West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

5 posters

Price of Football: Survey of 166 British clubs revealed

daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Price of Football: Survey of 166 British clubs revealed Empty Price of Football: Survey of 166 British clubs revealed

Post  daib0 Thu 18 Oct 2012, 7:05 pm

A most interesting survey has appeared on BBC Sport today – these are some of the key elements. Comments, please in the thread!

The average cost of the cheapest adult ticket in the top four divisions of English football has risen by 11.7% - more than five times the rate of inflation.
    The BBC Sport Price of Football survey found that the average price of the most affordable ticket in league football has gone from £19.01 to £21.24 in the past 12 months.
    The survey looked at 166 clubs in 10 divisions across British football, including the Blue Square Bet Premier and Women's Super League.

The figures show:
    • Only two out of 92 English league clubs offer a day out for less than £20 this season. Last year it was 12.
    • In Scotland, 21 of the 42 teams across four divisions offer a day out for less than £20.
    • The most expensive adult matchday ticket is Arsenal at £126 and the cheapest £6 at Montrose.
    • Arsenal also have the most expensive season ticket at £1,955, while Montrose's was the lowest at £90.
    • In the Women's Super League, matchday adult tickets range from £4-£6, with season ticket prices between £22-£40.
    • The most expensive tea in British football can be found in Manchester, where both City and United charge £2.50. The cheapest costs 50p at Alloa and Brechin in Scottish Division Two.
    • Kidderminster, in the Blue Square Bet Premier, charge the most for a pie at £4, while the cheapest is in Scotland, where Alloa, Albion and Forfar charge just £1.
    • Leeds United sell the most expensive programme in Britain at £4, while Inverness CT's is the cheapest at 50p.

Arsenal's cheapest day out (£34.30) comes in exactly £100 cheaper but it is Newcastle who offer the Premier League's best value day out, with a ticket, programme, pie and cup of tea coming in at £23. Arsenal once again come out on top with their cheapest season ticket (£985) costing more than all but three of their Premier League rivals' most expensive equivalent.

Wigan offer the Premier League's cheapest season ticket (£255) with Manchester City (£275) close behind. Scottish third division side Montrose offer the cheapest season ticket at £90.

Kidderminster Harriers, of the Blue Square Bet Premier, sell the most expensive pie in British football at £4, although the club says the product is a large, homemade cottage pie.

Full report: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Price of Football: Survey of 166 British clubs revealed Empty Re: Price of Football: Survey of 166 British clubs revealed

Post  Campo Fri 19 Oct 2012, 8:26 am

Its £12 just to get into a Blue square south game now
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Price of Football: Survey of 166 British clubs revealed Empty Re: Price of Football: Survey of 166 British clubs revealed

Post  daib0 Fri 19 Oct 2012, 11:36 am

Just found this which is even better, an exact price list for EACH premier club on every aspect. Not many people seem to have seen it yet, got a bit covered up! -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 Fri 19 Oct 2012, 5:50 pm

Can Man City cover all of their overheads by charging £275 for a season ticket? To go and see the premier league champions for £14.47 a game seems like a bargain to me!!!!!! (although I can only imagine this is a kids or concession ticket!) especially considering Man Utd's cheapest season ticket is £532!!! I love how spurs are ripping their fans off though lol! £730 for their CHEAPEST season ticket!!!!

Very interesting read to show just how much clubs are ripping their fans off......I don't go to games now just because it's getting ridiculously pricey for someone who doesn't live in the area to have a day out!
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Fri 19 Oct 2012, 7:12 pm

Stooby Doo 2002 wrote:Can Man City cover all of their overheads by charging £275 for a season ticket? To go and see the premier league champions for £14.47 a game seems like a bargain to me!!!!!! (although I can only imagine this is a kids or concession ticket!) especially considering Man Utd's cheapest season ticket is £532!!! I love how spurs are ripping their fans off though lol! £730 for their CHEAPEST season ticket!!!!

Very interesting read to show just how much clubs are ripping their fans off......I don't go to games now just because it's getting ridiculously pricey for someone who doesn't live in the area to have a day out!

Yep, maybe it's exactly to compete with United at the present time that they've done this, and will forget about cheaper policies if they stay a number of seasons in the big 4/5?
    But on the other hand, if you look at the fan base of the two Manchester clubs as a generalization, then City have a far higher proportion of fans from the Greater Manchester area itself, whereas United have a 'national' base, their fans often coming from far away to see games so once they're paying for a big day out a few more pounds here or there won't deter them.
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Sat 20 Oct 2012, 7:29 am

too finguck expensive to watch footie anywhere these days
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 20 Oct 2012, 9:52 am

Stooby Doo 2002 wrote:

Hence why i get a Basingstoke season ticket... for the same price as it would cost me for 2 games incl travel at West Ham
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Sat 20 Oct 2012, 10:12 am

Campo wrote:
    Stooby Doo 2002 wrote:

Hence why i get a Basingstoke season ticket... for the same price as it would cost me for 2 games incl travel at West Ham

you should look in occasionally on Royals Rendezvous, ha-ha, we've got a few members down your way! (and even got a 'local issues' section)
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 20 Oct 2012, 10:25 am

Disturbing to see just how far up the "table" we are for cheapest day out. And poor old Wigwam - cheapest by a country mile and still nobody turns up. Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024, 4:34 pm