West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+6
Hungry Hammer 66
Jiggs
Campo
alfiehammer
westhamonkey
Arran H
10 posters

Should Sam Allardyce get the sacked who would you want to come in and take over ?

Arran H
    Reserves

Should Sam Allardyce get the sacked who would you want to come in and take over ? Empty Should Sam Allardyce get the sacked who would you want to come in and take over ?

Post  Arran H Thu 15 May 2014, 9:11 pm

Should the board decide to sack Sam Allardyce who want to come and take over and Why ?
    Their are two Managers who I wouldn't mind managing West Ham and they are David Moyes and Michael Laudrup

David Moyes : Take the away the Man Utd Job and he has had a successful managerial career at First Preston then Everton , At Everton he got them in the top half every year without fail and did it on a similar budget to us so we know he can do a good job without needing to spend money and he wont play the hoof and hope for the best style football we get under Sam !
    David Moyes record at Everton and Utd :
    Everton : Pld518 W218 D139 L161 WIN%42.08
    Man Utd: Pld51 W27 D9 L15 WIN%52.94

Michael Laudrup : Did a brilliant Job at Swansea , He plays the right style of football and the style football we all want West ham to be associated with and gives the youth a chance and I believe that we would have more chance of filling out the Olympic stadium with him or Moyes in charge then would under fat Sam and we would attract better players !
    Michael Laudrup`s record at Swansea : Pld84 W29 D24 L31 WIN%34.52

And just for those who may of wanted to see what Sam Allardyce`s record with us is: Pld138 W55 D32 L51 WIN%39.86

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Should Sam Allardyce get the sacked who would you want to come in and take over ? Empty Re: Should Sam Allardyce get the sacked who would you want to come in and take over ?

Post  westhamonkey Thu 15 May 2014, 9:30 pm

Moyes does't play attractive football. Give it half a season and everyone who's complaining like they're a Hungry Hammer clone will be shrieking for Moyes' head.

I said it elsewhere... as much as people say Moyes was a highly successful manager at Everton, he never won anything and I know from the experience of having a Toffees fan as a mate over here and getting up to go to the pub early on saturday and sunday mornings to watch them over a number of years while I've been here that they were never a consistent team over a season.
    They'd either start well and fade out in the second half of the season or start poorly then save themselves with a good run in towards the end.

So as much as it looks like Moyes would be a great candidate, I'm not at all convinced it would do anything other than a step backwards or a step sideways - neither of which we want.

Plus we'd never be able to afford Fellani - nor do we actually want him.

Laudrup is a different kettle of fish... my knee jerk reaction is that sure, I'd be happy to have him onboard.

but then look at his stats... he's got a worse win percentage than BFSA... so the football might be better but then once we win less games and begin flirting with relegation on a regular basis... the end result? He'll get the sack as quickly and as ruthlessly as he did at Swansea.

It's a really difficult decision and I don't envy the Board/Owners in having to make it,
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Should Sam Allardyce get the sacked who would you want to come in and take over ? Empty Re: Should Sam Allardyce get the sacked who would you want to come in and take over ?

Post  alfiehammer Fri 16 May 2014, 8:48 am

The name I've heard and would throw into the equation is slaven billic.

After a brief loss of faith, I'm going with the back Sam for one more season approach
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 16 May 2014, 9:19 am

Not so much as who we want
    it is more to do with who would want the job
    and lets be honest the list is very very short
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Fri 16 May 2014, 2:55 pm

Can't we adopt the 'Have I got news for you' format of a different manager every week?
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Fri 16 May 2014, 4:56 pm

I've heard Benitez's name banded about and he would be my number one choice  more realistically Laudrup or Billic or Moyes but as Campo has already pointed out and even more realistically, who would want to come to us !!

Last edited by Hungry Hammer 66 on Fri 16 May 2014, 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Fri 16 May 2014, 5:04 pm

westhamonkey wrote:

Moyes does't play attractive football. Give it half a season and everyone who's complaining like they're a Hungry Hammer clone will be shrieking for Moyes' head.

I said it elsewhere... as much as people say Moyes was a highly successful manager at Everton, he never won anything and I know from the experience of having a Toffees fan as a mate over here and getting up to go to the pub early on saturday and sunday mornings to watch them over a number of years while I've been here that they were never a consistent team over a season.
    They'd either start well and fade out in the second half of the season or start poorly then save themselves with a good run in towards the end.

So as much as it looks like Moyes would be a great candidate, I'm not at all convinced it would do anything other than a step backwards or a step sideways - neither of which we want.

Plus we'd never be able to afford Fellani - nor do we actually want him.

Laudrup is a different kettle of fish... my knee jerk reaction is that sure, I'd be happy to have him onboard.

but then look at his stats... he's got a worse win percentage than BFSA... so the football might be better but then once we win less games and begin flirting with relegation on a regular basis... the end result? He'll get the sack as quickly and as ruthlessly as he did at Swansea.

It's a really difficult decision and I don't envy the Board/Owners in having to make it,
    Awhhh, thanks for the mention monkey-man, made my day......... Actually that's a lie,being  sat in the currant bun all day, drinking I.P.A and listening to old Skool Soul and Reggae made my day !!!!
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 17 May 2014, 7:57 am

I see today that we are being linked with Steve McClaren , If we get McClaren then that is a MASSIVE step back !
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Sat 17 May 2014, 8:45 am

Agree and not the firsts time we have been linked with him
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 17 May 2014, 9:00 am

Former England manager and, respect to him, he did pretty well managing a small club to the title in Netherlands. That said I wouldn't be that excited if the umbrella man got it.
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Sat 17 May 2014, 11:50 am

Should Sam Allardyce get the sacked who would you want to come in and take over ? 51oftw12

Better get these back in stock at the club shop then.
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Sat 17 May 2014, 12:11 pm

With McClaren, for every Derby/Middlesbrough/Twente, there is a Nottingham Forest/England/Wolfsburg.

Bilic would be my choice and no-one else comes close. However, Bilic has two years left on a £1.5m a year contract at Besiktas. Sam has one year remaining on a £2.75m a year deal. Getting rid of Sam and his backroom team would cost close on £4m - add buying Bilic out of his contract and you're looking at £7m before we've even bought a player this summer. I'm now inclined to keep Sam until his contract runs down and then pay just £1.5m in total to bring in Bilic to oversee the final season at the Boleyn and the move to the OS.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 18 May 2014, 4:38 am

If McClaren gets Derby promoted to the Prem he's hardly likely to jump ship for another club...

If, however, Derby don't win the Chimps play-off then...

holy shite...

is this May 23rd board meeting before or after the Chimps play-off final?

oooh... jeez... it's the day after...

Should Sam Allardyce get the sacked who would you want to come in and take over ? 780148547 

c'mon you RAMS!!!!!!!!
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 18 May 2014, 8:57 am

It's the day before
    Harry R
    Harry R
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  Harry R Sun 18 May 2014, 2:19 pm

Bookies have Gus Poyet as odds on favourite to be the next manager, guess I'd be fairly happy with that given the job he's done at Sunderland this season.
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Sun 18 May 2014, 2:25 pm

He'd be mad to take it. Would seriously question his commitment-jumping from one relegation battle torn team to another within a year of taking Blunderland job.
    Harry R
    Harry R
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  Harry R Sun 18 May 2014, 2:31 pm

Really don't see West Ham as relegation threatened or at least the're no need to be. We should have quite comfortably beaten several poor teams that we didn't due to the fat mans negative tactics against teams whose defense couldn't cope with us on the attack. Sam's tactic work well enough when playing big teams but he seems to have no idea about changing it when it comes to playing poorer teams. West Ham have got a lot more going for them than Sunderland.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 18 May 2014, 4:36 pm

I wouldnt mind poyet. i think he'll probably stay put mind. can't be easy keep uprooting to different parts of the country. Although i'd want to be on that northern winter personally. I think with the OS looming we must be quite an attractive proposition.

Going off on a tangent, I'm quite expecting to hear rumours about people want to invest/buy us out starting to emerge in the papers...
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Sun 18 May 2014, 7:01 pm

I would be furious if Poyet got the West Ham job - it would only be on the basis of a win against Chelsea and a draw at Man City at the back end of the season. Poyet's side failed to win a home game against a side that finished in the bottom half from when he took over until the Cardiff game at the end of April - worse still, they only scored ONE goal against one of those sides in that time (against us, by which point we were already 2-0 up!).

West Ham have scored six goals in a game once since January 1998 - that was against Gus Poyet's Brighton. West Ham are also not known for being too bright on away form - against Poyet's sides, we have a 100% record on the road.

To get rid of Allardyce would not be too bad a thing, but to get rid of him in favour of Poyet would be suicide.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 6:25 am