West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

2 posters

WHUFC vs Liverpool -- January 29th, 2019

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

WHUFC vs Liverpool -- January 29th, 2019 Empty WHUFC vs Liverpool -- January 29th, 2019

Post  westhamonkey Wed 29 Jan 2020, 5:09 am

all righty right roo...

you want me to go over how poor our financial results are?

you want me to repeat how piss poor M*yes record against the top teams is?

you want me to go over the list of injured and doubtful players for the game?

let's just do the players shall we?

Lukasz Fabianski is nearing a return from a thigh problem.

Robert Snodgrass is battling to overcome a knee injury.

Ryan Fredericks, Felipe Anderson, Andriy Yarmolenko, Arthur Masuaku and Jack Wilshere are still sidelined

we're supposed to be picking up some player no one has ever heard of on load... and Diangana is supposedly staying with WBA until May...

probably the most worrying bullshit I've read in the build up to the game (oh yes dear people... I do research for this shit - admittedly not much, but I do do some)

"Mark Noble knows the Club inside-out. He is questioning all the players, he’s digging them out, but that’s what good leaders do. You don’t want it to always be the manager. He’s doing everything he can to get the players rallied and focused.

We’re all well aware of the difficult period we’re in at this moment in time, not just in terms of difficult results, but with the games we’ve got coming. He’s helping me do my job well.

[I’m pleased by] the team spirit within the squad and also their willingness to dig each other out as well. They’re not letting anyone get away with it – they’re trying to make sure everybody’s responsible for their jobs.

There’ll be times when players don’t play well, there’ll be times when players make mistakes, but I think collectively, for me they’ve shown a positive attitude. They’ve been really honest in their work, and they’re trying their best to get us results."

This is the stuff I hate... as we know... all along the lines of 'we know we didn't play well... yada yada... we need to come together... etc... etc"

So what's all this:

"the team spirit within the squad and also their willingness to dig each other out as well. They’re not letting anyone get away with it – they’re trying to make sure everybody’s responsible for their jobs"

so exactly how do you square that with how piss poor we've been since October...??? The craptastic performances from EVERYBODY (with the exception of Antonio and on occasion Fornals and Snoddy) but nothing has changed in that time. NOTHING!!!!

so exactly what are the players and noble digging into? what exactly are they not letting each other get away with???????
    Because the performance are getting worse... game before last was the worst passing accuracy I can remember seeing... no one is playing well... so do they all 'dig' at each other and then just mutually agree to do bugger all about it?????

Because I ain't seeing any improvement on the pitch.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

WHUFC vs Liverpool -- January 29th, 2019 Empty Re: WHUFC vs Liverpool -- January 29th, 2019

Post  westhamonkey Wed 29 Jan 2020, 5:15 am

Here's some more good reading...

West Ham are winless in six Premier League matches against Liverpool (D2, L4) since winning 2-0 in January 2016 under Slaven Bilic.

Liverpool lost their first two away games against the Hammers under Jurgen Klopp - both at Upton Park - but have won two of their subsequent three matches (all at the London Stadium).

The Hammers have claimed 11 points at home this term, a joint-league low with Southampton.

Since the start of October 2019, no team have gained fewer points (11) or lost more games (11) in the Premier League than West Ham.

Michail Antonio has scored in four of his five Premier League appearances against Liverpool, netting four goals.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

WHUFC vs Liverpool -- January 29th, 2019 Empty Re: WHUFC vs Liverpool -- January 29th, 2019

Post  westhamonkey Wed 29 Jan 2020, 5:29 am

sorry none of you in the UK are gonna be able to watch this nail biting encounter live...

The match will not be televised live in the UK.

Head to head (H2H) history and results

West Ham wins: 28
    Draws: 37
    Liverpool wins: 74
    Liverpool are unbeaten in their last six meetings with West Ham, but the Hammers did hold the Reds to a 1-1 draw in east London last season.

The Odds

West Ham to win: 9/1
    Liverpool to win: 1/3
    Draw: Between 5/1
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Wed 29 Jan 2020, 7:31 pm

Me and my crew are not going tonight. Just can't face it.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 29 Jan 2020, 7:35 pm

well the sad news is that we don't get to face Adrian in goal... the good news is, at least he won't be able to score against us like most ex-players...

but what other team news do we have...

Well...

1 Fabianski
    52 Ngakia
    23 Diop
    21 Ogbonna
    3 Cresswell
    26 Masuaku
    16 Noble
    41 Rice
    11 Snodgrass
    22 Haller
    10 Lanzini

Well, we're digging the depths by going to number 52 in the line-up to being in someone called Ngakia... I'll be honest, I spend exactly zero time looking at the reserve and youth team players (I could be a scouting coach... am I right????)

Somehow Noble still gets a place in the stating XI... so does Lanzini and Haller - three of the worst performing players at the club.

Snodgrass and Fabianski are being risked with further injury by being rushed back too soon in a must-win-but-will-probably-lose game...

this might turn out to be a 4-4-2 formation or maybe a 5-4-1 nothing would surprise me.

The sub bench is deep in... erm... players...

4 Balbuena
    5 Zabaleta
    15 C Sánchez
    18 Fornals
    20 Soares Cardoso
    27 Ajeti
    35 Randolph
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 29 Jan 2020, 7:35 pm

Charlie Ham wrote:Me and my crew are not going tonight. Just can't face it.

can't say I blame you Chas... although it would be nice to say you watched Liverpool at their best.

I'll keep you updated as best I can
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 29 Jan 2020, 7:38 pm

TV thinks it'll be a 5-3-2

not quite a diamond more of a kinda amorphous blob with a little stubby head...

Liverpool go 4-3-3
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 29 Jan 2020, 7:41 pm

Where is Antonio?

the one place who might on a good day cause the opposition trouble... nowhere to be seen...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 29 Jan 2020, 7:44 pm

Here's a Twitter view of the line-up...

Lanzini has nudes of Moyes

Does Lanzini have naked pictures of Mrs Moyes?

What’s the point in starting Fabianski for this? We’re going to lose anyway ffs, rest him for Brighton!

HOW DOES FORNALS NOT START, LANZINI IS ROBBING STARTS

ffs lads I’ve only gone today because you convinced me that Antonio is playing. Want my money back

Lanzini??? Whats going on with Moyes and lanzini

Lanzini got dem noods

This agenda against Fornals is getting stupid now, how is Lanzini genuinely playing infront of him🤦🏽‍�

Literally don't understand how he's lost his place several games on the trot now to an out-of-form Lanzini

Fornals must have shagged ginger David's mrs mrs! Lanzini is a fraud!

Lanzini over Fornals?? moyes is a clown

Has fornals shat in Moyes shoes?

so the view is pretty clear...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 29 Jan 2020, 7:46 pm

West Ham kick off and Liverpool immediately attack
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 29 Jan 2020, 7:47 pm

Haller is up front alone... starting the defense just inside the Liverpool half...

then it's everyone running around in midfield and a couple people hobbling about at the back...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 29 Jan 2020, 7:48 pm

Noble hoofs it up field to no one... wicked smart capt'n
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 29 Jan 2020, 7:50 pm

our 19 year old debutante gets hopelessly caught... a simple collection for Fabianski...

but this is West Ham...

Ogbonna steps on Fab's ankle and he's injured...

4 minutes gone...

no options to play it out of the back and keep possession... we're forced to play a long kick that goes out of play and immediately concedes possession to Liverpool
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 29 Jan 2020, 7:54 pm

Liverpool free kick - Fabianski gets to it first
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 29 Jan 2020, 7:55 pm

From the BBC:

"3 mins
    Post update
    West Ham 0-0 Liverpool
    Liverpool are already dominating possession. Trent Alexander-Arnold and Andrew Robertson are already bombing forward. West Ham are already being pinned inside their own half."

"7 mins
    Post update
    West Ham 0-0 Liverpool
    No pressing at all from West Ham as Liverpool casually fizz the ball around inside their own half before bursting forward through Divock Origi."
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 29 Jan 2020, 7:57 pm

Liverpool corner
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 29 Jan 2020, 8:01 pm

Great chance...

Ngakia plays a great ball through but Haller can't do anything with it... Snoddy picks up... plays it cross pitch to Masuaku ho plays in a fine cross but Lanzini is both offside and can't make the telling touch...

but it made everyone happy for a moment or two...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 29 Jan 2020, 8:07 pm

almost half way thru the half... I'm trying to work at the same time so apologies for the paucity of updates...

we're laying kinda better than usual but still giving away all the possession and in general giving the ball away too much.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Wed 29 Jan 2020, 8:08 pm

westhamonkey wrote:
    Charlie Ham wrote:Me and my crew are not going tonight. Just can't face it.

can't say I blame you Chas... although it would be nice to say you watched Liverpool at their best.

I'll keep you updated as best I can

Thanks Monkey.
    Watching Man City playing Man Utd at the moment.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 29 Jan 2020, 8:09 pm

Masuaku passes straight to Liverpool

Diop clears off the line

West Ham attack

Masuaku's cross goes over everyone
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 29 Jan 2020, 8:12 pm

a twitter perspective:

"Ngakia is showing more in the first 25mins than any player has in the last ten games. Heads up, pace and quick ball. Looks great! Great debut so far. Most dangerous player for
    @WestHam
    so far #WHULIV"
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 29 Jan 2020, 8:14 pm

coming up on half an hour... possession is 75% to Liverpool as the ball goes uncontested through the 6 yard box
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 29 Jan 2020, 8:19 pm

Penalty to Liverpool

Diop picks up a yellow card as well

VAR checks it out

penalty it is...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 29 Jan 2020, 8:20 pm

Salah takes...

Salah scores
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 29 Jan 2020, 8:27 pm

from the BBC:

"12:24
    Post update
    West Ham 0-1 Liverpool

Steven Reid
    Former Blackburn midfielder on BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra
    On the balance of play West Ham have done okay. They have defended well and not allowed any balls to come in.

But when they go forward Liverpool look so dangerous on the break."

but then Noble gets himself booked for being a petulant little shit...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 1:57 pm