West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

Rhodes going no-where says Clark

Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Rhodes going no-where says Clark Empty Rhodes going no-where says Clark

Post  Geezer Thu 05 Jan 2012, 3:17 pm

Huddersfield boss Lee Clark insists that star striker Jordan Rhodes will not be sold during the current transfer window.

Clark, speaking this morning in the wake of renewed interest from West Ham United in the 21-year-old Scottish international maintained that Rhodes would remain with the Terriers - regardless of the fee offered.

"I don't know if the lad's taken any notice of it [the speculation] but he's getting better and better with each game," Clark told SSN. "His overall game has been superb, not just the goals. His hold up play, his movement, his use of team mates - he made a fantastic goal at Notts County for Gary Roberts.

"I believe that if he's seeing the speculation - which he probably is - I'd think it would give him a boost - and why not? A young player, when you see clubs from the Premier League who've got top quality managers being interested in you it can only give you confidence. Jordan's using it in the right way and we're benefitting from it as a team.

"Keep it going I say to Jordan because I know, he knows, the owner knows, everybody inside the football club knows that come February 1st he'll [still] be our player. So if we're getting the benefits because he's full of confidence, then all well and good."

West Ham made enquiries into Rhodes' availablility last week. It has been claimed elsewhere that the club have made two seperate bids for the Oldham-born forward.

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 3:39 pm