West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+4
Campo
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Arran H
Kray JR
8 posters

Mark Noble......

Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Mark Noble...... Empty Mark Noble......

Post  Kray JR Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

WEST HAM CAGEY ON MARK NOBLE CONTRACT

22nd July 2012

By Daily Star Reporter

WEST Ham are playing hardball with inspirational midfield star Mark Noble, 25, over his new contract.

Noble has just one season left on his current deal and is eager to sign a long-term extension to the club he has served for his entire career.

He has been a key player in their return to the top flight, taking over the leader’s role after Scott Parker moved to Spurs.

Hammers are delaying any more talks until the season is well under way as they put the pressure on one of their stars.

A club insider said: “The signing of Mohamed Diame from Wigan is going to increase the competition in midfield. Let’s see how Noble reacts to that. That will be pivotal in whether he gets a new deal or not.”
    Arran H
    Reserves

Mark Noble...... Empty Re: Mark Noble......

Post  Arran H Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:59 am

angry2 FFS We just let Green go because we didnt give him what he wanted now it seems they are determine to lose finguck Noble in the same way !! FFS SAS GIVE NOBLE WHAT HE WANTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Sun 22 Jul 2012, 2:19 pm

Inclined to agree with the reported story. We have seen Noble in the Prem, and with all the best intentions if we have ambitions then he is going to slip further down IF the club continue to improve. Unfortunately his advisors will not be looking for a deal in parity to his current but probably doubling his weekly wage on a 5 year contract.

I do not believe our management team will be held to ransom over any player-a strength to be commended rather than berided, when considering the long term goals and aims of the club. Could you see Mark Noble being pivotal in 3 years as we enter European football (dream a bit) I can't-he'd be squad at best on first team wages. We need to be realistic-fortunately I believe our owners, and manager are.

Offer him a good deal by all means but not good enough to break the bank for.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 22 Jul 2012, 4:09 pm

its from the Daily Star

huge pinch of salt required
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Sun 22 Jul 2012, 6:57 pm

Noble is no world class player, but we have no world class team either. It is way too soon to let him go, there is the loyalty and there is the 90% penalty taker skill and he offers a lot to the team. Until we are firmly in the top 10, we should keep him imo.
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:54 pm

I like Mark Noble. He gives 100%,and he's 100% West Ham, and that's a refreshing change from some who have pulled on the shirt in recent times. But with the best will in the world he's not a superstar footballer, whatever his agents like to make out, and he's not going to get a blank cheque from the club.The management will make a sensible, level-headed assessment of what they can offer him, because they are a sensible and level-headed management,and then his agents will tell him he's worth twice that and do their best to get him to move - because they will make more money out of it. Then it's up to Mark. Club loyalty is such a rarity nowadays because agents cream off so much from the transfer merry-go-round - they don't give a shit if their man plays for West Ham, Spartak Moscow or Elgin Athletic.
    What will be will be, but I fear he'll be talked out of staying, which would be sad.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 23 Jul 2012, 8:41 am

We demand loyalty from our players and if we don’t get it we are up in arms, screaming Judas at every available opportunity. Even now Paul Ince can’t show his face in east London. Yet it would appear that some are quite happy not to renew Mark Noble’s contract, he has been nothing but a loyal servant for West Ham, he deserves a new contact, to play in the premiership with a decent manager and a decent squad.

Shame on you nope
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:52 am

Suzanne Claret wrote:We demand loyalty from our players and if we don’t get it we are up in arms, screaming Judas at every available opportunity. Even now Paul Ince can’t show his face in east London. Yet it would appear that some are quite happy not to renew Mark Noble’s contract, he has been nothing but a loyal servant for West Ham, he deserves a new contact, to play in the premiership with a decent manager and a decent squad.

Shame on you nope

Fans really appreciate and respect loyalty, no argument, and I would like to see Mark Noble stay with us and reach the very best level of performance that he can - I would love it if he played out of his skin every season and was a shoe-in for Player of the Year. But contract negotiations are between the club management, where club loyalty is not top of the agenda, and the player's management, where club loyalty is just a bargaining chip - it's all very hard-nosed and unemotional, and delaying contract talks is just a ploy. If it was just Mark sat opposite the two Daves and Brady that would be different, but he has agents to play this game for him. My point is that those agents are naturally looking for the situation that pays them best, whatever the player's loyalties might be - that's just the way of the world.
    Personally I believe that ALL top level players are now massively overpaid, and a large chunk of that money is being creamed off by hangers-on who put nothing into the game. I hope and expect our management will resist further escalation of player's costs as far as they possibly can - this is a large part of what has given us a massive debt millstone. So for me at least - nobody gets told " We must keep you, name your price."

Last edited by SemiOldIron on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : punctuation)
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:32 pm

It is the attitude of some fans SOI that I am less than happy with, I fully except that the parasitic agents are all over this like a rash…
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 23 Jul 2012, 4:38 pm

if the report is true
    I can see 2 things happening... Noble will change agents, probably to a cetain one now used by Tomka, BS and Nolan
    then secondly a new contract will apear and be signed sealed and delivered within days
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Mon 23 Jul 2012, 7:51 pm

Sod the agents!!! I hope it all works out for Mark and the club.

Not only is he home grown, but the last two seasons he has matured as a footballer, and played his best stuff ever. I really don't think I could bear to see him giving his peak years to another club. hugsmiley

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 9:01 am