West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

5 posters

England v Scotland

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

England v Scotland  Empty England v Scotland

Post  Admin Wed 14 Aug 2013, 4:32 pm

This should be an exciting game tonight against the tartan army . Working with 3 Scots and 2 English , so there has been some serious banter at work the last few days apart from today after the tonking Eglands U21 gave them last night 6-0 mwhahaha .
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

England v Scotland  Empty Re: England v Scotland

Post  Campo Wed 14 Aug 2013, 7:35 pm

I have the game on
    never thought i would say this but glad the game is on ITV
    as the coverage on the BTsport channel of the U21's last night was nothing short of shit
    Michael Owen should never be allowed anywhere near a commentary box again
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 14 Aug 2013, 8:47 pm

Same old England
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 15 Aug 2013, 7:26 am

As pleased as I am for a player like Rickie Lambert to get to play (and score) for his country, it just highlights to me the lack of depth we have in regards to world class strikers. Let's not kid ourselves if Andy Carroll and Daniel Sturridge were fit Lambert would not have made the squad would he?

We are LIGHT YEARS away from being a force in World Football. The Premier League is a great "product" but the vast majority of the flair players are foreign. Can you imagine the likes of Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Germany or Italy being worried about facing a striker like Lambert; or players like Cleverley, Milner, Zaha, Welbeck? No. Nor can I !
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 15 Aug 2013, 8:44 am

The only class player of any note is Wilshere
    the rest are average
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Thu 15 Aug 2013, 3:58 pm

Campo wrote:The only class player of any note is Wilshere
    the rest are average
    Dunno, I always like Theo Walcott as a player...
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Thu 15 Aug 2013, 10:45 pm

Tony P wrote:As pleased as I am for a player like Rickie Lambert to get to play (and score) for his country, it just highlights to me the lack of depth we have in regards to world class strikers. Let's not kid ourselves if Andy Carroll and Daniel Sturridge were fit Lambert would not have made the squad would he?

We are LIGHT YEARS away from being a force in World Football. The Premier League is a great "product" but the vast majority of the flair players are foreign. Can you imagine the likes of Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Germany or Italy being worried about facing a striker like Lambert; or players like Cleverley, Milner, Zaha, Welbeck? No. Nor can I !
    Couldn't agree more, Mr P. The worst aspect of the England team is the hype, the endless pretence of the media that we are world-beaters when we are patently nothing of the sort. So all we get is disappointment after disappointment because the expectation is way too high. Most of us are realistic about the Hammers prospects in the PL, if the nation as a whole could get realistic about the prospects of England success in world football then perhaps we would enjoy watching the games more. Okay, I wear a "Legends of 66 " tee-shirt myself, but I don't expect us to win another World Cup even if we did get three West Ham players in the team again..... the success of the PL has been at the expense of our national talent pool." Simples!", as the meerkat says....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 4:15 am