West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+2
Jiggs
westhamonkey
6 posters

WHUFC vs Chelsea -- July 1st, 2020

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

WHUFC vs Chelsea -- July 1st, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: WHUFC vs Chelsea -- July 1st, 2020

Post  westhamonkey Wed 01 Jul 2020, 10:05 pm

Cochese wrote:I for one am shocked - SHOCKED - that we gave up a second-half lead.

Then I'm actually shocked we took the lead back.

maybe M*yes might consider playing Yarmo... this is only the second time he's played under him and will be the longest appearance since M*yes came back
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

WHUFC vs Chelsea -- July 1st, 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: WHUFC vs Chelsea -- July 1st, 2020

Post  westhamonkey Wed 01 Jul 2020, 10:06 pm

wasting time with a substitution...

Fornals comes off and Balbuena comes on...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 01 Jul 2020, 10:07 pm

2 1/2 minutes to go...

chelsea on the attack...

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 01 Jul 2020, 10:07 pm

Here's the guardian's take:

"14:03
    GOAL - West Ham 3-2 Chelsea
    Andriy Yarmolenko (89 mins)
    The winner surelyyyyyyyyy?!

Michail Antonio has had some night, that's brilliant. West Ham clear the ball long, Antonio has a man on his back but brings it down and plays a one two with Pablo Fornals.

Can he spin and see the Ukrainian flying down the right? He can. The through ball is spot on, Andriy Yarmolenko is able to cut inside last man Rudiger and bury the low shot.

An excellent counter-attacking goal."

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 01 Jul 2020, 10:08 pm

We've had three shots on goal...

three shots... three goals...

West Ham free kick....

just waiting for the whistle...
    Cochese
    Cochese
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Cochese Wed 01 Jul 2020, 10:09 pm

westhamonkey wrote:

Michail Antonio has had some night, that's brilliant. West Ham clear the ball long, Antonio has a man on his back but brings it down and plays a one two with Pablo Fornals.

Can he spin and see the Ukrainian flying down the right? He can. The through ball is spot on, Andriy Yarmolenko is able to cut inside last man Rudiger and bury the low shot.

Do they copy that straight from the Beeb, vice-versa, or do they have some sort of commentary-sharing situation going on?
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 01 Jul 2020, 10:09 pm

last gasp....

but there goes the whistle....

we jump up the table.... by one place...

three points out of the relegation zone.

don't wanna take all the credit myself... but it's amazing how different the outcome is when we actually play on the front foot...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 01 Jul 2020, 10:10 pm

Cochese wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

Do they copy that straight from the Beeb, vice-versa, or do they have some sort of commentary-sharing situation going on?

not sure... but it's tough finding good text comms....
    Cochese
    Cochese
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Cochese Wed 01 Jul 2020, 10:12 pm

westhamonkey wrote:
    Cochese wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

not sure... but it's tough finding good text comms....

I've always been happy with the BBC live page. Some nice snark on there.

Well, can't say I'm displeased with the result. I'm so very happy I don't bet, I'd be flat broke.

westhamonkey likes this post

Arran
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Arran Thu 02 Jul 2020, 6:38 am

A Superb all round result last night. Personally very hapy to see Yarmolenko get the winner - He`s one player that seems to get unfair press from Fans in my opnion.When fit he`s a class act as yesterday showed when he come on.

I`d start him at the weekend against Newcastle - I`d go with this team at the weekend :

Fabianski
    Fredericks
    Diop
    Ogbonna
    Cresswell
    Rice(c)
    Soucek
    Lanzini
    Yarmolenko
    Antonio
    Bowen
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Thu 02 Jul 2020, 10:33 am

What a cracking result. Always nice to do the double over Chelsea but that bit sweeter to ram all Lampard Jr's vitriol back down his throat. 

I know it's been a while since we've won, let alone seen a performance like that but lets not get too carried away. 

Yarmolenko's goal was a peach, but it's how he's scored almost every goal for us. Cut in from the right, left foot drive to the bottom corner. He only got away with it because of his run down the pitch, (which Alonso should have tracked), Rudiger was on his own, (Chelsea too committed to try and get a winner), and is generally very poor. The key, was the Antonio take down and give & go with Fornals before the sublime cross field ball. That was pure class. Yarmolenko's celebration though, what was that all about. He was definitely sending a message to Moyes. 

That was a good team performance and I think everyone, (except maybe Lanzini who was poor), played well. There is still a lot of work to do. Our passing was poor, Lanzini was prevalent at miss passing / giving the ball away. Antonio, for all the good stuff he did, there was an equal amount of poor stuff. His passing, looking up, trapping the ball, first touch, all need work. 

Soucek, on that display I wonder if Noble will play again. He did everything right that Noble fails to. He was very very good and will only get better, especially now he has a legitimate goal under his belt. I would play either one of Fornals, Lanzini or Anderson, any combination of two of them is detrimental to the team. Wilshire did well while he was on, I'd like to see more of him, he's a grafter, something that neither Lanzini or Anderson can be accused of. 

Bowen, ran his legs off, again. He has been a good signing from what he's shown so far. He's still a bit rough around the edges but i think he's going to do very well here alongside Antonio and Haller at the top end of the pitch. 

Cresswell. What to do about Cresswell. He's shot, in the same way that Noble is. At the moment hes the best option we have, it's either him or Masuaku for the left back position. And as Arthur regularly says, "I'm not a left back, I'm a midfielder". Although that's pushing it, he does play better as a wing back alongside a back 3. 

Newcastle next. You can guarantee they won't be a push over. Lets see what Super Tactician Moyes can do up in Geordie land.

westhamonkey likes this post

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 02 Jul 2020, 4:19 pm

Well, I never expected that  jawdrop

More of the same, not just at Newcastle this weekend ….. but forever.

COYI!
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Thu 02 Jul 2020, 6:06 pm

pretty much spot on comments from everyone - although contrary to Jiggs' surprise, it's totally in character for u to lose against all the teams we should beat and then pull off a result against one of the top 6.
    What we have to do is make sure this isn't our only result before the end of the season.
    Even Norwich aren't mathematically relegated, so there's points still very much needed.

As for individuals...

I agree with Blakey's assessment of Antonio. He did some great tings but also made as many poor choices, lost possession, etc.

Soucek was probably our best player and needs to cement that position as his own.

Bowen was good too, but as said above, a little rough round the edges.

Lanzini was not great - but illustrates the problem we have at the club - who do you replace him with?
    Anderson is so poor he's honestly not worth considering except maybe to replace tired legs with ten minutes to go - he shouldn't be in the starting XI anymore - he just doesn't care or have it.

Fornals was pretty anonymous except for the play that set up the winning goal - so do we want players who play one good pass in a game or someone who plays the entire game?

Ogbonna looked good - but we know he'll make mistakes eventually.

Diop is hot and cold, good one moment, giving away a penalty the next. That's the problem with defenders, much like Goalkeepers, if they make a mistake it usually gets noticed because it costs. Further up the park, mistakes can be less obvious or less consequential.

Cresswell looks past it.

Fredericks is okay.

Yarmolenko did what wa required of him but a better defender would have snuffed out the chance that won the game for us.
    The bigger question is why does M*yes seem so reluctant to play him.

Y'all know my thoughts on Noble... I was happy to see him dropped yesterday but sad when it was done because of injury and not form. When he doesn't play, I feel we have a chance of a result, when he does... we're in big trouble.
    He should be like a back-up keeper, playing in cup games and a sub if we need to change things up - but he should not be a regular first teamer at all under any circumstances... which means he should no longer be the club captain.
    Harsh... but no one's either diminishing Brooking's skills, place at the club or in history - or expecting him to still play week in week out.

So... all in all, a very good game... a great result - might just keep us in the Premier League... but it cannot be a one off. There's at least three games left that we should win without question.

When the 'summer' eventually rolls around, the owners have to admit their mistake and shitcan M*yes... clear out a number of players and try to figure out exactly where we are going.

Like I said before we left Upton Park... you figure out success on the pitch FIRST... then all the good things will naturally follow.
    Moving into a big empty house and then expecting to get a high paying job, an expensive car and live a luxury lifestyle just because you live in a bog house is the way to financial ruin.

Cochese likes this post

Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Fri 03 Jul 2020, 8:58 am

Watched the game yesterday and glad to see we were a lot more positive.
    We did better because,(Mr goes backwards Noble) was missing. Long may it remain the same.
    My question is can they keep it up?
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Fri 03 Jul 2020, 9:54 am

westhamonkey wrote:

When the 'summer' eventually rolls around, the owners have to admit their mistake and shitcan M*yes... clear out a number of players and try to figure out exactly where we are going.

Sorry to disappoint you but Moyes is here for the long haul. They won't get rid in the summer. 

Also, I'm not seeing many calls for Eddie Howe to replace him now either  WHUFC vs Chelsea -- July 1st, 2020 - Page 3 2591071413
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 04 Jul 2020, 3:38 pm

Blakey wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you but Moyes is here for the long haul. They won't get rid in the summer. 

Also, I'm not seeing many calls for Eddie Howe to replace him now either  WHUFC vs Chelsea -- July 1st, 2020 - Page 3 2591071413
    my point was purely aspirational - I was talking about what the club SHOULD do...

I have absolutely ZERO faith that they will ever do the right thing again.

Once they re-hired M*yes, I wouldn't trust them to tell me the sky is blue (which i actually isn't, that's an illusion caused by refraction of light - but you get my point)
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Sun 05 Jul 2020, 10:07 am

westhamonkey wrote:
    Blakey wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

my point was purely aspirational - I was talking about what the club SHOULD do...

I have absolutely ZERO faith that they will ever do the right thing again.

Once they re-hired M*yes, I wouldn't trust them to tell me the sky is blue (which i actually isn't, that's an illusion caused by refraction of light - but you get my point)

I know exactly where your coming from but where we are at the moment, there aren't too many options. We cannot afford to experiment with a manager from outside of the Premier League, let alone from outside of the country. Bringing a total unknown in would be suicide. The only manager that I see as a safe pair of hands now is Sean Dyche, but he wouldn't work for the Jizz Twins. One phone call to Fat Sam to get a briefing and he'd turn us down flat .

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 10:49 pm