West Ham Cockney Boys

Sheff Utd vs WHUFC -- Friday, January 10th, 2019

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Sheff Utd vs WHUFC -- Friday, January 10th, 2019 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sheff Utd vs WHUFC -- Friday, January 10th, 2019

Post  westhamonkey on Fri 10 Jan 2020, 9:34 pm

good free kick to us... keeper saves... is that our last chance?
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Sheff Utd vs WHUFC -- Friday, January 10th, 2019 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sheff Utd vs WHUFC -- Friday, January 10th, 2019

Post  westhamonkey on Fri 10 Jan 2020, 9:38 pm

if Bournemouth manage to beat Watford this weekend we'll be in the relegation zone

I have to keep editing this cos the 'updated' table at the time I was writing this isn't the same as the table now...

the three teams below us all play sunday... two play each other so they can't both win... Villa play Man City and so to be fair, they prolly shouldn't win (famous last words)

so we won't be in the relegation spots.. but only by goal difference...

so that's nice.

Last edited by westhamonkey on Sat 11 Jan 2020, 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey on Fri 10 Jan 2020, 9:41 pm

finally... 7 fupping minutes from time... Lanzini comes off and Fornals actually gets a chance to play.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey on Fri 10 Jan 2020, 9:44 pm

Anderson goes down... another lackluster performance from him... but we have no subs available to replace him, so it'll be a shitty Anderson or down to ten men for the final 5...

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey on Fri 10 Jan 2020, 9:48 pm

three minutes of injury time to try to save something from this...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey on Fri 10 Jan 2020, 9:50 pm

holy spitballs...

never give up... never say die - but pick the best team from the get-go...

Rice runs at the Blades defense... pounces on a loose ball and plays it out to Snoddy on the right.

Snoddy hasn't put a foot wrong since coming on... he shoots near post and the ball squeezes past the keeper...

But VAR is on the case...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey on Fri 10 Jan 2020, 9:51 pm

and VAR has disallowed the goal...

the home crowd goes insane...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey on Fri 10 Jan 2020, 9:52 pm

almost identical to the Antonio goal that was disallowed the other day...

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey on Fri 10 Jan 2020, 9:53 pm

into the 95th minute...

and there it goes... the final whistle...
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham on Sat 11 Jan 2020, 10:54 am

Now the goalkeeper is injured again I can't see Moyes keeping us up with this present squad. Unless some good experience players are brought in and I have a big question mark against this by our owners, I think we should be prepared for the drop.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey on Sat 11 Jan 2020, 6:38 pm

Charlie Ham wrote:Now the goalkeeper is injured again I can't see Moyes keeping us up with this present squad. Unless some good experience players are brought in and I have a big question mark against this by our owners, I think we should be prepared for the drop.

Fabianski is a huge blow but ultimately only goes to illustrate what is a bigger problem for the club...

we have a really thin squad - and that's before you get into how badly most of them play.

Fabianski was rushed back from injury because we have basically one goal keeper at the club.

Wilshire is the new Carroll because apparently we're mandated to have at least one player who gets paid but never plays.

Reid hasn't played since early 2018

There's still very little information on Antonio's mysterious Xmas day accident - other than he's currently out of the playing squad.

Fredericks is now gone for a good stretch.

Even the potential replacement goalkeeper who we already got rid of once is not coming back because he's injured and can't pass a physical (but when has that ever stopped us buying someone?)

Anderson picked up a knock yesterday and I bet would have come off if we hadn't already used three subs...

And so apart from the baffling decision to bench Snoddy and Fornals (two of our better players in recent games) where is our strength in depth?

There isn't any.

Then butter all that off with the worrying development of Diop siting on the bench in the same week Chelsea apparently made 40m moves in his direction and the big picture at the club is even worse than the individual injuries.

which then... to add a further negative aspect to it... you just can't see us picking up additional players... we're going to be a sell to buy club as we so often are... but then who's going to buy the pony players we should arguably get rid of like Sanchez, Ajeti, Wilshire etc...

There's no money to be made from any of those... and even the half decent players who might bring in a little money... Diop, Anderson, etc... it becomes a like for like situation and doesn't improve the depth of the squad...

So... yes... I fear that you're right and the relegation trap door awaits us.

Yes, performances have been better or the past couple of games but have those victories done anything more than aper over the cracks like the last few victories under Pellegrini?
    And then how good are the 'better' performances... we didn't manage a shot on goal in the first half yesterday... is that really 'better'?

There's a ton of work needs to be done at the club... from top to bottom.

I'm not currently convinced we have either the players or the staff (including the owners) to do any of what needs to be done.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 09 Apr 2020, 1:50 pm