West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+2
westhamonkey
Arran
6 posters

Pre-Season in Australia

Arran
    Boot Cleaner

Pre-Season in Australia  Empty Pre-Season in Australia

Post  Arran Wed 11 Mar 2020, 6:39 am

On the official site on the page it gives you the details for tickets etc etc for this mini tornament in the summer.

However in small writing I`ve notice this :

Ticket purchasers should note that the final coaching and playing talent selected for the 2020 Queensland Champions Cup may not be from the current squad and are subject to change for reasons including player availability and injury.

Correct me if I`m wrong but why would put Final coaching if you know that Moyes etc will be the manager next season....Playing staff I can understand as players come back late from Euros etc , Pick up injuries etc but I can`t understand that Coaching.

Could it be a sign that Moyes could get the boot again in the Summer Pre-Season in Australia  780148547
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Pre-Season in Australia  Empty Re: Pre-Season in Australia

Post  westhamonkey Wed 11 Mar 2020, 6:44 am

If that's what it means then I'll be the happiest Hammer of all time!!!
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Thu 12 Mar 2020, 9:39 am

A lot will depend if we stay up.
    Moyes and other coaches might decide to leave, coaching a bunch of useless players must be difficult.
    Arran
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Arran Thu 12 Mar 2020, 5:29 pm

Me Personally if I was the Board I`d be thinking of the future of the club and thinking of ways that I could get the club together again and making the whole club and nice place to be again. If I was the Board I`d be on that phone to Poch and trying my absolute hardest to presuade him to just a new project at West Ham and if that means giving him the money to bring players he wants in then so be it.

Poch has stated he wants a return to the premier league so why should aim high and try and presuade him - Look at Everton as an example with Carlo.

I believe Poch seeing what he did at not just Spurs but also at Southampton -he`d do wonders at West Ham especially with the kids we have starting to break into the 1st team.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Fri 13 Mar 2020, 4:22 am

why are there newspaper headlines saying Arteta has tested positive for corona virus but nothing form the offish or the club?

presumably he shook hands with our manager... 5 days ago or whenever it was... you'd think everyone involved in that game would want to be tested ASAP...

if they call off the season... what does that do the promotion/relegation?
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Fri 13 Mar 2020, 5:37 am

westhamonkey wrote:
    why are there newspaper headlines saying Arteta has tested positive for corona virus but nothing form the offish or the club?

presumably he shook hands with our manager... 5 days ago or whenever it was... you'd think everyone involved in that game would want to be tested ASAP...

if they call off the season... what does that do the promotion/relegation?

That is the underlying problem. What to do about the bottom of the table. Yes, you could give Liverpool the title now, (with a * next to it to indicate not a full season completed). But what do you do about relegation and promotion? Villa still has a game in hand. It would be wrong to relegate them knowing that if they win that game, it lifts them out of the bottom 3. Pools panel? As we know full well, there is always a team at the bottom that puts a run together and one that looked safe drops like a stone. 

The only way I can see it being done is to suspend the league for a month and finish it later. Postpone the Euro's for 12 months if necessar.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Fri 13 Mar 2020, 11:30 am

Best thing for West Ham would be to cancel the league.

I would have no problem with Liverpool being made champions, they deserve it.

As for the rest, no one comes up and no one goes down.

Just hearing that the premier league look like postponing the league until April. Then who knows.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 14 Mar 2020, 4:09 am

but it's not just about the Premier League... I know people only focus on themselves... but suppose we are one of the teams in the Championship that had put in a really, really hard shift and won all our games...

and then this happened...

and then a bunch of crappy Premier League teams who couldn't win in a month of sundays got to start in the Premier League just because of some weird panic situation that shut down the league...

I'd be livid. We'd all be livid...

SO I'm hoping all this blows over in a few weeks or a month...

They cancel the Euros or push them till next year and then we just resume this season to completion, it's not like it's that many games...

I mean... I can't believe more people aren't making a fuss about Arteta testing positive... he had contact with all the Arsenal players, which means all our players had contact with the virus...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 15 Mar 2020, 4:19 am

and now Brady is coming out and calling for the season to be declared null and void...

that's a real good look for the club.
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Sun 15 Mar 2020, 8:52 am

That woman has to go
    Cochese
    Cochese
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Cochese Wed 22 Apr 2020, 2:57 pm

Tour postponed until 2021.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 17 Jun 2020, 2:39 pm

Blakey wrote:That woman has to go

She does, but is such a crafty cow. 

I think they'll play all remaining games behind closed doors, commencing 17th June Pre-Season in Australia  3717672098

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 6:12 am