West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

4 posters

Henderson to sign

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Henderson to sign Empty Henderson to sign

Post  Admin Sat 10 Mar 2012, 8:25 pm

West Ham United are set to announce their second new signing within 48 hours with the arrival of Portsmouth goalkeeper Stephen Henderson.

The 23-year-old Irishman is understood to have undergone a medical at the club and, KUMB.com understands, will be confirmed as a West Ham player imminently.

Henderson - who was withdrawn from the Portsmouth squad that were beaten 2-0 at Brighton this afternoon - began his career with Aston Villa but joined Burnley on a free transfer in May 2007 having failed to make a single appearance for the Premier League club.

Loan spells at York, Weymouth, Wycombe, Aldershot and Yeovil followed before he was snapped up by Pompey last summer - since when he has gone on to make 27 apeerances for the financially-stricken club.

West Ham are just one of a string of clubs who have been running the rule over the promising goalkeeper this season, with Newcastle United also linked with him back in January.

Yesterday it was announced that Henderson's current club have been advanced a figure of around £800,000 by the Football League which should ensure they complete their league programme this season.

That was also good news for West Ham who faced losing the six points they had taken from wins against Pompey home and away this season, should the troubled club be liquidated before the end of the current campaign.

Preparing for Green to leave in the summer ?
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Henderson to sign Empty Re: Henderson to sign

Post  Nicki Sat 10 Mar 2012, 9:02 pm

Probably though if by some miracle we do go up I reckon he will stay.
    I think its as much to do with
    a - our reserve keepers are shite - Lets hope he is better.
    b - Giving Pompey a helping hand so we don't get a 6 point deduction!
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 10 Mar 2012, 9:31 pm

From Sky Sports

Henderson set for Hammers

Mullins also set to leave Pompey as club try to raise cash

Stephen Henderson: Portsmouth goalkeeper is undergoing a medical at West Ham ahead of a loan move

Portsmouth have confirmed Stephen Henderson is set to join West Ham United on loan with a view to a permanent deal and the goalkeeper is poised to be followed out of Fratton Park by Hayden Mullins.

Henderson has made 27 appearances for Pompey since arriving from Bristol City last summer, but is the latest casualty of the club's need to raise funds.

The 23-year-old was left out of the squad for Saturday's 2-0 defeat at Brighton & Hove Albion and has been undergoing a medical with promotion hopefuls West Ham.

Pompey's administrator, Trevor Birch, has confirmed the Championship's bottom club will receive a 'significant' fee for letting Henderson head to Upton Park.
    Significant

"Stephen Henderson will be joining West Ham on loan with a view to a permanent contract," said Birch in The News.

"We still need money to get past the end of the season. It doesn't just stop then, so I am trying to get in that extra cash which pushes it even further and gives even more time to achieve what we need to achieve.

"I cannot divulge how much we will receive (from West Ham), it wouldn't be right to. But it's a significant fee. We wouldn't be doing it otherwise."

Mullins was also omitted from the squad to face Brighton and Pompey boss Michael Appleton confirmed the experienced midfielder is set to join another club on loan.

Appleton said: "I left Hayden out because there's an opportunity for him to speak to a club over the weekend.

"I didn't want him getting too mixed up with what was going on off the field, so I gave him a breather.

"Stephen is at West Ham for a medical. It's a loan with a view to a permanent."
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 11 Mar 2012, 11:10 am

I do hope we are covering our backs with these loan signings.....Whilst it's very astute of the board to help guarantee keeping the six points we won from Pompey, we don't want to be paying for years to come.
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Fri 16 Mar 2012, 1:27 pm

Well it has been confirmed sat last. Not looking good for Boffin is it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 12:03 pm