West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+2
Jiggs
alfiehammer
6 posters

The twitcher

alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

The twitcher Empty The twitcher

Post  alfiehammer Mon 23 Jun 2014, 9:27 am

The perennially headline hunting twitcher seems to have firmly out his foot in his mouth now (good) with his recent comments that spuds players didn't want to play for England and used to come up to him and ask him to get him out of games. 

Gerard, fair play to him, has called him out to name and shame. 

Redknapp now has the choice between backing down and looking like he is full of bollix (he is although probably some exaggerated truth in this circumstances) 

Or

Come out and name and shame the players and look like the sort of manager u can't go to in confidentially as he's always looking to sell dressing room secrets to grab sensational headlines. 

Couldn't have happened to a bigger twat. 

IMHO
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

The twitcher Empty Re: The twitcher

Post  Jiggs Mon 23 Jun 2014, 11:10 am

Just can't help himself can he.  The twitcher 3725042725
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 23 Jun 2014, 11:22 am

Article from the BBC

England captain Steven Gerrard has called on Harry Redknapp to name names after he claimed players tried to avoid international duty when he was in charge at Tottenham.
    QPR boss Redknapp told BBC Radio 5 Live's Sportsweek programme: "They'd come to me 10 days before the game and say 'gaffer get me out of the game. I don't want to play in it'."

Gerrard, speaking as England prepare to play their final World Cup game against Costa Rica in Belo Horizonte, said: "I'll tell you what - I'd be interested to find out who those players are.
    "If Harry is making a comment like that he should name them and embarrass them. No-one in this group wants to go home - no one."
    Redknapp was giving his thoughts on the national team following England's elimination from the 2014 Fifa World Cup after just two group games.

Gerrard, who stressed he had spoken to Jermain Defoe and said that the former Spurs striker was "devastated" not to be at the World Cup, said: "Should Harry not name them? If he's not naming them I can't answer. If it's the case it's disgusting.
    "For me, if a player doesn't want to be here, he doesn't deserve to be here at a World Cup.
    "Who? Name them. I don't know who he means. Five years ago? Ten years ago?"

Redknapp, who managed Tottenham between 2008 and 2012, insists he told the players they should want to represent England. But Gerrard was clearly infuriated by suggestions some had actively tried to avoid England duty.
    The 34-year-old Liverpool midfielder, who won his 113th cap in Thursday's 2-1 defeat by Uruguay, said: "I can understand why you have asked the question with Harry Redknapp being a big coach in the game but we need names.

"I can guarantee you that it's not the case here in this squad.
    "When you go down into the younger age groups, they're younger lads and might not want to be away from their families. But when you're picked at this level and find any excuse not to be here, you don't deserve to be here."
    England manager Roy Hodgson said: "In the two years I've been here, I've seen a greater interest in playing for England, so Harry's comments come as a bit of a surprise to me.
    "If you make comments like that, you have to name them."
    Earlier Gerrard had said he was "hurting and broken" following England's exit. He said he needed time to consider whether to continue his international career.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Tue 24 Jun 2014, 8:03 am

Jiggs wrote:Just can't help himself can he.  The twitcher 3725042725
    Hope we stuff Spurs badly in that first game!
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 24 Jun 2014, 7:41 pm

manurewa hammer wrote:

The Twitcher manages QPR !!
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Tue 24 Jun 2014, 8:21 pm

Tony P wrote:
    manurewa hammer wrote:

The Twitcher manages QPR !!

Yeah, but I hope we stuff spuds in the first game as well!! The twitcher 1343512671 
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 24 Jun 2014, 8:22 pm

We all do Motty !

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024, 11:50 am