Portsmouth v Coventry
    West Ham v Burnley
    Bristol City v Middlesbrough

WH Flag
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Re: Middlesbrough V West Ham United

Post  Tony P on Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:25 pm

Great performance (according to Graeme Sharp on SSN) and a great result! Boro not lost at home since February. A nice 6 point gap between us and Cardiff in 3rd now too

Gonna be a tough game on Saturday. Burnley have won 4 games away from home and have scored 7 goals in their last two games. Let's hope we do not underestimate them

But for now let's just enjoy a great victory tonight !

COYI !
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki on Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:30 pm

I have the feeling that BFS doesn't underestimate anyone.. hope not anyway.
    Any idea how Demel played tonight?
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer on Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:25 pm

What a cracking result, 2 goals and a clean sheet away from home at one of the meanest defences in the cocopops! Hurrah for good old BFS and Piquioonee and the Tree I said all along they were our best chance of scoring, honest I did, cheesey grin :party: tits woohoo
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin on Wed 30 Nov 2011, 4:38 am

Great result last night and à clean sheet that makes Rob look good and the team of course , well done lads clap

Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H on Wed 30 Nov 2011, 5:04 am

We now have the best defence in the league after last night WH Flag
    Admin
    1st team

What the oppo say about last nights game

Post  Admin on Wed 30 Nov 2011, 12:34 pm

A lack of fight and quality were the reason for 'Boro's defeat at home to West Ham, according to the home supporters...

"Last night we showed West Ham too much respect, sat off them and allowed them to intimidate us. We were completely outnumbered in the middle where WHU bossed it. Noble was their main man and made it a bit embarassing at times. They looked much stronger and were quicker to the ball. This game was a combination of meeting a quality team on form and 'Boro having a poor game.

That said, we know it is a battle for the play-offs that this season is about - so hopefully some excitement - as the top two looks to be sown up."
    - DB23

"After watching tonight's game, West Ham are no great shakes. If we could string a few passes together (and had Bart played instead of Scotty) they were there for the taking. We lacked fight and passion, the worrying thing was that we were third to every ball! I honestly think teams have either sussed us out or we have run out of steam."
    - Davey

"There is no cause for concern - Mogga is building something good here and although last three games have not be great, i feel we are improving as a club month by month. As many have said, tonight's loss is a kick in the teeth but at the end of the day, they are a FAR better team in almost every area.

Their midfield is better than some Premier League teams and if you look at the players they had injured, including Lansbury and Bentley, they would walk into every single Championship team. However in their team, they're not certain starters at all."
    - CStephenson01

"I agree with those who say tonight is no disgrace. The reality is that West Ham are copying the Newcastle route, keeping Premier League-level players/wages in the Championship and it is likely to pay off. They brought on Carlton Cole from the bench, we had Nimely - that says it all really.

We are still fourth though and if we can keep in and around the play-off positions then we will be ok. Already it looks like the play-offs, but a day out at Wembley wouldn't be that bad - would it?"
    - Boro 86

"The first goal came about after a dreadful pass by Bailey was intercepted, and Piquionne unforgivably ended up with a free header. McDonald could have walked after that tackle he was booked for. Carlton Cole schooled Bates when he came on. We should take what we can get for him in January. Zemamma was abysmal, West Ham overall were nothing special."
    - Critical Bill

"Very poor performance, we were outclassed in midfield and were generally sluggish whilst being the architects of our own downfall. Mcdonald carved out some decent chances and I think he was unfortunate that the former England number one was between the sticks for them, as he pulled off a good stop. But with the exception of that, they were first to every ball and we were outbattled in the middle by experienced players.

Noble stood out for me as he popped up everywhere, he was always first too the second ball, showed good awareness and never conceded possession. The early goal set the scene for the game. We were lacklustre at the beginning, so incredibly slow out of the blocks. The final goal in the dying seconds was soley an error from Bates. I also think the officials had a shocking night. Mike Dean seemed to want to be centre of attention."
    - Dr D Masta Blad

" West Ham looked the better team but in reality created nothing more than we did. We should've stuck one of our chances away. Problem is, when we desperately need a goal who can we bring on? Mowbray used every attacking player at his disposal - but if Emnes and McDonald aren't firing on all cylinders there isn't a lot we can do."
    - Fearless_Fish

"One thing I wasn't happy with was that even allowing for our lightweight squad, I thought we looked beaten before we had started. I felt like we were waiting for West Ham to get a goal, and they did. There's no reason or excuse for such an attitude, Mogga wants to get that defeatist stuff kicked out of them now."
    - HolgateCorner

"We ruined it for ourselves in the first 10 minutes by giving them too much respect and letting them score. We were playing in fear after kick-off, and they punished us. They obviously had the game plan of getting the early goal and sitting back on it, and it worked. Totally ruined the game as a spectacle, but then what do you expect from one of Big Sam's teams.

Scott Mcdonald's miss was obviously a big moment. If he'd have scored that it would have changed the shape of the game. Tonight was always going to be tough but I suppose it was a reality check. The best we can hope for this season is the play-offs, but I definately wont be complaining if that's what we end up with."
    - parmoboy

Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Wed 30 Nov 2011, 12:58 pm

Nicki wrote:I have the feeling that BFS doesn't underestimate anyone.. hope not anyway.
    Any idea how Demel played tonight?

Spoke to my mate this morning. He was at the game last night. He said Demel was excellent. Very strong and athletic as well as being technically good. Only ONE misplaced pass all night.

Nobes on the other hand kept giving the ball away by trying "Hollywood" passes when there were plenty of easier options available to him. Will he ever learn?

A thorough professional performance, limiting Boro to very few chances. Luvvly jubbly !!

COYI !!
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki on Wed 30 Nov 2011, 3:15 pm

Good to hear that about Demel Tony. We havent had a really good right back for years - although Joey O'Brien has been doing a good job so far. I am beginning to get excited by this squad. Watch the perishers go and mess it up now I've said that!
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane on Wed 30 Nov 2011, 3:25 pm

That's funny, Tony when you see the MBro supporter in Geezer's post said that Noble controlled the midfield to a point where it was almost embarassing. Funny how people look differently on a game.

"Last night we showed West Ham too much respect, sat off them and allowed them to intimidate us. We were completely outnumbered in the middle where WHU bossed it. Noble was their main man and made it a bit embarassing at times. They looked much stronger and were quicker to the ball. This game was a combination of meeting a quality team on form and 'Boro having a poor game.

That said, we know it is a battle for the play-offs that this season is about - so hopefully some excitement - as the top two looks to be sown up."
    - DB23

---

P.S. there is a video on the offish where you can see Demel training a little bit. He looks really fit and strong. With him and Faye, we have a force to be reckoned with down there. I must say I love watching how Faye has become one of the key reasons why our defence is so solid. Sorry for Reid, but I can't see him getting into the team, when he is fit again.
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Wed 30 Nov 2011, 4:47 pm

I read that on KUMB too ID but I would rather take the view from a mate who has hardly missed a game, home or away, since 1969 !!
    Admin
    1st team

Stats from the MBoro game

Post  Admin on Wed 30 Nov 2011, 5:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Charlie Ham
    Reserves

Post  Charlie Ham on Wed 30 Nov 2011, 6:48 pm

Great result last night.

Who knows, top at Christmas anyone.
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Wed 30 Nov 2011, 9:02 pm

Admin wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

18,400 crowd. Pathetic attendance. Big club my arse. DNB's
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki on Wed 30 Nov 2011, 11:22 pm

I just watched the highlights and i thought the ground was empty until I heard our clap fans singing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:00 am