West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+6
Suzanne Claret
Campo
Kray JR
westhamonkey
Tony P
alfiehammer
10 posters

Few papers have picked up on the Sam vs board story...

alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Few papers have picked up on the Sam vs board story... Empty Few papers have picked up on the Sam vs board story...

Post  alfiehammer Sun 27 Jul 2014, 8:24 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The situation between Sam Allardyce and West Ham’s owners is not going to end well.
    This was his response to questions posed after the club’s defeat to Sydney in their final game in Australasia.
    “We are working on our new style.
    We have to be more open and expansive.  That’s what is demanded now so we are working on that side of it. We just lost the defensive resilience that we had last season.  Today we got caught on the break twice in the first half.
    We’re trying to play and open teams up so we left too many spaces.”
    ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])
    This is the kind of obnoxiousness that is typical of Allardyce and it’s really him at his excuse-mongering best.
    It is pre-season, losses are quickly forgotten, and it would have been very easy for him to rattle off some platitudes about fitness or conditioning, and it would have been even easier for him not to try use this as an opportunity to take shots at his employers.
    West Ham’s body of work last season was not great, and the style implemented by Allardyce evidently created some distance between the team and the supporters.  They were – at times – hopelessly negative and in this age of the game it is not unreasonable for owners to ask for something more aesthetically pleasing.
    Allardyce has been encouraged to be slightly more offensive and he’s been given new coaching resources and a lot of money to help him make that transition.  It’s not as if David Gold and David Sullivan are forcing him into using a five-man, Ossie Ardiles-style attacking structure that will doom them, they are simply urging him to adapt to the club’s changing status in the Premier League.
    He needs to drop the sulking teenager act and show that he is capable of implementing more than one style of football.  At the moment, he just sounds like a child who has been told that he can’t go outside until he’s tidied his room.
    There are a lot of Allardyce apologists in the media and there will be a whole queue of writers ready to defend him if West Ham start the season badly, but his stubborness is becoming an issue and – just as with the Ravel Morrison situation – it’s creating an acrimony that he’s not really in a strong enough position to deal with.

Last edited by alfiehammer on Sun 27 Jul 2014, 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Few papers have picked up on the Sam vs board story... Empty Re: Few papers have picked up on the Sam vs board story...

Post  Tony P Sun 27 Jul 2014, 10:14 am

This can only end one of two ways. Either Sam gets the balance between a solid defensive unit that is effective going forward, and gets us into the top half of the table relatively early OR we struggle and are near the bottom and he gets sacked. Either way I cannot see him being our manager next season
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Few papers have picked up on the Sam vs board story... Empty Re: Few papers have picked up on the Sam vs board story...

Post  westhamonkey Sun 27 Jul 2014, 7:06 pm

ok... ok... it's time to be grown up and hold up my hands and apologize...

I wanted us to play a more attacking style of football, I wanted us to compete in a more attractive way and show options up front, make us a competitive team.

I didn't realize that would totally unbalance the team, make the defense forget how to mark players, how to defend... or make the midfield completely give up the ghost and forget to lock up the middle of the park.

I need to take responsibility... Sam is right...

I'm just ruining his plan and his experience of the game by asking for more.
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sun 27 Jul 2014, 9:00 pm

I can see him using the "change of style" excuse as much as he can until he is gone.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 27 Jul 2014, 9:12 pm

I got 4/1 earlier in week for him being sacked first in the premiership, now 7/4
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 27 Jul 2014, 10:54 pm

11/8 I got today with sky bet but seemed an investment
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 28 Jul 2014, 8:55 am

Back him or sack him but for god sake do shut the fupp up (the WHU board, not any of you).
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Mon 28 Jul 2014, 11:34 am

We again becoming the laughing stock of the prem, beaten by 2 poor sides on a pointless tour the other side of the world, board and manager at loggerheads again in public, costliest player injured again before we even start. Looks to me like another season in West Ham fan world, expectations to high and nothing delivered.

If the board have no faith in BFS he needs to go now, not in November or earlier, now! So that the new person has at least some chance against spuds in a couple of weeks.

BFS is as Tony said acting like a spoilt child, throwing his teddy out the pram when he doesn't get his own way, the board are, for successful businessmen acting like fools.

Needs to stop now, before we have the same problems of last season
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 28 Jul 2014, 12:37 pm

No wonder Reid's not keen to sign a new contact.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Mon 28 Jul 2014, 5:40 pm

Disgrace , get rid
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Mon 28 Jul 2014, 8:54 pm

P
    You all know my feelings about Fat Sham Rolladice who  has been a disgrace from the first press conference when he dissed The West Ham way, scoffing at it and us in that disgusting, conceited arrogant Dudley drawl of his.
    His Divisive demeanour has  turned Hammer against Hammer and has been systematically destroying our identify, image and brand with every minute he has been at our club and the fact that our owners have not only let it happen but paid through the nose to let it happen is also a disgrace and now sees us as the farcical shambles we are.

Even though im an atheist please Lord, We Deserve Better
    Irons In The Soul

Last edited by Hungry Hammer 66 on Tue 29 Jul 2014, 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Tue 29 Jul 2014, 8:47 am

Admin wrote:Disgrace , get rid

Reid, Sam or the board mate?
    I would suggest the latter two first!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 4:22 am