West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+6
alfiehammer
Stooby Doo 2002
IronDane
Tony P
Arran H
Campo
10 posters

Zarate - Signed

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Zarate - Signed Empty Zarate - Signed

Post  Campo Sun 25 May 2014, 8:20 pm

Sky convinced deal is done

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

West Ham agree Mauro Zarate deal

West Ham have agreed terms with Argentine striker Mauro Zarate, Sky sources understand.

Sky Sports revealed earlier this week that The Hammers were in talks with the 27-year-old former Birmingham front-man.

Now West Ham have won the race for his signature, with the player expected in England in the next 48 hours.

Sky Sports understand that Zarate has agreed a three-year deal to move to Upton Park.

Zarate returned to Velez Sarsfield from Lazio last year and has just finished the Argentine season as top-scorer.

A source told Sky Sports: "Mauro is very excited about a move to England, he enjoyed his spell last time with Birmingham and is ready to play in the Premier League again."

Last edited by Campo on Wed 28 May 2014, 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Arran H
    Reserves

Zarate - Signed Empty Re: Zarate - Signed

Post  Arran H Sun 25 May 2014, 8:30 pm

So could we see Zarate and Carroll upfront together next season in a So called more attacking team ??
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 25 May 2014, 11:08 pm

Arran H wrote:So could we see Zarate and Carroll upfront together next season in a So called more attacking team ??  

Don't be ridiculous Arran !! Zarate will be on the bench. He may get a game in the Capital One cup or when AC is injured (again)  Smile 
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 26 May 2014, 10:02 am

Well the lad is over to sign, will have to see if the daves and Karren can do a deal

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 26 May 2014, 10:03 am

Transfer news: Argentina's Mauro Zarate excited about West Ham move

Last Updated: 26/05/14 9:19am

West Ham close in on Zarate

Mauro Zarate: On the verge of signing West Ham move
    Sky Bet
    Football Betting
    Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Former Birmingham City striker Mauro Zarate admits he is desperate to sign for West Ham United after jetting in from Argentina to complete a proposed move from Velez Sarsfield.

The 27-year-old was in prolific form for Buenos Aires-based Velez Sarsfield, finishing the season as the Primera Divison's top scorer with 13 goals, four more than closest rival Guido Carillo of Estudiantes.

And the former Lazio and Inter Milan forward revealed he is excited about following in the footsteps of compatriots Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano ahead of his imminent move to West Ham.

"Yes," Zarate told Sky Sports News when asked if he had agreed terms on a three-year contract with West Ham.

"It's a new chance for me. West Ham called me. They are a fierce team and now I think I want to play (there)."

Mauro Zarate

"It's a new chance for me. West Ham called me. They are a fierce team and now I think I want to play (there)."

When asked if he had spoken to Tevez and Mascherano ahead of his proposed move, he added: "Yes a little bit. Now we will talk (with West Ham's owners) and maybe I will sign."

Zarate scored four goals in 14 appearances during his last stint in England - a loan move to Birmingham from Qatari side Al Sadd.

Current West Ham co-owners David Gold and David Sullivan were in charge at St Andrew's during Zarate's spell with Birmingham.

A source told Sky Sports: "Mauro is very excited about a move to England.

"He enjoyed his spell last time with Birmingham and is ready to play in the Premier League again."
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Mon 26 May 2014, 12:13 pm

Nice! Starting early with the transfers.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 28 May 2014, 5:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Mauro Zarate has officially signed 3year contract with 1 year option !
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 28 May 2014, 6:47 pm

as usual NOTHING on our ineffective, useless offishul website
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 28 May 2014, 6:59 pm

My only concern is the following

both Hugh Southen and ExWHUEmployee state that Zarate has bought out his own contract

So what sort of wages is he on?

BUT Johno who i am inclined to believe more as his past posts are way more accurate than the above states

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Zarate will go down as a free but west ham have had to pay money to the 3rd part that owned him
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 28 May 2014, 7:05 pm

now on the official:

West Ham United are delighted to announce the signing of prolific Argentine forward Mauro Zarate.
    The gifted Zarate, who becomes the Hammers' first summer capture, will join the Club on a three-year contract with a further one-year option from Velez Sarsfield when the international transfer window opens next month.
    The 27-year-old arrives at the Boleyn Ground having enjoyed a prolific season in his homeland, where he finished as leading scorer in the Primera Division Torneo Final with 13 goals in 19 appearances, and 20 in 35 in all competitions
    A skilful attacker capable of playing in a centre forward or withdrawn role and scoring spectacular goals, the Haedo-born player also numbers Birmingham City and Italian giants Lazio and Internazionale among his former clubs.
    Having returned for a second spell in the Premier League, Zarate wants to show West Ham fans exactly what he can do.

Zarate - Signed 0,,12562~12868298,00

"My reaction is that I am very happy to be at West Ham," said the forward, who becomes the fourth Argentine to represent the Club following Lionel Scaloni, Javier Mascherano and Carlos Tévez. "This is a new chance for me and I want to play.
    "I think I played well for Velez this season and that was important for me. I had some good team-mates and they helped to make it a fantastic season for me.
    "If you ask me what I can bring to the squad then I say I hope I will bring goals! I will also bring dribbling skills and other attacking qualities.
    "West Ham is a very important Club and we know all about them and the Premier League in Argentina. This Club is a beautiful Club. I know English football from my time at Birmingham and I hope I will play well and reach the highest possible level."
    After a fantastic season in his homeland, Zarate has big ambitions for his new Club.
    "My aim is come here and do my best in order to help the Club to climb as high as possible in the table and to reach European competition again."
    Looking back at the new boy's career, Zarate joined Velez Sarsfield as a schoolboy, making his debut against Arsenal de Sarandi in April 2004, just a month past his 17th birthday.
    Strong, skilful and blessed with a low centre of gravity, he quickly established himself in the El Fortín forward line, scoring 47 goals in 135 appearances in all competitions. He won the Argentine Primera Division Clausura title in 2005 and was top goalscorer in the Apertura championship in 2006.
    Zarate joined Qatari side Al-Sadd in summer 2007 before moving to Birmingham City in January of the following year. At St Andrews, he netted four goals in 14 Premier League games.
    Zarate - Signed 0,,12562~12868299,00
    Mauro Zárate is proud to be joining West Ham United
    The forward moved to Lazio, where he quickly enamoured himself by scoring twice on his full debut at Cagliari and again on his home debut against Sampdoria. In three seasons at the Stadio Olimpico, he netted 33 times in 119 appearances in all competitions.
    Summer 2011 saw Zarate move to Internazionale, where he spent 18 months before moving back to first club Velez Sarsfield in July 2013.
    At international level, he helped Argentina win the FIFA U-20 World Cup in 2007, partnering Manchester City's Sergio Aguero and scoring the winning goal in the final victory over Czech Republic.
    "I speak with Sergio always and he told me to come to England because it is the football for me," added Zarate, who will report for pre-season training with his new team-mates on 3 July.

Stooby Doo 2002
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 Wed 28 May 2014, 7:35 pm

He did leave his club with no fees to be paid so we got him on a free........The terms in his contract triggered a free release clause if a foreign team came in for him, he also gave some of his fee money to build a new sports development site near his previous club.......

He cannot be on a great deal for us because with the financial fair play thing going on gone are the days where we can pay Kieron Dyer type wages.....We can only use a percentage of our income on them.  Can see him on about 30-35K a week.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Wed 28 May 2014, 7:57 pm

I think he will play as a wide forward cutting inside to support Carroll rather then in a 4-4-2 type roll.

I think this is a very positive signing by the club. Happy days
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Wed 28 May 2014, 8:31 pm

Bought out his agent controlling percentage (5-15% I heard) about £200k. His UK agent may well be Curtis but DD's have stipulated that Curtis is to have no more players dealings on their books (no extra players).

Apparently Sullivan really likes him from his short time at Brum, and the relatively lost cost option was a good quick appeasement to the new "attacking flair". Sam had little input on the deal-other than Curtis being allowed to take his piece of the pie (which will wean its way back to Sam-Harry style).
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 28 May 2014, 9:59 pm

Cheers for that , that would make more sense
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Thu 29 May 2014, 9:13 am

I hope he will be given enough of a chance in the team to prove himself. We shall see.
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Thu 29 May 2014, 9:48 am

Fantastic signing, am delighted to welcome Mauro to the club.

However, two hours after Sullivan's son announced this on twitter, there was still nothing on the official site. I am very much in the camp of those who strongly believe Sullivan Junior should not be tweeting this sort of update - it is embarrassing for us as a football club and God knows what our media and website team must make of it.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 29 May 2014, 10:05 pm

Dan C wrote:Fantastic signing, am delighted to welcome Mauro to the club.

However, two hours after Sullivan's son announced this on twitter, there was still nothing on the official site. I am very much in the camp of those who strongly believe Sullivan Junior should not be tweeting this sort of update - it is embarrassing for us as a football club and God knows what our media and website team must make of it.

Carlton Cole tweeted about it too...........as well as welcoming Sheringham to the club. Nothing on the offishul about that either
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Fri 30 May 2014, 6:39 pm

Let's hope he gets better treatment than Mascherano did and that he turns into a WHU hero like Tevez did

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 9:43 am