West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+4
Campo
Admin
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Suzanne Claret
8 posters

Euro Squad

Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Euro Squad Empty Euro Squad

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 16 May 2012, 1:45 pm

Same shite - different day.

England squad for Euro 2012:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Man City), Rob Green (West Ham), John Ruddy (Norwich)

Defenders: Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Man United), John Terry (Chelsea), Joleon Lescott (Man City), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton)

Midfielders: Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Stewart Downing (Liverpool)WTF , Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Gareth Barry (Man City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Scott Parker (Tottenham), Ashley Young (Man United), James Milner (Man City)

Forwards: Wayne Rooney (Man United), Danny Welbeck (Man United), Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham)

On standby:
    Birmingham keeper Jack Butland, Adam Johnson, Daniel Sturridge, Phil Jagielka and Jordan Henderson.

clap for Greeno though
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Euro Squad Empty Re: Euro Squad

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Wed 16 May 2012, 2:24 pm

Hadn't seen the Stand by's so even more surprised not to see Foster there, seeing as Woy had him all season.

Downing goes as only left foot available. Wish Terry had been axed, short, sharp and decisive and shown the way for the next generation.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 16 May 2012, 3:55 pm

What Suz says . Same shite - different day.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 16 May 2012, 4:03 pm

well that is my interest in the Euros snuffed out already
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Wed 16 May 2012, 4:13 pm

Hardly controversial is it though? Those players bar a few would be in most peoples squads. It's personal choice and sometimes it's heavy on the personal rather than ability (Terry, Lampard etc).

No great surprises except Ruddy (and as 3rd choice he is going for future experience) and perhaps Ox-Cham but for the same reasons. Carroll has made it on recent form and is the Crouch alternative-I would have taken Crouch though never a bad performer for England.

40 odd names would come up across a wide selection of chooses, but Woy is the important one. Question is, will Ggggerrard hold the dressing room and not Terry?
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 16 May 2012, 4:28 pm

Terry should,nt be anywhere near an England shirt ever again . I am so sick of his antics that he gets away with time and time again . England needs a big shake up IMO instead of going with the same old same old , how many years is it now that we have seen this squad or 80% of this squad and what have they achieved ?
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 16 May 2012, 4:46 pm

From Sky

Roy Hodgson has confirmed Steven Gerrard will be England's captain at the finals of Euro 2012.

The Liverpool skipper, who briefly worked under his new international boss at Anfield between July 2010 and January 2011, will regain the armband having led his country at the 2010 World Cup.

John Terry had returned to the role as captain under Fabio Capello after the finals in South Africa two years ago, having previously lost the role as a result of revelations about his personal life.

But the Chelsea defender was in February of this year again stripped of the captaincy by the Football Association after being charged with alleged racial abuse of Queens Park Rangers defender Anton Ferdinand. Terry has always denied all allegations.

Gerrard was subsequently overlooked as captain by interim boss Stuart Pearce, who took charge against Holland after Capello had resigned over a row with the FA regarding the second Terry saga, in favour of Scott Parker.

Euro 2012 squad announced
    No doubts

But Hodgson has no doubts the Liverpool star will prove a perfect captain at Euro 2012, when England will face France, Sweden and Ukraine in Group D in June.

"In my opinion, he is the man who merits this award or distinction," Hodgson said at a media conference on Wednesday that was broadcast live on Sky Sports News HD.

"I know him, of course, as a player. I know him as a person. I know how committed he is to the England cause.

"He was delighted last night when I told him of my decision.

"I will be counting on him to help me as much as he possibly can to build the type of team unity and the type of environment that I think is going to be very necessary for us to thrive in an important tournament."

Terry was named in Hodgson's squad, while another former England captain, Rio Ferdinand, brother of Anton, was left out.
    Footballing reasons

It had been speculated whether Terry and Rio Ferdinand could be members of the same squad given their obvious personal differences, but Hodgson has insisted the decision is based on footballing reasons.

England have also revised their plans for next week, with Hodgson scrapping a planned training camp in Spain.

Instead, the Three Lions will meet up in Manchester on Wednesday evening before flying to Norway on Friday for their friendly in Oslo.

Seven days after that, England face Belgium at Wembley - although John Ruddy will be missing, having been given special dispensation to leave the squad by Hodgson as he will get married on 2nd June.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Thu 17 May 2012, 8:14 am

No Carrick, thats a surprise to me. Well done to GREENO!
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 17 May 2012, 8:32 am

When Roy got the job I did think, just for a while, that it would make it less hard to support the England squad, but with that line-up it doesn’t. I know with limited time before the tournament he couldn’t make sweeping changes but that squad shows little or no imagination.

#disappointed
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 17 May 2012, 11:39 am

Hmmmmm. Woy is obviously not a new broom sweeping clean .... bit of a mangy old feather duster? confu
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Thu 17 May 2012, 7:43 pm

Getting pissed off with hearing Greeno is rubbish he shouldnt be there, I cant wait for Hart to fcuk up just to see what reaction that gets.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 17 May 2012, 8:18 pm

They all fcuk up at some point , Hart is next . You heard it here 1st **** cheesey grin
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Thu 17 May 2012, 9:05 pm

The point is that Green did majorly fcuk up but that was 2 seasons ago and since has been, arguably the busiest keeper and most consistent-that's why he is still there. Form, performance week in, week out. I don't want to see Hart fcuk up in an England shirt it affects everyone not just the man.

Rob has shown amazing loyalty by sticking with us-he didn't have to as I am sure the books would have benefitted in the short term. Hodgson is no fool and knows he is a very very good back up (perching right on Hart's shoulder ) and also the only English keeper available with proven experience. Kirkland and Robinson the others but not been England squads in the last few years.

Hard to choose between Green and Hart (without letting the heart rule) but we are supposedly wanting this to be a new broom with a future in mind right now Hart is that future. Ruddy and But land too if they carry on.

Robinson fell to pieces after some howlers when he seemed the future, meaning we had to step back to Calamity. Green held his head high and has shown all though he will always carry that albatross though from South Africa.
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Thu 17 May 2012, 9:16 pm

I hope the Ukrainian/Polish police will hit hard on vuvuzela carriers!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 10:21 pm