West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+7
Suzanne Claret
Jiggs
RichB
Charlie Ham
Tony P
Campo
Admin
11 posters

Mini Judas preparing for a UP return

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Mini Judas preparing for a UP return Empty Mini Judas preparing for a UP return

Post  Admin Tue 05 Nov 2013, 11:25 am

Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe says he still loves former club West Ham – despite his acrimonious departure from Upton Park 10 years ago.
    Defoe, who hails from Stratford in east London, asked for a transfer request after the Hammers were relegated in 2003 and moved to Tottenham.
    The 31-year-old is now in his second spell at White Hart Lane, but he insists he still regrets his decision to walk out on West Ham.
    He told ITV4: “It was a massive mistake. I didn’t really want to do it.
    “We’re talking about leaving the club I was in love with at the time because I came through the youth system with my friends, the fans loved me there. They were brilliant - every game they sang my name.
    “The person who represented me at the time said, ‘You need to hand in a transfer request and get in early because all the lads are going to leave.’
    “I remember going in and I was so nervous. It was (then Hammers chief executive) Paul Aldridge and I gave him the letter and he said, ‘What’s this?’ And I said, ‘It’s a transfer request’.
    “And he looked at me as if to say, ‘Are you kidding?’
    “The backlash was crazy. I felt like I was on my own and people were absolutely abusing me.
    “To this day I can imagine West Ham fans look at me and think, ‘Who does he think he is? How can you do that? You’re a Judas’. And it’s quite sad really because I can honestly say I still love that club.”
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Mini Judas preparing for a UP return Empty Re: Mini Judas preparing for a UP return

Post  Campo Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:28 pm

looks like he is trying to wiggle his way back in january then
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Mini Judas preparing for a UP return Empty Re: Mini Judas preparing for a UP return

Post  Admin Tue 05 Nov 2013, 5:24 pm

He should show the fans that he was misled by his agent and score us some goals , if he does make it back , I wont boo him if hes in C&B
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 05 Nov 2013, 8:26 pm

I would (and always have) welcome him back with open arms (metaphorically speaking)
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Tue 05 Nov 2013, 8:44 pm

Looks like he's talking his way back.
    Not a bad thing if he did come back.
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Tue 05 Nov 2013, 10:56 pm

Pleased to see some grown up comments on here. I for one would be pleased to see him up front again he is a reliable goal scorer and frankly the idea of Carroll and Defoe up front together is mouth-watering!

The other reason is that it would annoy the boo-boys and that one aspect of our fans that I detest; booing our own players like Boa Morte and Marlon Harwood - bloody goons the lot of 'em. Having Defoe would just about give them a heart-fart or burst a blood vessel - with any luck.

So I hope it happens and how I'd laugh! Laughing  
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Tue 05 Nov 2013, 11:16 pm

Sounds good to me .... Defoe in - CFC out.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 06 Nov 2013, 9:49 am

I have never Boo'd one of our own, got bloody close once with Boa Morte after he wandered around the park for around 60 mins then it still took him about 3 mins to wander from the center circle to the dugout when he was subbed
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 07 Nov 2013, 1:46 pm

He can come back if he want's but I shant be talking to him and you cant make me so nerr...
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Thu 07 Nov 2013, 1:53 pm

Get the arrogant little git back here as soon as possible, at least he knows how to score.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 07 Nov 2013, 2:38 pm

8 goals so far this season - none in the PL.

2 v Dinamo Tiblisi - Europa
    2 v Tromso - Europa
    2 v Villa - CapOneCup
    1 v Anzhi - Europa
    1 v FCSherriff - Europa
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 07 Nov 2013, 7:20 pm

Suzanne Claret wrote:8 goals so far this season - none in the PL.

2 v Tromso - Europa
    2 v Villa - CapOneCup
    1 v Anzhi - Europa
    1 v FCSherriff - Europa
    That may be because he hardly plays in the PL. AVB only plays one up front. Defoe may have the same problem if he came to us !
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Thu 07 Nov 2013, 11:27 pm

I'd have him back but it won't happen because, to buy a player from Tottenham, you have to pay through the nose. His wages aren't small either.

The amount of stick ex-West Ham players get really has got a little silly. Even Stanislas was getting booed at Burnley the other night. I made my feelings known.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 08 Nov 2013, 6:49 am

Tony P wrote:
    Suzanne Claret wrote:8 goals so far this season - none in the PL.

2 v Tromso - Europa
    2 v Villa - CapOneCup
    1 v Anzhi - Europa
    1 v FCSherriff - Europa
    That may be because he hardly plays in the PL. AVB only plays one up front. Defoe may have the same problem if he came to us !
    With Carrolls injury record he would probably get 20 games in the PL alone

manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Sat 09 Nov 2013, 2:07 am

Would he EVER win the fans back over?
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 09 Nov 2013, 10:07 am

Football fans are a fickle bunch, If Defoe did join us and started banging them in , he would be forgiven very quickly.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 09 Nov 2013, 11:05 am

I watched sports-life-stories with Jermain Defoe.  He did come across as a cocky little individual at times and when questioned about women his response was why not?  The money was the main attraction and I'm a man!

There were many sad times for him also. He felt cursed when in quick succession he lost family members.  His father to cancer at a young age, his brother was stabbed and a girl cousin electrocuted in a swimming pool.

He said that his agent told him that everyone else would be handing in transfer requests and that he should get in first and quick.  I felt that this was one of his sad times too.

Worth watching ....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 09 Nov 2013, 11:20 am

Dan C wrote:I'd have him back but it won't happen because, to buy a player from Tottenham, you have to pay through the nose. His wages aren't small either.
    It might happen, that fence-mending quote about West Ham didn't appear by accident. And I think there's a bit more realism about regarding transfer fees, and how much a well-used striker is really worth nowadays ( see " Owen M." ) Might be pretty tough for GAS and Levy to sit down to do business together though.
    I'd like to see it happen, but I won't be holding me breath...
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Thu 28 Nov 2013, 10:49 am

Soooo Llittle Judas would prefer to play Canadian football than Fat Sam hit and hope football, although no surprises as no one in their right mind would want to play for our shower of shit under the Neanderthal Allardyce
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 28 Nov 2013, 5:01 pm

fishing Again ?
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Thu 28 Nov 2013, 5:53 pm

Hungry Hammer 66 wrote:Soooo Llittle Judas would prefer to play Canadian football than Fat Sam hit and hope football, although no surprises as no one in their right mind would want to play for our shower of shit under the Neanderthal Allardyce
    I've got a bottle of after-shave called "Obsession". I'm beginning to think you're drinking the stuff.Wink 
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Thu 28 Nov 2013, 6:16 pm

Hmmm, now your talking Allardyce out Calvin Klein in !! Lmao

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 5:10 pm