West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+8
Harry R
Dan C
mottinghammer
Tony P
Blakey
alfiehammer
westhamonkey
Admin
12 posters

EU Elections

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

EU Elections  - Page 2 Empty Re: EU Elections

Post  Admin Sat 24 May 2014, 6:03 pm

Green Energy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , the only one who wins is the property owners
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Sat 24 May 2014, 6:22 pm

That's just not true Tony.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 24 May 2014, 6:37 pm

Admin wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:
    Admin wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:
    Nigel Farage couldn't kick his way out of a wet paper bag.

I'm curious why you'd vote for him this time but not at a General Election

Care to elaborate on the wet paper bag kicking

for sure...

a paper bag is not generally reckoned to be something not particularly robust

adding water to the substance of that bag is generally accepted as reducing the already limited tensile strength of said pulp based container  

being unable to kick ones way out of such a structure in circumstances of its weakened state would be the province of someone particularly weak and clueless.
    I was thinking more along the lines , why you think Nigel Farage can not kick his way out of the said subject and you still have not stated who you will vote for

I haven't lived in the UK for 12 years now, so I don't feel I have any right to vote for a political system that doesn't affect me other than giving me something to laugh at from a distance.

Unfortunately since I'm still not a citizen here I can't vote in America, so my political voice is kinda muted.

But it's interesting how the olde homeland looks from a distance...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 24 May 2014, 6:43 pm

However much you might feel attached to a country, my personal feeling is that if you don't live there then you shouldn't vote in that country.

Seems more than a little disingenuous to vote on things that really aren't part of your life.

If you want a political voice in the UK - then live there.

If you don't want to live in the UK then you have to accept that you aren't really playing fair by insisting on being able to affect the political landscape of that territory.

Obviously if you're serving military or on a work assignment that takes you overseas for a (limited) period of time and your registered domicile is somewhere then that's one thing, but if you live, work, earn and pay taxes in a different country, why the fupp would/should you vote on anything in the UK?
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Mon 26 May 2014, 9:10 am

westhamonkey wrote:
    However much you might feel attached to a country, my personal feeling is that if you don't live there then you shouldn't vote in that country.

Seems more than a little disingenuous to vote on things that really aren't part of your life.

If you want a political voice in the UK - then live there.

If you don't want to live in the UK then you have to accept that you aren't really playing fair by insisting on being able to affect the political landscape of that territory.

Obviously if you're serving military or on a work assignment that takes you overseas for a (limited) period of time and your registered domicile is somewhere then that's one thing, but if you live, work, earn and pay taxes in a different country, why the fupp would/should you vote on anything in the UK?

Totally agree.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Mon 26 May 2014, 5:24 pm

Suzanne Claret wrote:That's just not true Tony.

80,000 big ones a year aint a bad income Suz I,ll have some of that , anyway theres no point really in continuing because you have your believes and I have mine  Wink 

Dan and Monkeyman. I have probably posted my reasons on here before . I am pretty sure the EU is no good for anyone and seeing as I cant vote anymore for my country I will help anyway I can to dispose of the crooks in Brussels . I payed taxes in Britain and finding out I cant get my pension transfered here because the labour has been knicking it since 1997 , thats just one of many reason why I dont like them nor their partners in crime so UKIP it is .Britain is in a mess and I hate to see how it gets worse every time I come over so I will do my little bit to put a stop to this corrupt mess and that is my right and dont say against it or I will take you to those other crooks in Strasbourg  hatsoff
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Mon 26 May 2014, 7:24 pm

I really don't do politics and firmly believe everyone is just in it for themselves, unfortunately.

I don't see the logic behind UKIP accessing the EU Parliament if it is such as disgrace-and onlky one of their two policies yto boot. Just jumping on the gravy train.

They are thinly veiled xenophobic racists - and not thinly veiled at all.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Mon 26 May 2014, 8:10 pm

I was neer a fan of the EU - although a kid when it was foisted on us, so couldn't do anything about it.

Nothing has changed my mind since then... just seems like a cash cow for unelected assholes and failed politicians... the fact that a knob like Kinnock who couldn't do anything more impressive than fall over at the seaside became a top Euro Bureaucrat just illustrates the point perfectly.

Unfortunately, England to me from this distance just seems like a bunch of "thinly veiled racist" little englanders... something that's hardly disproved by so many hiding behind a bunch of wankers like UKIP.

There's nothing wrong with being Euro-sceptic... but blaming you plight on gypsies and Bulgarians ain't the way to do it.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Mon 26 May 2014, 8:41 pm

Yep heard all the name calling , racists , anti gay , blame it on the Gypsies etc etc , wankers is a new one . The Westminster Bubble have done their best to discredit UKIP with the help of most papers , BBC , Sky , you name it and the are all backed by the so called big three , well big two cos the Limp Dem leader is now history . Things will be changing in Europe and all for the right reason , to stop this EU bull , its crooked and it just aint working . How,s Obama doing over there ?
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Mon 26 May 2014, 9:51 pm

what's Obama got to do with anything?

the biggest flaw in any political system are the voters
    lizzie
    lizzie
    Academy

Post  lizzie Mon 26 May 2014, 11:49 pm

The original plans of the EU was as a trading place between European countries.  It was, in its infancy, known as the Common Market.  Over the years the monster has grown out of all proportion and has been allowed to influence the laws of each member.  That should never have happened.   It should have stayed as was originally intended - as a market place.  De Gaulle stopped the UK from joining when it first applied, he feared it was a back door for US influence.  De Gaulle did us a favour at the time.  How I wish it had been kept that way - not allowing the UK to join.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 27 May 2014, 5:22 am

lizzie wrote:The original plans of the EU was as a trading place between European countries.  It was, in its infancy, known as the Common Market.  Over the years the monster has grown out of all proportion and has been allowed to influence the laws of each member.  That should never have happened.   It should have stayed as was originally intended - as a market place.  De Gaulle stopped the UK from joining when it first applied, he feared it was a back door for US influence.  De Gaulle did us a favour at the time.  How I wish it had been kept that way - not allowing the UK to join.

Well said Lizzie
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 27 May 2014, 7:14 am

lizzie wrote:The original plans of the EU was as a trading place between European countries.  It was, in its infancy, known as the Common Market.  Over the years the monster has grown out of all proportion and has been allowed to influence the laws of each member.  That should never have happened.   It should have stayed as was originally intended - as a market place.  De Gaulle stopped the UK from joining when it first applied, he feared it was a back door for US influence.  De Gaulle did us a favour at the time.  How I wish it had been kept that way - not allowing the UK to join.

clap I think that a lot of younger people are unaware of how the "Yes" vote came about in 1973. We were duped
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Tue 27 May 2014, 7:24 am

Why can't you get your pension transferred, Tony?  I thought that was the least the EU was meant to allow you to do.  I have state & private pensions in the UK still.  Maybe it's a sensible thing for me to move back.

One personal reason why I am in favour of the UK staying in the UK is because I don't know what happens to me & my job if we come out - no longer married to a Scandy & have never taken Finnish citizenship, & secondly what happens with my kids if they want to move to the UK.  They have Finnish citizenship & passports but were born in the UK.  No-one has explained how coming out affects those cases.

As for voting in the UK - I agree with the others that as I don't live in the UK I shouldn't vote on something that happens there unless it is something like staying in the EU.  As a British passport holder & living in the EU  I think I should be allowed a vote on that.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 27 May 2014, 11:19 am

You should of been able to vote locally on your island as I could here dude
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 27 May 2014, 11:27 am

Tony P wrote:

clap I think that a lot of younger people are unaware of how the "Yes" vote came about in 1973. We were duped

You got that right dude and every PM has signed away more and more rights since then , where was the referendum on those treaties ?
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Tue 27 May 2014, 12:24 pm

Admin wrote:You should of been able to vote locally on your island as I could here dude

I voted in the EU election here but I don't think I can vote in a British referendum on staying in the EU.
    As a British passport holder / citizen living in the EU I think I sholud have the right to do so.
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Tue 27 May 2014, 12:30 pm

Admin, IF UKIP were to ever come to power and pull us out of the EU, how would that affect you as a Brit living elsewhere in the European Union?
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Tue 27 May 2014, 1:49 pm

IMO by voting UKIP you've let the government and the banks off the hook, the fact that we are in the shit is down to the banks and the fact its not getting any better is down to the government. Blaming the immigrants just allows those whose fault it really is not to take any responsibility for.

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 27 May 2014, 3:32 pm

Suzanne Claret wrote:IMO by voting UKIP you've let the government and the banks off the hook, the fact that we are in the shit is down to the banks and the fact its not getting any better is down to the government. Blaming the immigrants just allows those whose fault it really is not to take any responsibility for.

My point exactly , labour and the Cons have had their chance and what exactly have the done apart lieing and getting us into wars that had nothing to do with us , so in my opinion let someone else have a chance it can't get any worse can it ?
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 27 May 2014, 3:41 pm

Dan C wrote:Admin, IF UKIP were to ever come to power and pull us out of the EU, how would that affect you as a Brit living elsewhere in the European Union?

Well Dan seeing as I got married here have children here pay taxes here and been a good boy Idont think I would thrown out , pretty much the same as anyone in Britain that has done likewise . UKIP is not against immigration they want controlled immigration , they are not against Europe , they want to trade with them and the rest of the world something that Britain signed up for in the seventies , remember the Common Market , free trade , not a bunch of unelected crooks who make over 70% of British laws .
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Wed 28 May 2014, 9:15 am

I don't think we can assume that if we come out of Europe but want to continue with a free trade agreement that the EU will say "Well if that's what you want". I can see that they will not go out of their way to help a country that does not want to be part of the whole thing. Our situation is in no way comaprable to Norway who have always stood outside. Where would we go from there? All our old Commonweatlh partners have found themselves new & closer trading partners & will not welcome us back with open arms either.
    Add to that a complete lack of a manufacturing industry to build upon & the the fact that the City will no longer be the focal point of european finance then we could be in deep shit.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 28 May 2014, 11:02 am

I am pretty sure that the French will still want to us Citroen cars and garlic an wine and cheese and anything else we import from them including champagne seeing as Britain buys the most in Europe and this will go for every other country in the EU . Britain imports more to EU countries than it exports and the EU is stopping Britain from trading to other countries in the world so That JK would not be a problem .
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Wed 28 May 2014, 12:33 pm

I am sure we will still be able to get them G, but at what price?  Tariffs & duties come in to play as I find out to my cost over here, as Åland isn't party to all the EU agreements. 

British exports will be in competition with countries who have cheaper labour costs & relaxed duties while I don't think any government can resist the chance to make a few bob on what they will say are legitimate charges on imports.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 28 May 2014, 4:52 pm

So what happened to free trade the start of all this evil . Britain have been more or less stopped from exporting/Importing to its commonwealth countries all because of the the EU . Britain don't need the EU they need us and that is why it is costing Britain £ 55 mill every single day , for what in return ?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 6:22 pm