West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+12
spudgun
Campo
westhamonkey
IronDane
Bialy kruk
Arran H
Suzanne Claret
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Charlie Ham
Tony P
Kray_Snr
Admin
16 posters

West Ham United FC v Blackpool

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

West Ham United FC v Blackpool Empty West Ham United FC v Blackpool

Post  Admin Wed 09 May 2012, 4:38 pm

West Ham United FC v Blackpool Woowtw

NPower Championship Final

West Ham United FC v Blackpool Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpvw601kS1ZH80CQru7z7BKY_lkT1PHbev3ebhWVoA7z5LqR7rWest Ham United FC v Blackpool West Ham United FC v Blackpool Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0Yc1I6W-ktfgYZBjgx6_VoLveNWuCndXMUjzv-uLxiKYZJDhZ4g
    West Ham United FC v Blackpool Wembley1

Howard Webb named as Play off Final ref Kevin Friend 4th official, Sian Massey reserve Ref assistant!

Que Sera Sera what ever will be will be we,re going to Wemberly Que Sera Sera
    Npower Championship play-off final

Venue: Wembley
    Date: Saturday, 19 May
    Kick-off: 1500 BST

Coverage: Watch highlights on The Football League Show; listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website

TEAM NEWS

Midfielder Jack Collison has handed West Ham a major fitness boost ahead of the Championship play-off final with Blackpool on Saturday.

The 23-year-old has recovered from the dislocated shoulder he suffered in the semi-final secong leg against Cardiff.

Collison has been a key figure for the Hammers and scored both their goals in the first leg of the semi in Wales.
    Continue reading the main story

“It's a two-horse race. It's not a long race now, just a sprint and we're going to try and dip towards the line”

Blackpool boss Ian Holloway

Both West Ham and Blackpool are aiming for an instant return to the top flight after being relegated in 2011.

The London side go into the game as favourites, having narrowly missed out on automatic promotion on the final day, finishing two points behind second-placed Southampton.

In the regular season, Sam Allardyce's side put eight goals past Blackpool in their two fixtures, beating them 4-0 at Upton Park in October and then 4-1 at Bloomfield Road in February.

Collison's return to fitness means Allardyce has a near full-strength side for the game at Wembley.

"Everyone who has been playing recently is fit, the squad is strong and we just have one final day to select the side," said manager Sam Allardyce.

"It's been a bit of a long wait since we played Cardiff but we are rested, eager and hopefully we can give our best performance of the season.

"We are the favourites with all the pressure on us, so we have to handle that as we have done all season. Hopefully we can deliver and beat Blackpool for third time this season.

"But it won't be easy, we will treat them with the utmost respect and make sure we try to expose the weaknesses they have in their side if we can and as early as we can.

"We've got to live with the pressure to spur us on to give us our best performance. The pressure should bring the best out of us and not be one of those games where we actually freeze on the big stage."

West Ham have been criticised at times this season - most notably by their own supporters - for a perceived lack of attacking verve to their play, while Blackpool have won a host of admirers for their swashbuckling style.
    West Ham & Blackpool in the Championship play-off final

2004: West Ham lose out as Neil Shipperley's goal takes Crystal Palace up to the Premier League.
    2005: A year later, West Ham make amends as Bobby Zamora's goal gives them a 1-0 win over Preston.
    2010: Brett Ormerod's goal proves decisive as Blackpool beat Cardiff 3-2 at Wembley.

However, Seasiders boss Ian Holloway feels such talk of a contrast in style between the side's is unfair on Allardyce's side.

"I think it's unfair on Sam," said Holloway. "I think he's a fantastic manager. Basically, he's brilliant at the important things in the game.

"Sam can play any way, he can play any style. He's just very, very gifted at what he does. He knows what wins."

Blackpool are chasing a second Championship play-off triumph in three seasons after beating Cardiff 3-2 at Wembley two years ago. They reached this year's final courtesy of a narrow two-legged win over Birmingham.

"I really cherish this achievement," said Holloway. "In the league we drew with Birmingham and we lost down there and in the play-off games we beat them here and drew down there. We did it in such a pressure situation as well. I couldn't be prouder."

Blackpool head into the final off the back of nine games without defeat and Holloway has been working on ways to prevent a repeat of his side's league encounters with West Ham this season.

"I've been staring at West Ham, how they beat us twice, come up with one or two things and hopefully we've worked on them," added Holloway.

"It's all down to Saturday, it's all down to the lads, it's all down to the will and sometimes the will is more important than the skill.

"It's a two-horse race. It's not a long race now, just a sprint and we're going to try and dip towards the line."
    MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• This is the 54th competitive meeting in 105 years. West Ham have won 23 of the previous 53, and Blackpool 17.

• The Hammers are seeking a fourth consecutive triumph over Blackpool, having scored a total of 11 goals in winning the last three.

• Sam Allardyce's side did the league double over the Seasiders this term with comprehensive victories; 4-0 at Upton Park in October, and 4-1 at Bloomfield Road in February. Seven different players scored those eight goals, and the London club had goalkeeper Rob Green sent off after 53 minutes in the second game, when the Hammers were 2-1 up.

• It's 41 years since Blackpool last beat West Ham; 4-0 at home in January 1971, in the third round of the FA Cup.

• They have never met in the play-offs.

West Ham United

• The 5-0 aggregate victory over Cardiff in the play-off semi-finals took West Ham's winning sequence to four and unbeaten run to eight (W6, D2). They have lost only one of their last 20, since the start of February.

• They closed the regular season in third place, two points off an automatic promotion spot and suffered the fewest defeats in the division (eight).

• The club finishing immediately outside the top two has been the most successful in the play-offs in the last 20 years, gaining promotion seven times - the most recent being Swansea last season.

• West Ham are hoping to become the 16th club to make an immediate return to the Premier League.

• The Upton Park club are paying their first visit to the new Wembley, and their 10th in total to the hallowed turf. They were last there to pick up League Cup runners-up medals in April 1981, and were last winners there in 1980, when Trevor Brooking's headed goal was sufficient to beat Arsenal 1-0 to win the FA Cup.

• This is only West Ham's third crack at the play-offs. The most recent resulted in promotion to the Premier League, following a 1-0 win over Preston in the final in May 2005 at the Millennium Stadium, through Bobby Zamora's winner.

• Only one of three previous play-off experiences as a manager produced promotion for Sam Allardyce. He took Bolton up to the Premier League in 2001.

Blackpool

• Blackpool's 3-2 aggregate win over Birmingham in the play-off semi-finals took their unbeaten sequence to nine games (W5, D4), a sequence started on 31 March.

• The 2-2 draw at St Andrew's on 9 May was the first time in 11 play-off matches that they had failed to win.

• The only club in play-off history to rise from the fourth to the top tier entirely through this route (between 2001 and 2010), they have not been beaten in these end-of-season mini-tournaments, since the second leg of the Division Two semi-final (third tier), home to Bradford, in May 1996.

• Blackpool ended the regular season two places and 11 points inferior to West Ham. They won four fewer games (20 to 24), lost three more (11 to eight) and scored 79 goals to West Ham's 81.

• The club finishing fifth in the second tier after 46 regular fixtures has gone on to gain promotion to the Premier League through the play-offs six times in the last 20 years.

• This is Blackpool's third visit to the new Wembley, and their eighth overall to Wembley.

• Ian Holloway is fighting his fourth play-off campaign as a manager, and is hoping to win promotion for the second time, after guiding Blackpool to a 3-2 triumph over Cardiff in the Wembley final in May 2010, when Charlie Adam, Gary Taylor-Fletcher and Brett Ormerod were their scorers.

• Blackpool could become only the second club to make an immediate return to the Premier League through the play-offs. Leicester were the first to do so in 1996.

Last edited by Admin on Fri 18 May 2012, 2:57 pm; edited 8 times in total
    Kray_Snr
    Kray_Snr
    Boot Cleaner

West Ham United FC v Blackpool Empty Re: West Ham United FC v Blackpool

Post  Kray_Snr Wed 09 May 2012, 9:43 pm

C.O.Y.I

WH Flag WH Flag WH Flag WH Flag WH Flag WH Flag
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 09 May 2012, 10:29 pm

I prefer Blackpool v West Ham. We are better away from home !!

COYI !!! WH Flag
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 12 May 2012, 10:13 am

Just found out that they will be showing it on the box over here but I,m trying to find a pub in Stockholm to watch it with Swedish Fans . COYI WH Flag

Last edited by Admin on Sat 12 May 2012, 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sat 12 May 2012, 10:51 am

Only one win to go. WH Flag
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Sun 13 May 2012, 9:24 pm

Are you gonna throw any cheese rolls my way Charlie!
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 15 May 2012, 8:17 am

If it goes to penalty,s who would be your five takers?

Nolan
    Noble
    Vad te
    Collison
    Reid

Not that we Will need all five , the first three will be enuff with Rob between the sticks
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Tue 15 May 2012, 8:19 am

It better not go to finguck pens!!
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Tue 15 May 2012, 11:49 am

I think we will beat Blackpool 3-0 ( Vaz Te , Nolan and Cole ) and should it and hope it dont go to penalties then My 5 would be : Noble,Nolan,Vaz Te,Taylor and Cole/Maynard WH Flag
    Bialy kruk
    Bialy kruk
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  Bialy kruk Tue 15 May 2012, 6:08 pm

MATT PHILLIPS has revealed Blackpool’s players are on a £5m bonus to beat West Ham at Wembley on Saturday and return to the Premier League.

Phillips confirmed the money has been put up by chairman Karl Oyston.

“That’s an extra incentive for us,” said Phillips.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They are under pressure now as well
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Tue 15 May 2012, 7:34 pm

Cole should never be allowed to shoot a penalty again! Let's hope it doesn't come to that. Gonna watch it with me Arsenal mates all cheering for West Ham and hoping for many derbys in the seasons to come ..
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Tue 15 May 2012, 8:25 pm

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:Are you gonna throw any cheese rolls my way Charlie!

Where abouts will you be JDLK.

I'm behind the goal, block 133 row 27.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Tue 15 May 2012, 8:26 pm

Admin wrote:If it goes to penalty,s who would be your five takers?

Nolan
    Noble
    Vad te
    Collison
    Reid

Not that we Will need all five , the first three will be enuff with Rob between the sticks

Won't come to penalty's.

We will win this out right. WH Flag
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Tue 15 May 2012, 9:21 pm

Charlie Ham wrote:
    JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:Are you gonna throw any cheese rolls my way Charlie!

Where abouts will you be JDLK.

I'm behind the goal, block 133 row 27.

Close enough, corner flag 129 row 28!
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 16 May 2012, 12:41 pm

10,000 seasiders tickets unsold

Blackpool FC have confirmed that they still have in excess of 10,000 tickets for this weekend's play-off Final available for sale - despite the match being just 72 hours away.

With little more than three days remaining until the big game, the Tangerines have confirmed that as of this morning they had sold a total of 27,624 - leaving in excess of 10,000 up for grabs.

Amongst that number are thought to be several West Ham supporters who were unable to obtain tickets in the home end after the club's allocation was sold out within 20 minutes of reaching general sale on Tuesday morning.

As such, there could be in excess of 40,000 West Ham United supporters at Wembley on Saturday afternoon - possibly the largest single gathering of the club's fans since the FA Cup Final against Arsenal some 32 years ago.

Unfortunately none of the tickets left unsold are likely to be returned to the Football League for distribution amongst United supporters, due to the fact that Blackpool have sold seats in every one of the available blocks.

Despite this, West Ham United co-Chairman David Gold told followers of his Twitter account this morning that more tickets may yet materialise. "We are sold out," said Gold, before adding, "it's still possible that Blackpool might return another 500 in the next day or so."

The FA should force Blackpool to hand them over to us IMO why have them go to waste when we have the fans to fill their half as well West Ham United FC v Blackpool 3725042725
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 16 May 2012, 1:03 pm

Blackpool knew they would not sell 38 thousand tickets, why they didn’t sell them block by block I just don’t know. That way all unsold ticket could be returned for sale to other fans. Of course the last thing Blackpool would want is a stadium with only 28 thousand of their fans compared to 48 thousand cockney bastards.

Instead what they will end up with a Blackpool end only 60% full, which will look rather pathetic. Our end on the other hand will be magnificent.
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Wed 16 May 2012, 1:08 pm

Madness to do so-opposing fans have to segregated because they can't be trusted unfortunately.

Met wouldn't allow it, the Hooligan Task Force would have a fit. We all know 90% would behave but it only takes a few to ruin and cause havoc.

I do think Wembley do the split wrong. Divide is over the halfway line where people want to sit. It should be goal to goal and only fill goal blocks right at the end when segregation can be flexible and decided nearer the day. But logistics would be a nightmare.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 16 May 2012, 1:29 pm

I think they should sell from behind the goal, and then go up and out. That way the sections were the two sets of fans meet can be a ‘neutral zone’. The neutral zone can be moveable depending how many tickets either club manage to sell.

To be honest they should allocate to each club what their maximum attendance is, then if the clubs sell out and want more they can ask.

West Ham: Average 30,923 / maximum 35,000 attendance
    Blackpool: Average 12,764 / maximum 14,141 attendance
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Wed 16 May 2012, 1:34 pm

Well t'is done now. Lucky to get as many-FA Cup final teams don't get anywhere near half tickets.

If I don't get mine in the post I wont be going either!
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 16 May 2012, 5:25 pm

Some results coming in fro my questions on the Donker Bonkers Chat Forum .I,ll post them as the come

seasider
    Welcome Geezer.

Mr DD has admitted it was hoax but it's given our new forum some publicity so every cloud...

Vaz Te will be the main threat without a doubt and on form Carlton Cole will be a handful. Also, Nolan always seems to crop up in the right places which is another worry.

tangerine77
    Ince and Phillips could be the difference between the sides, gonna be a lot closer than the last 2 games, its practically a different Blackpool side. 2-1 to the Pool obviously

Cheesyleps
    Nolan, Vaz Te and Cole. I suspect that is hardly earth-shattering news to you guys, we have consistently struggled to deal with teams that attempt to out-muscle us this season.

Our major threats? Dobbie, Ince and Matty "jock" Phillips are the obvious answers; the less obvious is Angel Martinez. Has taken on the "steering-wheel" role of late and does it with typical Spanish flair. Kick him out of the game and you win. Let him play and it could be a different story.

Our views on Sam are probably quite predictable. He won no friends in his time here, but he is nothing if not efficient at Championship/Lower-Prem level. I suspect Sam will pack the midfield and play a lone striker. We were incredibly vulnerable on the counter-attack last time we played, but our defence has since improved dramatically.

I think it will be a surprisingly cagey match. 1-1 AET, Blackpool on penalties.

BFCx3
    To be honest with you I don't really know any of the West Ham players and so wouldn't be able to say who was going to be the most threatening to us.

I do know your manager and whilst I thought he played some decent football whilst at Blackpool, he did end up bottling the Play Offs. Most o us think he's a fat headed twat these days though and although his teams always seem to beat us, we generally agree that we wouldn't like to watch that crap every week, even if it does get results.

Ian Holloway is a decent manager and probably gets too much attention or being a clown rather than a decent manager, but at the minute Fat Sam seems to have it over him on the tactics front.

We have Ince and Phillips who are fast, skilful and well up for it, but you lot will probably just knock them off the ball, kick them and generally put them of their game and both are pretty lightweight...Phillips moreso than Ince and he's the bigger of the pair.

Final Score 1-0 to the Hammers and possibly the most dull game in the Championship this season. Loads of falling about, play acting niggly dirty challenges.

LeicesterTangerine
    West Ham United - Threats:

3 is the magic number and no that's not me saying that I'm scared of George McCartney! I feel the three we should keep close tabs on are; Ricardo Vaz Te, Kevin Nolan and Jack Collison, should the latter be fit and available after a dislocated shoulder last week. Eardley will have to be on his toes to stop the tricky Vaz Te and it's important that Martinez and Ferguson don't let Nolan/Collison roam to far.

Blackpool FC - Threats:

We're quite the attacking force, although you wouldn't think that after seeing our meetings this season. Thomas Ince and Matt Phillips offer pace and trickery on either wing whilst Gary Taylor-Fletcher and Dobbie will provide neat control and good link up play. All 4 are very capable of grabbing a goal. A small mention of Super Kevin Phillips who will probably start from the bench but I'm sure will feature at some stage.

The Managers - Thoughts:

Will start with Holloway, sorry Sir Ian Holloway. Keeping it nice and short he's bloody brilliant.

Big Sam! He's the type of manager you just know will get results and someone who if he was in charge of Blackburn/Bolton this season, would have kept them up. Been around for a long time and knows the English game.

Final Prediction:

Heart over head; 3-1 Blackpool.

Head over heart; 2-1 West Ham.
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Wed 16 May 2012, 5:38 pm

I looked on that website about a week ago.before the semi. They were worried Ince would get abuse as he is son of Judas!
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Wed 16 May 2012, 6:26 pm

Admin wrote:Some results coming in fro my questions on the Donker Bonkers Chat Forum .I,ll post them as the come

seasider
    Welcome Geezer.

Mr DD has admitted it was hoax but it's given our new forum some publicity so every cloud...

Vaz Te will be the main threat without a doubt and on form Carlton Cole will be a handful. Also, Nolan always seems to crop up in the right places which is another worry.

tangerine77
    Ince and Phillips could be the difference between the sides, gonna be a lot closer than the last 2 games, its practically a different Blackpool side. 2-1 to the Pool obviously

Cheesyleps
    Nolan, Vaz Te and Cole. I suspect that is hardly earth-shattering news to you guys, we have consistently struggled to deal with teams that attempt to out-muscle us this season.

Our major threats? Dobbie, Ince and Matty "jock" Phillips are the obvious answers; the less obvious is Angel Martinez. Has taken on the "steering-wheel" role of late and does it with typical Spanish flair. Kick him out of the game and you win. Let him play and it could be a different story.

Our views on Sam are probably quite predictable. He won no friends in his time here, but he is nothing if not efficient at Championship/Lower-Prem level. I suspect Sam will pack the midfield and play a lone striker. We were incredibly vulnerable on the counter-attack last time we played, but our defence has since improved dramatically.

BFCx3
    To be honest with you I don't really know any of the West Ham players and so wouldn't be able to say who was going to be the most threatening to us.

I do know your manager and whilst I thought he played some decent football whilst at Blackpool, he did end up bottling the Play Offs. Most o us think he's a fat headed twat these days though and although his teams always seem to beat us, we generally agree that we wouldn't like to watch that crap every week, even if it does get results.

Ian Holloway is a decent manager and probably gets too much attention or being a clown rather than a decent manager, but at the minute Fat Sam seems to have it over him on the tactics front.

We have Ince and Phillips who are fast, skilful and well up for it, but you lot will probably just knock them off the ball, kick them and generally put them of their game and both are pretty lightweight...Phillips moreso than Ince and he's the bigger of the pair.

Final Score 1-0 to the Hammers and possibly the most dull game in the Championship this season. Loads of falling about, play acting niggly dirty challenges.

LeicesterTangerine

3 is the magic number and no that's not me saying that I'm scared of George McCartney! I feel the three we should keep close tabs on are; Ricardo Vaz Te, Kevin Nolan and Jack Collison, should the latter be fit and available after a dislocated shoulder last week. Eardley will have to be on his toes to stop the tricky Vaz Te and it's important that Martinez and Ferguson don't let Nolan/Collison roam to far.

Blackpool FC - Threats:

We're quite the attacking force, although you wouldn't think that after seeing our meetings this season. Thomas Ince and Matt Phillips offer pace and trickery on either wing whilst Gary Taylor-Fletcher and Dobbie will provide neat control and good link up play. All 4 are very capable of grabbing a goal. A small mention of Super Kevin Phillips who will probably start from the bench but I'm sure will feature at some stage.

The Managers - Thoughts:

Will start with Holloway, sorry Sir Ian Holloway. Keeping it nice and short he's bloody brilliant.

Big Sam! He's the type of manager you just know will get results and someone who if he was in charge of Blackburn/Bolton this season, would have kept them up. Been around for a long time and knows the English game.

Final Prediction:

I have notice young Geezer that you have been playing with the Blackpool fans.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 16 May 2012, 6:35 pm

Charlie Ham wrote:
    Admin wrote:Some results coming in fro my questions on the Donker Bonkers Chat Forum .I,ll post them as the come

seasider
    Welcome Geezer.

tangerine77

Cheesyleps

BFCx3

LeicesterTangerine

Blackpool FC - Threats:

The Managers - Thoughts:

Final Prediction:

They started it Chas , honest Guv tramp
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Wed 16 May 2012, 8:23 pm

Admin wrote:
    Charlie Ham wrote:

seasider
    Welcome Geezer.

tangerine77

Cheesyleps

BFCx3

LeicesterTangerine

Blackpool FC - Threats:

The Managers - Thoughts:

Final Prediction:

They started it Chas , honest Guv tramp

Laughing
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 16 May 2012, 9:01 pm

Admin wrote:10,000 seasiders tickets unsold

Blackpool FC have confirmed that they still have in excess of 10,000 tickets for this weekend's play-off Final available for sale - despite the match being just 72 hours away.

The FA should force Blackpool to hand them over to us IMO why have them go to waste when we have the fans to fill their half as well West Ham United FC v Blackpool 3725042725

forget handing the tickets over to us... can't the FA just give us the win cos clearly even the Blackpool fans themselves don't give a shit about their team possibly getting back in the prem...

cheapskate northern fuckers

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 12:38 pm