West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

3 posters

Hillsborough 22 yrs today

Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Hillsborough 22 yrs today Empty Hillsborough 22 yrs today

Post  Geezer Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:49 am

It is the 22nd anniversary of Hillsborough today.

24,000 Liverpool fans made their way to the FA Cup Semi Final at Hillsborough against Brian Clough's Nottingham Forest and 96 of them never made it home.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Hillsborough 22 yrs today Empty Re: Hillsborough 22 yrs today

Post  manurewa hammer Fri 15 Apr 2011, 7:59 am

As he bows his head. sad.
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Fri 15 Apr 2011, 8:32 am

That really does age me. Hillsborough is one of those 'can you remember what were you doing when' days for me. I still remember that day clearly. I remember having my haircut in the usual barber's (not necessary these days!) with the build up to the game on the radio. Few minutes in the commentator said there were disturbances & someone in there said 'Bloody scousers'. i left before the full news was out, bought some somosas on the way home, turned on the tv to see it unfold.

In the evening I went up to meet my then girlfriend in Hatfield, I remember getting on the train at Finsbury Park to find a load of Gooners celebrating a home win (over chelsea I think). They were still in with a title chance (I think they won it at Anfield? the famous win?) & were celebrating noisily. Someone asked them if they knew what had happened & they didn't, so it all went quiet. Thw whole atmosphere in England that weekend was surreal.

Then I remember us playing millwall (a week later?) & them disrupting the minutes silence - typical pikey scum.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 2:27 pm