West Ham Cockney Boys


    The dodgy keeper

    Stevenage Dave
    Stevenage Dave
    Boot Cleaner

    Posts : 399
    Join date : 2011-03-27
    Age : 57

    The dodgy keeper  Empty The dodgy keeper

    Post  Stevenage Dave on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 10:29 am

    Sick of hearing about what a good career Roberto has had, I thought I'd check it out:


    • Over 16 seasons, he's averaged 17 appearances a season, so his most frequent position is on the bench
    • In those 16 seasons, he's played for 10 clubs, not always in the top flight 
    • We're told he came from Espanyol, but he only played 4 games for them in 3 seasons 
    • He's shit


    Top career...
    doh
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

    Posts : 1372
    Join date : 2011-02-19
    Location : Norff

    The dodgy keeper  Empty Re: The dodgy keeper

    Post  Blakey on Sun 29 Dec 2019, 10:52 am

    Interesting piece on BBC Sport which contains a section on Roberto. They say that after one game, someone from outside of the management circle placed a call to Neil Harris, David Martin's former manager at Millwall, to get his opinion and assessment of Martin. Martin was originally signed as a training keeper. However, the game after this alleged phone call was made, he started.

    It is alleged that after this, it was apparent that Pellegrini's time had come to an end.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

    Posts : 4269
    Join date : 2011-04-04

    The dodgy keeper  Empty Re: The dodgy keeper

    Post  westhamonkey on Mon 30 Dec 2019, 1:47 am

    Blakey wrote:Interesting piece on BBC Sport which contains a section on Roberto. They say that after one game, someone from outside of the management circle placed a call to Neil Harris, David Martin's former manager at Millwall, to get his opinion and assessment of Martin. Martin was originally signed as a training keeper. However, the game after this alleged phone call was made, he started.

    It is alleged that after this, it was apparent that Pellegrini's time had come to an end.

    crappy managers and dodgy keepers seem to go hand in glove at west ham... anyone remember a certain Mr Moyes and and a Mr Joe Hart?
    avatar
    Arran
    Boot Cleaner

    Posts : 186
    Join date : 2018-07-24

    The dodgy keeper  Empty Re: The dodgy keeper

    Post  Arran on Mon 30 Dec 2019, 6:03 am

    westhamonkey wrote:
    Blakey wrote:Interesting piece on BBC Sport which contains a section on Roberto. They say that after one game, someone from outside of the management circle placed a call to Neil Harris, David Martin's former manager at Millwall, to get his opinion and assessment of Martin. Martin was originally signed as a training keeper. However, the game after this alleged phone call was made, he started.

    It is alleged that after this, it was apparent that Pellegrini's time had come to an end.

    crappy managers and dodgy keepers seem to go hand in glove at west ham... anyone remember a certain Mr Moyes and and a Mr Joe Hart?

    In all fairness to Moyes - He said he`d drop Hart if his form didn`t improve and it didn`t and Moyes kept his word and didn`t play Hart for the rest of the season... So I don`t think we`re be seeing Roberto in a west ham shirt under Moyes.
    and Hart wasn`t` Moyes signing..it was Bilic`s.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

    Posts : 2071
    Join date : 2011-07-27
    Location : North West Kent

    The dodgy keeper  Empty Re: The dodgy keeper

    Post  Charlie Ham on Mon 30 Dec 2019, 12:03 pm

    I cannot remember any players that Moyes signed. Did he not have to work with Bilic squad?
    avatar
    Arran
    Boot Cleaner

    Posts : 186
    Join date : 2018-07-24

    The dodgy keeper  Empty Re: The dodgy keeper

    Post  Arran on Mon 30 Dec 2019, 6:46 pm

    Charlie Ham wrote:I cannot remember any players that Moyes signed. Did he not have to work with Bilic squad?

    The three I can remmeber of top of my head are Hugill,Evra and Mario - Who to be honest turned out to be a decent loan signing for 2nd half of the season once he settled down....Apart from those three I don`t think he signed anyone else.
    Stevenage Dave
    Stevenage Dave
    Boot Cleaner

    Posts : 399
    Join date : 2011-03-27
    Age : 57

    The dodgy keeper  Empty Re: The dodgy keeper

    Post  Stevenage Dave on Fri 03 Jan 2020, 9:47 am

    Charlie Ham wrote:I cannot remember any players that Moyes signed. Did he not have to work with Bilic squad?
    Jordan Hugill
    avatar
    Arran
    Boot Cleaner

    Posts : 186
    Join date : 2018-07-24

    The dodgy keeper  Empty Re: The dodgy keeper

    Post  Arran on Fri 03 Jan 2020, 2:07 pm

    Going by Moyes today - It looks like we could see at least two new players come in this month....A midfielder and another Goalkeeper.

    The midfielder is believed to be Gedson Fernandes according to Sky Sports - A 20 year old Portugal international from Benfica - It`d be a 18month loan deal with the option to Buy should it happen and the player is believed to want a move to the London Stadium for family reasons.


    The Goalkeeper situation according to Sky Sports has us linked to two Keepers which are Asmir Begovic and former Goalkeeper Darren Randolph.

    Sponsored content

    The dodgy keeper  Empty Re: The dodgy keeper

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu 09 Apr 2020, 4:04 pm