West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+9
Jiggs
Campo
Nicki
Johnny K
Arran H
SemiOldIron
JulianDicksLeftKnee
mottinghammer
Geezer
13 posters

West ham United FC v Peterborough

Arran H
    Reserves

West ham United FC v Peterborough - Page 3 Empty Re: West ham United FC v Peterborough

Post  Arran H Sat 24 Sep 2011, 4:49 pm

mottinghammer wrote:I for one am still twitcie about this one, get to near THAT time again, need a second now!

agreed , With the players we have on the pitch why cant we score ???
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

West ham United FC v Peterborough - Page 3 Empty Re: West ham United FC v Peterborough

Post  Geezer Sat 24 Sep 2011, 4:53 pm

We need Boldock 100% , hes the goal scorer and thats what we need badly , 4 mins extra time . Twitchy arse time Sad
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 24 Sep 2011, 4:55 pm

I dont get BFS ,hes say we need a goal scorer so he brings in boldock yet when need boldock on the pitch he doesnt bring him on ffs :x crap not taylor ...hope its not a bad injury ..hope its just cramp
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sat 24 Sep 2011, 4:58 pm

Not good enough, 1-0 after dominating the game. BFS needs to look long and hard at this, Baldock needs to be playing to build up an undertsanding with the other players. This is phish 😠
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Sat 24 Sep 2011, 4:59 pm

3 pints to the COCKNEY BOYS 3 PINTS , TO THE COCKNEY BOYS 3 PINTS West ham United FC v Peterborough - Page 3 228732
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 24 Sep 2011, 5:00 pm

Well 3points but we MUST improve !!! I expect us to play MUCH MUCH better on tuesday against Ipswich and lets hope taylor plays
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Sat 24 Sep 2011, 5:05 pm

Radio comm made it sound a bit backs to the wall at the finish but we need to put some clear blue sky between us & our opponents like Posh in these games. The main thing is we picked up 3 points & are right in the mix, but we need someone to start putting chances away & start to get something from the half chances. Tony Cottee doesn't have a son does he?.
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Sat 24 Sep 2011, 5:08 pm

Johnny K wrote:Radio comm made it sound a bit backs to the wall at the finish but we need to put some clear blue sky between us & our opponents like Posh in these games. The main thing is we picked up 3 points & are right in the mix, but we need someone to start putting chances away & start to get something from the half chances. Tony Cottee doesn't have a son does he?.

No but he has a big mouth at times
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Sat 24 Sep 2011, 5:12 pm

Arran H wrote:How we could do with Ba today lol got a hat-trick for newcastle today

He couldnt get out quick enough when we were relegated. 😠 Leave him with the barcodes.

And I'm sure Baldock and Bentley will play more time when they are fully fit. Obviously BFS doesn't believe in destroying confidence by throwing them in the deep end to get criticized the way other are if they don't put in faultless performances. Wise move IMHO.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 24 Sep 2011, 8:06 pm

take it we was a bit shit then , decided to take the afternoon to walk down to the Camrose as Basingstoke had a local derby with Farnborough.. we won 4-3
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 24 Sep 2011, 8:27 pm

ThreeWheeling wrote:take it we was a bit shit then , decided to take the afternoon to walk down to the Camrose as Basingstoke had a local derby with Farnborough.. we won 4-3

Well we created loads of chances but as we have seen this season already we could not finish them and we let peterborough have far to many chances Smile
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 24 Sep 2011, 8:31 pm

Thank gawd for penalties......I think we could have played all day today and not scored......fupp knows why, some really excellent crosses and corners into the box, but not a hammers foot in sight to smash them in.... Telling

Still, 3 points and a clean sheet. Our goal difference second only to Southampton, but others not far behind.........SAM, watch my lips......W.e.e.e.......n.e.e.d..........m.o.r.e.........g.o.a.l.s........p.r.o.n.t.o !
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 24 Sep 2011, 8:36 pm

Jiggs wrote:
    Our goal difference second only to Southampton, but others not far behind.........SAM, watch my lips......W.e.e.e.......n.e.e.d..........m.o.r.e.........g.o.a.l.s........p.r.o.n.t.o !

We have a goal scorer on the bench who cant wait to put on a claret and blue shirt and score some goals for us but BFS doesnt seem to want to play him Smile
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 24 Sep 2011, 8:45 pm

I'm trusting BFS Arran.......He must have his reasons, mainly who will he drop.....We have to wait until Sam thinks Baldock is ready, and hopefully that will be Tuesday evening Very Happy
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 24 Sep 2011, 9:45 pm

Arran H wrote:
    ThreeWheeling wrote:take it we was a bit shit then , decided to take the afternoon to walk down to the Camrose as Basingstoke had a local derby with Farnborough.. we won 4-3

Well we created loads of chances but as we have seen this season already we could not finish them and we let peterborough have far to many chances Smile

What chances were they then Arran? A corner in the first minute and a long range shot that Green almost spilled. They were their only two worthwhile attempts at goal all game mate!
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Sun 25 Sep 2011, 3:45 pm

Johnny K wrote: Tony Cottee doesn't have a son does he?.

He has twin boys and a daughter.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 25 Sep 2011, 3:56 pm

on the plus side, the two that were expected to be up there with us are hardly setting the league on fire , Cardiff still 4 points behind us and Leicester 5 , and lids are a further point back still.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 25 Sep 2011, 5:12 pm

Just glad of 3 points.

Why is it that these teams look better than they really are against us.

Just look forward to us improving.
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Sun 25 Sep 2011, 5:48 pm

Peterborough looked shit, we just could not break into any kind of playing format that resulted in attacking finishing. A problem I think we have had for a few seasons and not because teams are raising their game against us-I think that is just kidding ourselves a bit.

Dominated the first half completely but did absolutely nothing with it, second half we were battling against a threat that didfnt really exist. The tale of two halves voodoo still haunts us-merely the fact Posh were shit saved us from losing some or all of the three points.

I know this because, as usual, whatever end I am at the play is always at the other bloody end both halves!!!
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:48 pm

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:
    I know this because, as usual, whatever end I am at the play is always at the other bloody end both halves!!!

Bloody hell, I've suffered from that for years as well, mate. Do you think it's a medical condition?? :pale:
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 26 Sep 2011, 8:45 am

Arran H wrote:I just dont get why BFS starts Bentley on the bench and faubert on the pitch ??? I would put bentley starting and faubert on the bench ... Faubert has done nothing to impress me so far this season in the games he has played Smile Also this is the sort of game baldock would a few in

You have clearly been watching different games to me then, I think he's had a great start to the season.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 26 Sep 2011, 9:08 am

It is clear from reading this thread that the radio commentary you were listening too bared very little relation to what was happening on the pitch.

Posh had very few chances although they did look a little more dangerous after half time when Fergusson made a sub and turned them into a 4-4-2.

Foobear did very little wrong and imo didn’t deserve to be subbed, although Bentley did well when he came on.

Cole ran his nuts off but as usual there was no one there for the knock down, if we are to play a 4-5-1 (its not a 4-3-3 and I don’t care how many times BFS says it is) then a midfielder MUST get forward more. To take him off and put on Carew was a waste of time as it made no difference.

Faye was great and a clearance header made it to the back of the lower doc martins, I thought it was a volley!!

IMO had we taken off Lansberry and put on Balldock (gone to a 4-4-2) we could have won this game by at least 4-0, but there is a risk in going for a big win, the conceding of a late goal. Saturday BFS made sure we didn’t do that.

I did leave the game a little frustrated but I’ll gladly take that if we get all three points.

West ham United FC v Peterborough - Page 3 228732
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Mon 26 Sep 2011, 9:09 am

Suzanne Claret wrote:
    Arran H wrote:I just dont get why BFS starts Bentley on the bench and faubert on the pitch ??? I would put bentley starting and faubert on the bench ... Faubert has done nothing to impress me so far this season in the games he has played Smile Also this is the sort of game baldock would a few in

You have clearly been watching different games to me then, I think he's had a great start to the season.

He`s had great start to the season in the fact he has shown more effort etc but his crosses are awful , and also i just feel with bentley in the team we are more likely to score goals from the right side with his crosses rather then fauberts and i also feel bentley and O`brien will w**k better together then faubert and O`brien . Smile
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 26 Sep 2011, 10:30 am

Cole had been suffering with a cold during the week which is why he was subbed 10 mins into the second half. I think Carew made a BIG difference, in every sense of the word. He is a monster. He held the ball up and bullied their centre halves from the moment he came on. He seems to have more of an aggressive streak in him than Cole. I can see him starting tomorrow night

Faubert is working harder than I have ever seen since he joined, but the fact remains that his job is to deliver quality balls into the box and he fails 9/10 times to do it. Bentley may not w**k as hard but his delivery is usually spot on. Faubert away from home and Bentley at home may be the answer?

After watching the extended highlights of the Millwall game I was appalled at Faye's lack of positioning and pace. However, having watched him live for 90+ mins on Saturday he was simply awesome and was my MoM. Reid too was excellent. When he plays like a defender by heading balls away and clearing his lines, instead of being lulled into thinking he is a ball-playing defender, he looks the part

The muppets sponsoring the MoM vote who voted for Mark Noble ahead of Faye and Reid really do not have a clue about football and just want their picture taken with Nobes. Almost as embarrassing as Parker being voted MoM EVERY home game last season. Made me cringe every time. Whilst on the subject of Noble, BFS needs to keep reminding him that his job is to sit in front of the back four, win the ball and give it to a more gifted player. Tell him he is not Glenn Hoddle or Zinedine Zidane and CANNOT play 40 yard Hollywood passes. Nor can he volley shots from 30 yards into the top corner. SO STOP TRYING TO DO IT! Our whole central midfield was pretty anonymous on Saturday so not picking on Noble

I am still struggling to w**k out why BFS bought Sam Baldock? 10 mins play time (at Millwall) since he has been there. What was the point of buying a goalscorer and not using him? Especially at home to Peterborough?

I do not like this 4-5-1 but as long as we are picking up points then I will just have to accept that it is a means to an end ie promotion

Tuesday is going to be a tough game. They have a very experienced midfield which includes Jimmy Bullard, Lee Bowyer, Keith Andrews and Grant Leadbitter - all who have PL experience. I would like to think that Faye can cope with Jason Scotland. Just need Reid/Tomkins to deal with Chopra and Noble to track Bowyer's late runs into our box

We have only played one top 10 side so far this season (Cardiff City) and we lost. Our next 6 games (Ipswich, Crystal Palace, Blackpool, Southampton, Brighton and Leicester will give us all an idea of how good (or bad) we really are and if we are on the right track. I am not entirely convinced that we are that good - especially at home - at the moment

Last edited by Tony P on Mon 26 Sep 2011, 11:15 am; edited 2 times in total
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 26 Sep 2011, 11:03 am

I didnt know Cole had been unwell.

I agree Ipswich will be a much bigger test.

See you in the supps club??

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 5:52 pm