West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

2 posters

Dev Squad to play Dev's Squad. Friendly 10th Sept

JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Dev Squad to play Dev's Squad. Friendly 10th Sept Empty Dev Squad to play Dev's Squad. Friendly 10th Sept

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Fri 07 Sep 2012, 6:40 pm

From Offish

West Ham United 's Development Squad will face Alan Devonshire's Braintree Town in a friendly on Monday evening.

Ian Hendon's side will make the short trip to Essex to face the Blue Square Bet Premier team at Cressing Road Stadium, with kick-off at 7.45pm.

The Development Squad have made an encouraging start to the 2012/13 season, winning two of their opening three Barclays U21 Premier League matches.

Braintree, meanwhile, go into the weekend eleventh in the Blue Square Bet Premier table and on a three-match unbeaten run. After defeating Woking and Tamworth and drawing with Kidderminster Harriers in their previous three league matches, the Iron travel to Macclesfield Town on Saturday.

Former Hammers and England midfielder Devonshire has been a revelation since taking charge at Braintree in the summer of 2011. Last season, despite working with one of the smallest budgets in the division, the Essex club finished 12th in the table.

West Ham's squad for the game is expected to feature senior players in need of game-time and a host of young professionals, including recent first-team debutants George Moncur and Matthias Fanimo. One-time Braintree loanee Dominic Vose could also be involved.

Monday's game will not be all ticket. Tickets will not be available for sale prior to the game and spectators should pay at turnstiles 1-4, with all Adult tickets priced £10, OAP/Under-16s tickets priced £5 and Under-11s tickets priced £3.

Limited parking is available at the ground. priced at £2 per car, with no vehicles allowed entry into the car park after 6.30pm to avoid congestion.

For directions to Cressing Road Stadium, click here .

For further information, please contact Braintree Town FC on 01376 345617.

I should be going to this as it is just round the corner from my ma's and I used to train with the Under 18's back in the dark ages!
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Dev Squad to play Dev's Squad. Friendly 10th Sept Empty Re: Dev Squad to play Dev's Squad. Friendly 10th Sept

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Tue 11 Sep 2012, 8:50 am

I went, we were dreadful. We were 4 - 0 down at half time then halfway through the 2nd half the lights went out and the match was abandoned!
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Dev Squad to play Dev's Squad. Friendly 10th Sept Empty Re: Dev Squad to play Dev's Squad. Friendly 10th Sept

Post  Nicki Tue 11 Sep 2012, 12:42 pm

Sam sneak in and turn them off?
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Tue 11 Sep 2012, 1:20 pm

I did see a dirty white van with some dodgy looking Sparky heading towards Basil Don as we left the ground.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 8:25 pm