West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+8
IronDane
Blakey
Campo
Arran H
Charlie Ham
Tony P
mottinghammer
Admin
12 posters

Cardif City v West Ham United FC

Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Cardif City v West Ham United FC - Page 3 Empty Re: Cardif City v West Ham United FC

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 04 Mar 2012, 4:12 pm

Great results today.
    Could have won by more.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Cardif City v West Ham United FC - Page 3 Empty Re: Cardif City v West Ham United FC

Post  Admin Sun 04 Mar 2012, 4:17 pm

Big Sam after the game

Sam Allardyce was content with his side's 2-0 win at Cardiff City Stadium on Sunday.

Speaking to press after the game, the Hammers boss said: "It was the quality of Kevin Nolan that put us ahead. You put him in the box and he can show you quality finishing , it was his eighth goal of the season for us and it came at a very important time just before the interval.

"We had missed a couple of chances before that, and then Kevin pops up with a superb finish. It took David Marshall by surprise because he expected Kevin to hit it first time, but he delayed slightly and put the goalkeeper off - that's the talent of the man.

"We could have got a couple more just after half time, so Cardiff were still in it but our back-four were terrific, especially our two central defenders. And although Robert Green didn't have a lot to do, he was there when it mattered in stoppage time by touching a header onto the bar.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sun 04 Mar 2012, 5:39 pm

Tho iam over the mood we won I still cant belive that Maynard missed that chance when he had chance put on the plate for him by their defence and only had keeper to beat yet keeper still save it ?! :shock: Evil or Very Mad

Other then that it was agreat game , Great Result and a clean sheet , Play like that against watford on wednesday and we should have a repeat of the 4-0 win over them at their place early on in the season cheesey grin WH Flag

IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Sun 04 Mar 2012, 9:15 pm

It was a really good first goal wasnt it and lets not forget Maynard played Nolan, so lets see Maynard start next time too. Could be the making of something deadly this lineup although I would like to have Taylor there instead of Collison but aint complaining lets see next game how it goes. A job very well done, to be honest I did not expect us to be this much in control of the game today. Sam is getting better and better with this squad.
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Mon 05 Mar 2012, 4:49 am

Views from the oppo

"I thought West Ham wanted it more than us today. Very disappointing, we looked very stale today and I am still wondering why Malky didn't change it. West Ham were well organised and sussed us out. For their first goal, there were three players around their man and we let him slip the ball through to Nolan to score. Their second goal I am still wondering how McCartney was allowed to run all the way down the left. I thought Vuckic in particular was guilty of pulling out of a few tackles. We let West Ham come down here and pick up a comfortable win. Not good enough I'm afraid."
    - Tonteg Bluebird

West Ham were the better side by a mile - despite having the rub of the green. We looked tired and out of ideas. Had Whitts free kick gone in it might have been a slight change to the final score but we didn't do enough to even warrant a draw. Proof that we need to use more of our squad if we can't add to it."
    - aj1927

"We have lost our way, we played far too narrow and to be fair they pressed us into mistakes. We hit the post when it was 1-0 but they could have had two or three by then as they hit us on the break and were clear. We picked up for 15 minutes without testing the 'keeper but once it went to 2-0 it looked all over. The play-offs are still there to be claimed but we need to change the team and possibly try something else up front."
    - billy ronson

"I thought we were quite good until West Ham scored. Then we played poorly for 25 minutes, but if Whitts free kick had gone in we could have gone on to win. Although not flashy or playing good football, West Ham are a good team and we don't have to face anyone that good again this season. We are still a likely top six side."
    - bluebird58

We were beaten by a Premier League-quality side (one better than QPR last year, in my opinion). The game clearly exposed our weaknesses; far too much space given in defence against a quality West Ham midfield and attack - and far too little up front to expose any weakness in West Ham's defence. Top teams have found us out. Of course we do have a decent set of upcoming fixtures against lower level clubs. Nail those and we are back for yet another trip to Wembley. I think autos are out of touch now but would love to be proved wrong."
    - Raiderbankk

"Today against West Ham I was just so unexpectedly frustrated. Straight after an heroic Wembley performance against a Premier League Liverpool, we just couldn’t even come close to mirroring West Ham’s quality. West Ham are a great side, but Cardiff should be doing better than this if we want automatic promotion. We always looked second to the ball where West Ham looked fired up and raring to go. Nicky Maynard, formerly of Bristol City, looked determined to chase down every single ball and our defence just couldn’t cope with it."
    - ninian.

"We cannot hope to compete with West Ham when it comes to money as their PL parachute payments are bigger than our playing budget. We were beaten today by a very organised team and by ourselves with some pretty poor defending. No real width from either team and considering both teams aspire to promotion I thought it was pretty low quality fare on offer. Chris Foy didn't help; I thought he and his assistants were poor for both sides. We were beaten by a better team on the day so we take it and move on."
    - castleblue

"If we are going to hoof the ball towards the opposition defence at every conceivable opportunity shouldn't we be calling back [John] Parkin from Scunny? We may as well have sold Whitts for £5million as all we do is bypass our midfield. Faye had a walk in the park today against our non-existant attack. The worst thing about today is losing to an overrated team (gutted). We were ok when we played on the grass, but time and time again hoofed it to an out-of-form striker. I hope it was just a case of 'after the Lord Mayor's Show'!"
    Anon

"Fortunately we won't play a side that good every week. Their pace, movement and w**k rate were outstanding. On a positive note, even in injury time we were still busting a gut to get a goal. No disgrace in that defeat. West Ham are champions elect based on that performance."
    - alfie sherwood

"We have been singing Malky Mackay's praises and rightly so; he has done a good job - but he has to do what all young managers have to and admit he met his match today. 1: Sam Allardyce bought decent players in the transfer window, Malky didn't. 2: Sam has built a team that are physical, aggressive specimens that will get out of this league. 3: Sam had his team pressing and condensing play today, not giving us a minute on the ball. 4: Sam brought on good subs to change and refresh - Malky didnt put a striker on the bench and didnt have the guile to change things around. Malky must learn from today - and realise that he's still an apprentice against the top managers."
    - Baron Ancoats
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Mon 05 Mar 2012, 10:03 am

Well I'll take my hat off to all bar one of them quotes! (Still dont like Caarfiff, comes from spending to much time in the rain at Sennybridge training area in my yoof!)
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Mon 05 Mar 2012, 10:10 am

I know the one you mean Motty , the " over rated team " one , obviously sour grapes

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 4:23 am