West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+4
Jiggs
alfiehammer
Charlie Ham
Nicki
8 posters

Reo Coker gets what he is worth at last

Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Reo Coker gets what he is worth at last Empty Reo Coker gets what he is worth at last

Post  Nicki Wed 08 May 2013, 4:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This did give me a chuckle - how are the mighty fallen Smile
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Reo Coker gets what he is worth at last Empty Re: Reo Coker gets what he is worth at last

Post  Charlie Ham Wed 08 May 2013, 5:57 pm

Still too much.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Reo Coker gets what he is worth at last Empty Re: Reo Coker gets what he is worth at last

Post  alfiehammer Thu 09 May 2013, 10:44 am

I cannot believe Villa paid him 130k a week. BS methinks
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 09 May 2013, 1:25 pm

Agree with Charlie - he aint worth a toss.
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Fri 10 May 2013, 12:33 pm

I find it a bit sad really. When he first came to us I thought he was really impressive. Then something started to go wrong in his head. It's true that a good footballer should be self-confident, but NRC seemed to think that the more self-confident he got the better the player he would become - but it doesn't work like that, and he just made more and more of a twat of himself. Foolish, foolish man. scratch
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Fri 10 May 2013, 1:29 pm

alfiehammer wrote:I cannot believe Villa paid him 130k a week. BS methinks

They didn't-the article quite clearly says a MONTH; which is about £30k a week; sadly believable.

An unknown ex Spud trainee is ONLY on £65,000 a year. Poor sod, how does he get by!!!
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Fri 10 May 2013, 4:57 pm

I stand corrected lol
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Sat 11 May 2013, 5:57 am

i find it sad how people are laughing at him earning (at a guess obviously) three times as much a year than the highest paid person on this forum? maybe 5 or 6 times more a year than a lot of people, myself included, this after earning millions a year for what 4/5 years? oh how upset for him i am, NOT!!!! doh
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Tue 14 May 2013, 9:17 am

Sir Ian wrote:i find it sad how people are laughing at him earning (at a guess obviously) three times as much a year than the highest paid person on this forum? maybe 5 or 6 times more a year than a lot of people, myself included, this after earning millions a year for what 4/5 years? oh how upset for him i am, NOT!!!! doh

Not so much amused by his diminishing pay checks, Sir Ian, more that he has ended up in such a backwater -still trying to find a club that recognises just how good he is.

I have to try not to think about footballers pay, it pisses me off so much...
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Wed 15 May 2013, 5:41 pm

Yes SOI - that was my take on it too - he thought he was so great. Not about the money just about the fact they he actually is bloody useless and full of self importance.
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Wed 15 May 2013, 6:25 pm

Nicki wrote:Yes SOI - that was my take on it too - he thought he was so great. Not about the money just about the fact they he actually is bloody useless and full of self importance.

Sold to Aston Villa for £8,000,000 proclaiming himself to be one of the best holding midfielders in the Premier League. Within months being used as a substitute Right Back.
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Thu 16 May 2013, 3:18 pm

Blakey wrote:
    Nicki wrote:Yes SOI - that was my take on it too - he thought he was so great. Not about the money just about the fact they he actually is bloody useless and full of self importance.

Sold to Aston Villa for £8,000,000 proclaiming himself to be one of the best holding midfielders in the Premier League. Within months being used as a substitute Right Back.

Come to think of it that was a bloody good bit of business by West Ham, Villa have probably never forgiven us.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Sep 2024, 6:34 pm