West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+12
Cochese
Arran H
alfiehammer
Kray JR
Tony P
SemiOldIron
Dan C
Campo
Jiggs
Charlie Ham
Suzanne Claret
Admin
16 posters

Fulham v West Ham United FC

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Fulham v West Ham United FC Empty Fulham v West Ham United FC

Post  Admin Thu 24 Jan 2013, 3:37 pm

Fulham v West Ham United FC FulhamvWestHam_zps4b7b5f93

Referee
    Lee Probert

Fulham v West Ham United FC Blackpool-v-Fulham-Martin-Jol-pa_2886527

Fulham have the chance to overtake their visitors when they host West Ham at Craven Cottage on Wednesday.

Neither team have won in the Premier League since New Year's Day with Martin Jol's side on a run of four without a win in front of their own fans.

A London derby against the Hammers could be the motivation they need to kick-start their campaign and pick up that first home win since the December triumph over Newcastle.

Coincidentally, Sam Allardyce's side have fond memories of the Magpies too -their November trip to Tyneside is the last time the Irons picked up three points on the road.

The West Ham boss is known for targeting specific fixtures and it seems likely that an away day at the Cottage would be the sort of evening he will expect his players to end that poor run.

Bolstered by a host of January arrivals, both sides will go into this clash with cause for optimism but for the losers there is still the risk of being lured into a surprise relegation battle.

Fulham v West Ham United FC 407 Fulham
    Emmanuel Frimpong is in line to make his Fulham debut after joining on loan from Arsenal on Friday.

Fellow midfielder Simon Davies is also available for selection having returned to training after a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

Kieran Richardson (calf), Mahamadou Diarra (knee) and Kerim Frei (pelvis) are all absent for the visit of the Hammers.

Fulham v West Ham United FC 367 West Ham United FC
    West Ham striker Andy Carroll could finally return to the squad after recovering from a knee problem.

The on-loan Liverpool forward has been missing since November but could make the bench at Craven Cottage.

New arrival Emanuel Pogatetz will go straight into the squad but George McCartney (knee), James Collins (hamstring) and Dan Potts (concussion) are all missing.

Facts

• Fulham have won just two of their previous 17 Premier League matches against West Ham (W2 D5 L10), with one of those victories being in their first ever PL meeting.

• Carlton Cole has scored in each of his last five Premier League starts against Fulham, netting six goals in total.

• No goalkeeper has been forced into making more saves than Jussi Jaaskelainen (91).

• Dimitar Berbatov netted five goals in his first seven Premier League appearances for Fulham (goal every 117 mins), but has scored only two in his subsequent 12 PL games (goal every 540 mins).

Fulham v West Ham United FC 1289607003 Fulham v West Ham United FC 1289607003 Fulham v West Ham United FC 1289607003 Fulham v West Ham United FC 1289607003 Fulham v West Ham United FC 1289607003 Fulham v West Ham United FC 1289607003 Fulham v West Ham United FC 1289607003 Fulham v West Ham United FC 1289607003 Fulham v West Ham United FC 1289607003 Fulham v West Ham United FC 1289607003 Fulham v West Ham United FC 1289607003

Last edited by Admin on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 11:02 am; edited 4 times in total
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Fulham v West Ham United FC Empty Re: Fulham v West Ham United FC

Post  Admin Thu 24 Jan 2013, 3:54 pm

Just been over to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to find out how they looking at the game next week and what they are predicting .
    We really need that one or we are gonna end up very close to the brown stuff .

Jimpav

Being hammered 5-1 at the Emirates. Looks like they have been found out.

I really hope we can turn them over next week, if we can get ahead of them in the league it will be another step closer to safety.

Scrumpy

It's certainly a massive game for us against them. But we never seem to beat 'em

Jimpav

I just hope the team can muster up enough self esteem to at least try and avenge the reverse fixture.

We did sneak a result against them around the time of Europa run. Zamora scored a proper Bobby dazzler.

That's the only recent win I can remember though.

SP

WHU actually have a poorer away record than we do.

HatterDon

If we go out believeing that we are the better side, play aggressively and as a team, we should run their sorry asses off the park. If we go out looking like we're frightened we might not get one point, we probably won't.

West Ham aren't that good, but they are organized and play as a team. I really want to stuff The Cheats this season. I want all three points, and I want them to get relegated on goal difference because of it.

BillNRoc

Can we learn anything from how mercilessly Arsenal attacked their weaknesses? If so, can we apply what we learned? Admittedly, Arsenal have better players than we do - younger, more pace, good passers, take shots, put shots on goal. But surely an attack-oriented approach could be mounted, if we play our speediest wingers, Roda instead of Petric (I can't believe I just typed that phrase), maybe even sit Berba on the reserves bench. If our offense consists largely of lateral and backwards passes at a molasses pace, they are likely to knock long ball after long ball into the box for their big boys to play with.

earlbeatty

Yep - this is a massive game and could help determine how the rest of our season is going to go.

I think West Ham now don't this weekend, so their players will be fresher than ours, but have got to believe that, at home and with their poor away form, we can get three valuable points and move above them in the League.

I still shudder when I think of that Boxing Day defeat under Sparky!!

EB
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 24 Jan 2013, 4:05 pm

OI HatterDon who in the fuck are you calling a cheat [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

YO Admin - you've put the Gooner banner up doh
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 24 Jan 2013, 4:19 pm

Thanks hun , I,m on it .
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Thu 24 Jan 2013, 5:44 pm

Not a lot to say here.
    My confidence is low.

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 24 Jan 2013, 5:53 pm

I can still not understand why he did not play the same team last night as last week with the exception of Shack .
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 24 Jan 2013, 5:55 pm

HatterDon

West Ham aren't that good, but they are organized and play as a team. I really want to stuff The Cheats this season. I want all three points, and I want them to get relegated on goal difference because of it.

Doesn't want much, does he? All that worrying how West Ham will do, with not a single thought for his own team...Shocking support! finger
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 24 Jan 2013, 6:08 pm

Here,s another one

RaySmith

I saw us beat them at Upton Park in an FA Cup replay a few years ag- McBride scored.

A few years ago , so thats more than three . Fulham v West Ham United FC 3725042725
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Thu 24 Jan 2013, 10:38 pm

Admin wrote:Here,s another one

RaySmith

I saw us beat them at Upton Park in an FA Cup replay a few years ag- McBride scored.

A few years ago , so thats more than three . Fulham v West Ham United FC 3725042725

I think I remember that game.

We were in the championship and drew at their ground getting them back to UP.
    At home we were all over them like a rash and then in the last 15-20 minutes they scored.
    Might have been more them one.
    Very disappointing, but hey, one get used to it supporting this club.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Fri 25 Jan 2013, 1:15 pm

They won’t know anything about football, unless they have been briefed by their butlers … doh
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 25 Jan 2013, 1:44 pm

fuck 'em , we have the 3 points in the bag WH Flag
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Fri 25 Jan 2013, 4:17 pm

Admin wrote:Here,s another one

RaySmith

Yeah, and......I saw us beat you in an FA cup final a few years ago, Alan Taylor scored - TWICE! - so ner!
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Fri 25 Jan 2013, 4:33 pm

Charlie Ham wrote:

At home we were all over them like a rash and then in the last 15-20 minutes they scored.

It was indeed more than one - a 3-0 home defeat.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Fri 25 Jan 2013, 6:33 pm

Dan C wrote:
    Charlie Ham wrote:

It was indeed more than one - a 3-0 home defeat.

Yes. Thanks Dan.
    I remember being very disappointed leaving.
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Fri 25 Jan 2013, 9:07 pm

Admin wrote:Just been over to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to find out how they looking at the game next week and what they are predicting .

earlbeatty

Yep - this is a massive game and could help determine how the rest of our season is going to go.

I think West Ham now don't this weekend, so their players will be fresher than ours, but have got to believe that, at home and with their poor away form, we can get three valuable points and move above them in the League.

EB

It was brilliant - got in for nothing on season tickets of lads that couldn't go, and we licked 'em!!Best game I've seen Carlton Cole play. Only snag was we couldn't celebrate too much as we were in with the enemy! Very Happy
    I'd love to see a re-run of that..... COYI!! scarf
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 26 Jan 2013, 11:52 am

SemiOldIron wrote:
    Admin wrote:Just been over to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to find out how they looking at the game next week and what they are predicting .

earlbeatty

EB

It was brilliant - got in for nothing on season tickets of lads that couldn't go, and we licked 'em!!Best game I've seen Carlton Cole play. Only snag was we couldn't celebrate too much as we were in with the enemy! Very Happy
    I'd love to see a re-run of that..... COYI!! scarf

The enemy? At Craven Cottage? No such thing. They have a neutral area FFS !
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sun 27 Jan 2013, 4:06 pm

Cant wait to see what team Sam puts out in this one.

Rolling Eyes
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 27 Jan 2013, 9:36 pm

Kray JR wrote:Cant wait to see what team Sam puts out in this one.

Rolling Eyes

It has better be a damn sight stronger than the Championship side he put out at The Emirates last Wednesday angry2
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 27 Jan 2013, 10:29 pm

shame Carroll isn't back, he terrorized them last time. Their always a good team foolham and berbatov still a very decent striker on the day if he can be bothered so i'd be happy with a point here.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 27 Jan 2013, 10:31 pm

alfiehammer wrote:shame Carroll isn't back, he terrorized them last time. Their always a good team foolham and berbatov still a very decent striker on the day if he can be bothered so i'd be happy with a point here.

According to David Gold on Twitter, Andy Carroll should be on the bench against Fulham
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Mon 28 Jan 2013, 4:37 pm

Some stats on the ref Lee Probert for Wednesday,s game at Foolham . Wiked it

Just been on their site btw , they seem to be getting a bit worried that AC will play Very Happy

Probert came in for widespread criticism when he was fourth official for a Premier League match on 29 August 2009 between Manchester United and Arsenal at Old Trafford. Probert and the referee, Mike Dean, were censured after Arsène Wenger was sent to the stands for his reaction, including kicking a plastic bottle, to the ruling-out of an Arsenal goal for offside.[8] League Managers Association chief executive Richard Bevan said of the error of judgement: "Lee Probert totally failed to manage the situation and created a needless pressure point taking the focus away from the pitch in a big event with only a minute to go."[9]

Probert came under the spotlight after another Manchester United fixture in April 2010, a 0-0 draw at Newcastle United. In the final minute, Manchester United striker Javier Hernández went down in the penalty area under a Danny Simpson challenge. Probert adjudged Hernández to have dived and booked him for simulation, a decision described as "brave" by Newcastle manager Alan Pardew[10] but as an "insult" by Manchester United coach Alex Ferguson.[11]

After a Football League Championship game on 14 February 2012 between West Ham United and Southampton, two teams vying for automatic promotion to the Premier League, which finished 1-1, West Ham's manager Sam Allardyce accused Probert and his assistants of "taking away what we are striving for" by declining two penalty appeals and dismissing Matthew Taylor for a shove during a mêlée. Southampton coach Nigel Adkins said the referee made some "interesting" decisions and added that he felt Probert also missed a penalty for his team for a handball.[12]
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 28 Jan 2013, 5:16 pm

AC has a 70% chance apparently, so i doubt he will be risked
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 28 Jan 2013, 6:12 pm

According to David Gold's Twitter account AC is likely to be on the bench on Wednesday. Could be a massive smokescreen of course
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Mon 28 Jan 2013, 6:40 pm

I think he will have some part in the game , lets hope though that we dont need him WH Flag
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 29 Jan 2013, 7:42 am

Wonder which of our trees will be planted up front to start this one

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 10:08 pm