West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+7
Campo
Tony P
SemiOldIron
Admin
Suzanne Claret
Arran H
Jiggs
11 posters

Hull City V West Ham United

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Hull City  V  West Ham United - Page 3 Empty Re: Hull City V West Ham United

Post  Admin Sat 05 Nov 2011, 6:26 pm

Tony P wrote:Great result. Looking forward to a Match report from someone - please ! As I intend doing one for all the home games for the rest of the season Smile

Sounds like Greeno was our MoM. England's No.1

clap

Well done Tone , I knew I could rely on you . hi 5 dude :party:
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sat 05 Nov 2011, 7:59 pm

Seen the goals on the box, Cole assists for both, nice little header down for Baldrick to take a very confident finish and a really cracking goal right out of the academy's pages for the second. Excellant 3 pints to kkep the pressure on the saints, they'll crack before us! cheesey grin
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sun 06 Nov 2011, 9:05 am

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce praised goalkeeper Robert Green for his performance in the 2-0 victory over Hull City, while Nigel Pearson was left to bemoan the crucial first goal.

Sam Baldock's fifth goal since signing from MK Dons in August put the visitors in front four minutes into the second half at the KC Stadium, and eight minutes later Jack Collison slotted home a well-taken second to secure West Ham's 2-0 win.

However, having soaked up pressure for long spells, West Ham were reliant on the heroics of Green, who recently returned from a lay-off following knee surgery.

"Robert had the operation and recovered two weeks ahead of schedule, so his wellbeing as a goalkeeper is far better than before he had his operation," Allardyce said.

"He's got great stature and ability between the posts and at the moment he looks pretty impregnable. He looks like he's going to save everything and although Hull worked us hard, Robert was there to stop them.

"The difference between us and Hull was that we were clinical at one end and our goalkeeper produced excellent saves at the other end."

Allardyce, who is hoping to bring in a central defender on loan during the coming international break, added: "We were ruthless when it came to the good period we had and we were very good tactically.

"We defended very well in the first half but we didn't do enough in attack.

"We changed things around in the second half by bringing on (Carlton) Cole and we got a fantastic result with two goals in a great 10-minute spell."

Pearson reaction

Hull boss Pearson said: "I thought it was a good game and we played pretty well but unfortunately for us the first goal was important.

"We changed our shape with three in attack and we did very well in the first half, but we weren't able to score when we were on top.

"However, it was a positive that we came up against a side in second place and we think we were as good as them.

"We have to look at it as being a learning experience for the players. I'm delighted with how they are as a group and the division remains very tight."
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sun 06 Nov 2011, 10:21 am

Only saw the highlights, but two really well-worked goals and some magnificent stuff from Green made my day. I was really happy for the travelling support, it's a bloody long way and a shithole when you get there. Can't fault BFS for his gameplan with what he had available
    Not too many calling Carlton Cole a tree this morning, I reckon. And I wonder, I just wonder, if it's possible that the team play better when they know they're not going to get booed..... WH Flag
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 06 Nov 2011, 6:59 pm

anyone know where the goals are online?
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sun 06 Nov 2011, 7:01 pm

Abbi normaly puts them up , be patient dude Very Happy
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Mon 07 Nov 2011, 7:36 pm

SemiOldIron wrote:Only saw the highlights, but two really well-worked goals and some magnificent stuff from Green made my day. I was really happy for the travelling support, it's a bloody long way and a shithole when you get there. Can't fault BFS for his gameplan with what he had available
    Not too many calling Carlton Cole a tree this morning, I reckon. And I wonder, I just wonder, if it's possible that the team play better when they know they're not going to get booed..... WH Flag

When was his last good performance before the Hull match ?
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 09 Nov 2011, 8:39 pm

Just watched the highlights on WHUTV. Now I know that they are only highlights but, yet again, I am extremely worried about the positional play of Faye. Matty Fryatt got away from him SO many times that it is frightening. Rob Green definitely kept us in the game

Also if this midfield was playing in the Premier League we would get caned every week. NO tracking. NO pace. NO tackling. Scary

A mate of mine said that Faye was "excellent" against Hull

I would be interested in an opinion from someone who was there
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 10 Nov 2011, 9:04 am

I thought he had a great game Tony, he would have been my MOTM had it not been for Green’s heroics in the last 10 minutes.
    Faye is an old fashioned, lumbering centre-back that throws himself at the ball, protects his goal at all costs and is one hell of a header of a ball (when he heads it – it stays headed). He lacks the finesse of ‘at his peak’ Rio Ferdinand or indeed a James Tomkins but I think he is exactly what we have been missing in defence.
    The problem he had on Saturday was the players in front of him or rather the huge holes they left in midfield allowing Hull to come forward in waves.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 10 Nov 2011, 9:26 am

Oh I must mention the chanting:
    To our left was the Hull ‘singing section’, they made some noise and booed ‘bubbles’. But of course at 2 nil they shut up which caused us to chant “you only sing when you’re drawing”
    In what would have been their wheelchair section at the foot of the ‘singing section’ was a young couple with what looked like a 2 year old in a buggy. The lad was fussing with the buggy which caused a chorus of “how sick must you be, that kid aint yours”

Cockney Bastards cheesey grin
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 10 Nov 2011, 10:22 am

Suzanne Claret wrote:Oh I must mention the chanting:
    To our left was the Hull ‘singing section’, they made some noise and booed ‘bubbles’. But of course at 2 nil they shut up which caused us to chant “you only sing when you’re drawing”
    In what would have been their wheelchair section at the foot of the ‘singing section’ was a young couple with what looked like a 2 year old in a buggy. The lad was fussing with the buggy which caused a chorus of “how sick must you be, that kid aint yours”

Cockney Bastards cheesey grin

cheesey grin
    same old West Ham taking the piss
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 10 Nov 2011, 12:39 pm

Suzanne Claret wrote:I thought he had a great game Tony, he would have been my MOTM had it not been for Green’s heroics in the last 10 minutes.
    Faye is an old fashioned, lumbering centre-back that throws himself at the ball, protects his goal at all costs and is one hell of a header of a ball (when he heads it – it stays headed). He lacks the finesse of ‘at his peak’ Rio Ferdinand or indeed a James Tomkins but I think he is exactly what we have been missing in defence.
    The problem he had on Saturday was the players in front of him or rather the huge holes they left in midfield allowing Hull to come forward in waves.

Thanks Su !

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 5:40 pm