that Ba is lost..
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Thu 14 Jul 2011, 9:03 pm

He wasn't up for it in the chumps league, so we are better off without him. FSA needs people who are going to fight for the club to get us out of this league, they need to show the guts that was missing last year. most of the dead wood is now history, if we can keep some of the good ones that are left and bring in more like Nolan, along with the best of the babies then we should have a storming season...........................wait this is West Ham rofl smiley
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Thu 14 Jul 2011, 10:43 pm

Oh I'm sure it will be a stormy season. Just not sure whether it will be headwind or tailwind!
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Sun 31 Jul 2011, 11:10 am

From West Ham News on FB:

Just spoke to Scott Parker, his responce to are you going to stay was I would have thought so now. Montano not happy he played LB today. And Mark noble is stuffing his face with pizza lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 12:33 pm