West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+10
RichB
Jiggs
Charlie Ham
Arran H
alfiehammer
Chas Hammer
Campo
Sir Ian
Tony P
Admin
14 posters

West Ham United FC v Everton

RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

West Ham United FC v Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: West Ham United FC v Everton

Post  RichB Sat 22 Dec 2012, 4:03 pm

And we're underway and Gale's still going on about it!!!
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 22 Dec 2012, 4:26 pm

That ref is fucking CUNT !! Never a red card and if hes going to send cole then he should sent anecibe off in the first when did the same to collins ..fucking cunt !!!
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 22 Dec 2012, 4:26 pm

FFS! Another diabolical decision from a referee that will probably cost us 3 points.....

I'm fucked off right now 😠
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Sat 22 Dec 2012, 4:28 pm

Totally inexcusable...
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Sat 22 Dec 2012, 4:42 pm

That was a tame booking by a fussy ref at best. Fucking wanker.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 22 Dec 2012, 5:02 pm

I,m trying to keep this civil and without blasphemy but that ref and his two sidekicks are CUNTS That game was wrecked from the kick off , if that red card rebel gets another game , I,ll shit in my hat and punch it .
    I am so pissed off because the FA can employ a total tosser and put him in charge of a serious game of football , he should,nt be allowed to take charge of a sunday game in Old Dagenham Park . He fucked up the game and he should be punished ,
    . CC hold your head high dude
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 22 Dec 2012, 5:03 pm

Pitiful, pitiful refereeing. And then the twat gives himself no way out of sending off Gibson too for the same situation. I would hope that Moyes and BFS will both appeal those decisions, although I don't hold out much hope of getting either reversed, it will be the same old " must uphold the referee's decision" bollocks. 😠
    So what now? Tonka as emergency front man? is it worth bringing anyone back off loan? Things were bad enough already before that bald twat stuck his oar in - what a prick.
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Sat 22 Dec 2012, 5:17 pm

Agree with both of you guys. My immediate post match reaction on the WHU official fb page:-

"That ref needs to take a look at MotD tonight, apologise to CC & WHU, rescind the red card & resign from the PL referees list. Twat."

The Gibson red was poor too but it didn't cost them as it was too close to the final whistle. We were dealing with a nicely poised game when CC got carded. After that it was almost impossible to keep the ball in their half. The ref won that for them.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 22 Dec 2012, 5:24 pm

I did read the goal he ruled out for them was perfectly legal too? thoughts?

With Man Citys late goal that really wasn't a good day of football
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 22 Dec 2012, 5:27 pm

Gutted.....Carlton gets it together and scores a peach of a goal, despite the injuries we have the rest of the team rally around, defend well, get crosses in and take a few chances.

Enter Anthony Taylor.....WHO?!? You'll know him as the prick who ruined a perfectly good game of football today. The wanker that I believe cost us 3 points. The ladies thing that will probably see Cole missing from our next 3 starting line ups.....I hope they throw the book at him, and in the meantime, that his balls turn square and fester at the corners!

Geeze, your shit in ya hat and punch it did raise a smile from me, a remarkable achievement considering my mood darlin...... It might be better though if ya stuck it on "referee" Taylor's head, and pulled it down over his eyes, just to keep them topped up tantrum tantrum tantrum
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Sat 22 Dec 2012, 5:33 pm

If City keep beating clubs below us they are doing us a favour, Alfie. As long as we can maintain the gap between ourselves & the relegation clubs I'll not be complaining.
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Sat 22 Dec 2012, 5:41 pm

alfiehammer wrote:I did read the goal he ruled out for them was perfectly legal too? thoughts?
    It happens all the time in football but it was obstruction on the goalie. If you do that intentionally you run the risk of the ref pulling it up. It was harsh but bang on technically.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 22 Dec 2012, 5:48 pm

RichB wrote:
    alfiehammer wrote:I did read the goal he ruled out for them was perfectly legal too? thoughts?
    It happens all the time in football but it was obstruction on the goalie. If you do that intentionally you run the risk of the ref pulling it up. It was harsh but bang on technically.

Just a shame he and his merry band of men could,nt get the most important decisions right .
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 22 Dec 2012, 6:11 pm

95 mins - Into added time at the end of added time and West Ham cannot get the ball forward quickly enough. The final whistle is blown and that's it. A home defeat to finish 2012, but one that leaves a sour taste in the mouth. Everton had just equalised before Cole's sending-off, but would they have gone on to win had West Ham kept eleven men on the field? We shall never know.

Got that right angry2
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 22 Dec 2012, 6:36 pm

Big Sam after the game

Sam Allardyce cut a frustrated figure after watching his West Ham United side lose 2-1 to Everton in their final home Barclays Premier League fixture of 2012.

The Hammers looked set to end the year at the Boleyn Ground on a high when Carlton Cole's superb finish sent them in a goal to the good at half-time. However, Victor Anichebe's equaliser was quickly followed by the controversial sending-off of Cole and a fortuitous winning goal scored by Steven Pienaar.

There was still time for Kevin Nolan to miss a late opportunity to equalise and for Everton's Darron Gibson to see red for catching Mark Noble, leading Big Sam to label the second half 'bizarre' and lament what might have been. The manager also confirmed that he intends to appeal against Cole's dismissal.

"We could say it is our fault that we lost the game because of the one Kevin missed at the end, unfortunately, because that would have been a massive bonus for us. We fought and battled to the end, with ten men, so to get a golden chance like that and have it fall to our leading goalscorer, I thought 'Go on Kev make it a pleasant day for us in the end' but unfortunately the shot just went wide of the post instead of going into the net.

"It would have been too late for Everton to have come back [and score a winner] even with eleven men against ten. Then we had the referee sending one of their players off after he had sent Carlton Cole off, so it ended up being a bizarre second half after what was a fantastic first half. We scored a goal and defended as well as we did, but in the end it has all gone pear-shaped.

"We could look at ourselves and say it's all our fault, and that's fair enough, but unfortunately the majority of it isn't because at one-one the referee sent Carlton Cole off. We were all aghast and the whole stadium was shocked by the fact that it was a red card.

"We're all shocked because of the incident after 32 minutes when Anichebe has done almost exactly the same thing Carlton has done on James Collins and nothing has happened. When you see that sort of thing happening in the same game by the referee, it's very disappointing indeed.

"We have to take it on the chin and move on because there is nothing we can do about the result. The most disappointing thing is that if our appeal doesn't work then we will miss Carlton for the Reading match and he's playing very, very well at the minute and he scored a fantastic goal."

Concentrating on the football, Big Sam praised his players for their work-rate and effort against a very good Everton side. With just 16 fit senior players - two of whom have recently returned to training after long periods out injured in Jack Collison and Alou Diarra - available, the manager said it was always going to be a challenge to halt the Toffees.

"Kevin could have got us a point with that chance at the end and that would have ended it as being a good day for us under the circumstances. Even Modibo Maiga could have scored just after he came on when Carlton Cole passed him the ball but unfortunately the deflection went wide of the post - and even then the referee gave a goal kick and not a corner.

"It was a strange second half and if you look at how their second goal was stumbled and bumbled in rather than created by the opposition was again disappointing. I can't blame the lads because they are giving their all.

"Gary O'Neil had to play even though he was not 100 per cent. He came off in training on Friday but then we lost Guy Demel with the vomiting virus on Saturday so he had to go out on the field. He couldn't hold out so we had to change him and we didn't have any other option but to go 4-4-2 and, in the end, that wasn't the main cause of why we lost.

"People should not forget that, even though they were on the bench, they [Collison and Diarra] are not fit to play football. They are not there because they are fit enough to play in our first team - they are there because of the desperate measures we have to resort to. Jack has not kicked a ball apart from 45 minutes in a Development Squad game last week and Alou DIarra has not played a competitive game since injuring his thigh three months ago.

"These players are not able or ready to start in our first team, so we have to get them fit as quick as we can, as well as all the others because if we continue with the injury list we have, we will pay a heavy price. We paid a heavy price on Saturday because, had we had a full squad, we might not have got 2-0 up or maybe taken advantage of having a full squad.

"I give the lad full credit for their efforts but we need variation and options. Without those it becomes difficult, but it was a brilliant effort by the players."
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 22 Dec 2012, 7:42 pm

Well he's summed it up well and honestly as usual. One to forget and hopefully we'll get a few wins soon as we are starting to tail off a bit- down to 12th now.
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 22 Dec 2012, 8:24 pm

alfiehammer wrote:Well he's summed it up well and honestly as usual. One to forget and hopefully we'll get a few wins soon as we are starting to tail off a bit- down to 12th now.

That was inevitable Alfie IMHO, I was amazed that we got as far up the table as we did. Let's hope BFS has got long strong fingernails, we might need them to hold on for the rest of the season.
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Sat 22 Dec 2012, 8:30 pm

Still 8 clear of relegation zone so lucky we got points on the board early on.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 22 Dec 2012, 8:46 pm

well thats true SOI...but a bit more luck and we could have had 6 or even 2 more points against the scousers rather then the 0 we ended up with. I think against Stoke we should have had to more points but then against other teams we arguably over achieved. At this stage of the season im sure we'd all take 12th and 8 points above relegation, but with a bit more luck and a bigger squad it could have been even better
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Sun 23 Dec 2012, 10:36 am

For me the important period comes directly after Christmas when we start meeting lower half clubs or teams we should be fancying ourselves against. We have to maintain our distance at least & not lose too many points over the first month. It would be far to easy to get dragged in without realising it is happening. It's difficult to see all but 2 of the teams below us making a break for it but you never know.

I think when you go back to before the Newcastle match it was difficult to see where points were going to come from before Christmas but we surprised ourselves. However that success has led us to look at the scouse (x2) & stoke matches differently - matches we feel we have now lost points in. We should have at least 4 more on board I reckon.

One of the most psychological things for me is I usually see the table on Sky News where they do top 10 & bottom 10 & when you are in the bottom 10 you automatically start looking down. A bad set of results for us on Boxing day could, without playing, drag us closer, & a game in hand away to Arsenal is no security, so I'm hoping for the lower clubs to drop points & for Sam to get some support for some reinforcements in january. Then it's up to Sam & the boys.

I'm still confident. In Sam we believe.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sun 23 Dec 2012, 10:53 am

Been over on a Toffees chat this morning to see what they make of the game , a few obviously never see the game and have made stupid comments but most can not believe the two reds . I have never seen this clown of a ref before or rather not to my knowledge but some toffee fans seem to know of him and it is not the first time he has made a complete **** of himself , it also seems he is in the lead for most reds so far this season , I did,nt know it was a competition and prizes are awarded for top spot angry2

Last edited by Admin on Sun 23 Dec 2012, 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Sun 23 Dec 2012, 10:56 am

With Man Citys late goal that really wasn't a good day of football

No it wasn't, Anichebe was holding Jussi and backing into him forcing him back towards the goal line. Foul on the 'keeper at worst, impeding the 'keeper at best. Goal disallowed was the correct decision.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sun 23 Dec 2012, 11:04 am

Have to agree with Bus dude after watching it again , however aint this the same as what Nolan does at every chance , maybe he has been lucky so far
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Sun 23 Dec 2012, 11:19 am

Hasn't there been discussion about cleaning up the wrestling at corners recently? Maybe this was the first example? To be honest there is nothing wrong with a player standing his ground on the line in front of the keeper & for me the keepers actions in pushing them away is a foul but holding players so they can't make a move for the ball is clearly a foul, even if it is a sneaky arm behind, holding a shirt that does it.
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sun 23 Dec 2012, 1:03 pm

On reflection, and ignoring the antics of that bald prick with the whistle, I think I would have to admit that Everton simply play a better class of football than we can manage at present. Having said that , Wigwam have tried to play classy, attractive, ball-to-feet football and it's landed them in the relegation zone. I can't think of anyone I'd rather have in charge than BFS for the job that we have to do this season, i.e. stay up, with a weak squad. As the song says - " Noboby does it better..." Probably won't be a lot of fun, though.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 1:49 pm