West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+10
RichB
Campo
Jiggs
Kippax Cat
Arran H
SemiOldIron
Charlie Ham
Dan C
mottinghammer
Admin
14 posters

West Ham United FC v Man City

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

West Ham United FC v Man City - Page 2 Empty Re: West Ham United FC v Man City

Post  Jiggs Sat 03 Nov 2012, 7:28 pm

Such resilience! Great point for East-East-East London clap
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 03 Nov 2012, 7:34 pm

That was our game , if it was,nt for the lino with the dawg and white stick , we won that . proud of you West ham
    Kippax Cat
    Kippax Cat
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  Kippax Cat Sat 03 Nov 2012, 7:36 pm

Admin wrote:
    RichB wrote:
    Admin wrote:Thanks Carlos
    Why? Has he scroed an OG already?
    No he just seems to be helping us without making it look obvious.
    COYFI

Funny that, I thought the same. Glad to see the back of him if I'm honest. I'd have swapped him for Sergio at HT.

Unlucky with the disallowed goal. Given that we didn't look like we would score if we'd played until Xmas, I'll take the point ta.

It's about time last season's City showed up cos I'm getting mightily pissed off with this lack-lustre lot!
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 03 Nov 2012, 7:46 pm

Maybe we can have him back home in Jan , I,m sure he would agree to the swap
    Chas Hammer
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Chas Hammer Sat 03 Nov 2012, 7:57 pm

Apart from the duff decision on the off side, all in all a good game. The lads are fighting up to the last min and it was a very entertaining, if stressful, game. Can't go on rtanting about bad line calls as the result stands despite what happens after the powers that be analyse the decision and wrap the lines man over the knuckles behind close doors.
    All in all a proud day for the Hammers. We will take yhem on their own ground next time round.

COYI!

P.S. The result buggered my Predictor up good and proper! Sad
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Sat 03 Nov 2012, 8:04 pm

Happy with a point. Had to withstand some pressure in the 2nd but came through fairly unscathed. Had some good chances ourselves. AC's overhead kick would have been a cracking goal. Thought Jarvis had his best spell for us in the 2nd when he started taking people on but he should have gone straight at the defence in the first when he was free with no-one to pass to. Gone for a pen. Also thought Yossi was great today. Creative when he could be but always trying to win the ball otherwise.

Didn't understand why Sam took AC off. He looked on fire to me, wasn't tiring & I thought he was going to get a goal. As for the offside goal - either the lino didn't want to make a decision so early or the fact Nolan was on the lino's side of the pitch affected things. Did anyone else think City's choice of strip played a role? Difficult to see tight decisions at night when 1 side is wearing black I think?

City aren't the free flowing team they were last season but still have some skilful players & are a strong muscular side - & we matched them there.
    Kippax Cat
    Kippax Cat
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  Kippax Cat Sat 03 Nov 2012, 8:47 pm

Chas Hammer wrote: We will take yhem on their own ground next time round.

No yer won't. Wink
    Cochese
    Cochese
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Cochese Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:34 pm

I'll take a point off either Manc scum any week.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:56 pm

I thought our back four and Jussi were outstanding today. Also Yossi.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sun 04 Nov 2012, 9:36 am

Big Sam after the game

Sam Allardyce congratulated his West Ham United players on following their game-plan to the letter in Saturday's goalless home draw with Barclays Premier League champions Manchester City.

The Hammers were well-organised and defended from the front against Roberto Mancini's side. Every player did their job perfectly, keeping the expensively-assembled visitors at bay with a resolute and resilient display.

Indeed, had Kevin Nolan's early goal not been wrongly ruled out for offside, Big Sam could even have been celebrating a famous victory. Yossi Benayoun hit the crossbar, while Andy Carroll came agonisingly close to opening his account in a claret and blue shirt.

"I think tactically we were very good," the manager told West Ham TV. "You have to earn the right to play in this league, no matter who you are, and I think that the first thing was to stop Manchester City doing what they wanted to do and, from there, use our possession correctly.

"We didn't use our possession quite as well in the second half as we did in the first but we caused them real problems - Yossi's volley hit the bar, Andy's shot just went wide of the post and we scored a goal that wasn't a goal that we'll all unfortunately be talking about for a day or two. The assistant should have kept his flag down but instead he put it up.

"We then produced some last-ditch defending when it was needed in the second half, either by the goalie or the back four. We had the odd break-out and Andy's overhead kick looked goalbound until it hit one of their defenders on the back. Andy also had a side-footer from Matt Jarvis's cross that he'll be disappointed with. They might have been against the run of play, but that's what you do because Man City threw more and more men forward because they wanted to win and they left more and more gaps that we exploited but unfortunately we couldn't turn them into a goal.

"It is very satisfying, particularly after last week [at Wigan]. We've played ten games and got fifteen points and we're right in the top half of the Premier League. There are about five or six of us who have got fifteen points. There's a massive credit to the players for that performance that they gave against the champions of the Barclays Premier League."

Keeping a clean sheet for the first time in six league matches was perhaps the most pleasing thing for Big Sam, whose players kept out an attack comprising Mario Balotelli, Edin Dzeko and former Hammer Carlos Tevez, as well as second-half substitute Sergio Aguero.

The only negative news came in the shape of injuries suffered by James Collins and James Tomkins which could put their appearance at Newcastle United next Sunday in jeopardy.

"We haven't had a clean sheet for a while so that's another plus and another bonus. We have to make up the points we lost at Wigan and we had to do it against the champions. We have done that and nicked one point back that nobody expected, so that's really good.

"We've got to go on from here now. The disappointing thing for us, other than the disallowed goal, was that James Collins picked up a hamstring injury and James Tomkins did a little bit of a groin on Friday. Thank goodness for Joey O'Brien because I thought he did great coming back in. Numbers are becoming a big, big problem for us, so we have to get these players fit and back in the squad as quickly as possible.

"Ricardo Vaz Te is coming along well but it will be ten or twelve weeks in total. If it's any sooner than that like it was with Andy's hamstring, but we've got to get him right. Guy Demel starts training this week so that might be important to us, and hopefully Tomkins and Collins are not too bad when we have them in on Sunday and see what they're like.

"Going to Newcastle is going to be a big occasion for Kevin Nolan and Andy and we want to give our best performance, not just for us but for them going back to St James' Park."

Should of had all 3 pints , stupid decision from the blind man running the line . Happy with the effort put in by the lads , bring on the barcodes. COYI
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 04 Nov 2012, 3:03 pm

just watching QPR V Reading.. both teams are utter shit , looks like both of these will take the drop , QPR might get away with it if they sack hughes and invest in the next window
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sun 04 Nov 2012, 3:11 pm

Brilliant result in two ways - me and my mate found the only bar in Taipei city showing a recording of the whole match on the big screen, courtesy Of Japan Sports 2. I was proud of the Irons, we matched the most expensive outfit in the league and should have won it but for a half-assed decision - that was definitely a point that I didn't expect. I thought Yossi bust a gut for the team, very impressed with him. The match ststs gave possession 63/37 in favour of the Blue Moonies but I couldn't believe it, that wasn't the match I was watching.
    If anyone finds themselves In Taipei, find the "On Tap" bar, english owner and all Premier League action shown. Good sausage and mash too! Very Happy
    How's this for a mystery - QPR-Reading game was on the next screen, when Reading scored a little Taiwanese bloke jumped up in the air shouting " Yess!!" Reading supporters in Taipei? what's the world coming to??
    scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 6:53 pm