West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+10
westhamonkey
alfiehammer
Charlie Ham
Arran H
Jiggs
Tony P
Kray JR
SemiOldIron
mottinghammer
Admin
14 posters

West ham United FC v Spurs

Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

West ham United FC v Spurs  - Page 3 Empty Re: West ham United FC v Spurs

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 18 Aug 2014, 3:34 pm

I didn't think we played that bad, in fact I quite enjoyed that game. We were more than a match for the Spuds.

It’s not Allerdyce’s fault Nobes missed the penalty or that Ginge lost the plot.

But it is his fault that he started with Cole on his own up front, it is his fault that he left a poor RVT on the pitch for far too long and it is his fault that he did not throw on Valencia as soon as the Spuds went down to 10 men.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

West ham United FC v Spurs  - Page 3 Empty Re: West ham United FC v Spurs

Post  westhamonkey Tue 19 Aug 2014, 2:32 am

SemiOldIron wrote:Right, now I've got over the ignominy of losing at home to the Spurts...a bit ....so here's a somewhat calmer response. We should have had at least one and probably three points. I can't blame Noble, his strike rate from the spot is exemplary and he's not a bloody robot. I can complain at the (reshuffled) defence nodding off after 93 minutes and they need a boot up the arse which they will no doubt get. BFS's selection was uninspired ( Cole + Nolan ) but it did appear to be working, and I think we [b]were[b] unlucky to get nothing from the game. Spurs are a fairly good quality outfit, just not as good as they think they are. No doubt before the end of the season we will have a shit game, get a stroke of luck, and pocket some undeserved points as they have done.
    The new signings looked very promising, leaving out Valencia who wasn't on long enough to prove anything. Given a pretty crap pre-season campaign and a load of injuries, we played better than I expected. I'm not too fussed about losing Collins for a bit, 'cos if he was our Plan A then we need to get our Plan B sorted as soon as possible. Downing looked a right handful. Some things to be positive about despite a crap result.
     And people on the sack/lynch/tar-and-feather BFS bandwagon need to keep remembering that Pulis is on the market.... Toilet 

all very true

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024, 12:01 am