West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+5
mottinghammer
manurewa hammer
Campo
Jiggs
westhamonkey
9 posters

Twitcher's Gone

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Twitcher's Gone Empty Twitcher's Gone

Post  westhamonkey Tue 03 Feb 2015, 8:43 pm

claims he's having surgery on his knee...

Twitcher's Gone 1290824782
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Twitcher's Gone Empty Re: Twitcher's Gone

Post  Jiggs Tue 03 Feb 2015, 9:42 pm

Pffft Yeah, my arse he is.  What a total wanker!
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 03 Feb 2015, 10:13 pm

Cant stand the twat, he sounded a broken man the other day on the radio, but its harry could all be *&(%$
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Wed 04 Feb 2015, 9:17 am

Bye Bye Twitcher! Twitcher's Gone 1343512671
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Wed 04 Feb 2015, 12:34 pm

Virtual lovefest fro 'Arry on talksport with all the presenters saying such nice things, diamond geezer, real gent, proper legend ect. Strangely nearly all the fans from Saints, west ham, Pompey and QPR had little to say in his favour. QPR fans by and large very happy to be rid of him, only ones singing his praises were the Spuds, but they were a marriage made in heaven!

As for his knee needing immediate surgery, Darren Gough poo pooed that as he has a similar problem and while painful and not very pleasant its not something that needs 'immediate' surgery Twitcher's Gone 3725042725

He'll turn up on MOTD or some other show as chirpy cock-er-ney pundit telling stories with little truth in them. I'd be more inclined to listen to his dog!
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Wed 04 Feb 2015, 5:23 pm

Shame.

Sam to go to QPR next year to get them up.
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Wed 04 Feb 2015, 6:15 pm

Knowing 'Arry there will be a nice little earner of a fall-back position lined up. Probably a part-time director's gaff at Bournemouth with lots of opportunities for fiddling his tax.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 04 Feb 2015, 6:51 pm

Analysis - BBC chief football writer Phil McNulty

"Harry Redknapp looked a beaten man as he explained QPR's failure to secure a selection of transfer deadline day targets such as Emmanuel Adebayor, Aaron Lennon and Matt Jarvis.
    "All this came just hours after what now seems like increasingly significant tweets from QPR chairman Tony Fernandes, one starting with 'no more cheque book' and another declaring 'given the right motivation, tactics and coaching we can achieve much more'.
    "It hinted at Fernandes' worries and, with Redknapp also requiring major knee surgery, the perfect storm came together to end his latest managerial adventure.
    "The 67-year-old got QPR back into the Premier League but 11 straight away defeats hinted at the struggles he was having and no new faces only increased concerns.
    "Fernandes gave Redknapp a strident vote of confidence a fortnight ago - but now Redknapp has made that decision for him."
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Thu 05 Feb 2015, 10:07 am

I find this a difficult one so I'll go out on a limb here... As someone who watched Harry at West Ham in his playing days I used to love him as a player - him on one wing and Johnny Sissons on the other. I know he wasn't a Trevor Brooking or Martin Peters but he was a fast winger who stuck the ball in the box for Hurst and co.

As a manager I have to say the 'Arry years were always fun and we had some memorable games, some fantastic youth coming through (half the future England team) and of course Paolo DiCanio!

Then it all went tits up. I still can't pin all the blame on "H" because, as we all know, Terry "Two-bob" Brown was a pain in the arse and the fans wanted him out. I imagine it was easy for Harry to fall out with him. That said he bought some rubbish players, liked a bung and supposedly manoeuvred Billy Bonds out of his job.

Like everyone I laugh and joke about Harry but I have to say I'm always in two minds about him, to me he was a hammer, he's a bit of an East London geezer and still rather like him!
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 05 Feb 2015, 4:16 pm

I loved the bloke once, but can't stand him now. I used to sing along about having 'arry, 'arry 'arry 'arry redknapp on the wing. He was funny and I remember laughing my socks off at some of his stories in his first autobiography.  But they are old hat now and I've heard them so many times since, with bits added and taken away, that I no longer find them credible. You need a good memory to be a liar. To my mind the youth that came through the Academy was mainly down to Tony Carr. How much Redknapp had to do with it and how many bungs he took on his duff dealings is debateable.  He's fooled the law over his tax affairs, many a football fan and pundit, and thinks he can continue to fool just about anyone else as and when required.  

Well apparently he's survived on his wits too long and people are seeing him for what he is. So now he spits his dummy out and stomps off in a huff whenever he gets rumbled. Maybe that's why I dislike him now, I hate being taken for a mug.
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Thu 05 Feb 2015, 7:50 pm

Yeah, you're right Jiggs, you've swung the jury and I can see it you're way. Bloody con artist is 'Arry.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 05 Feb 2015, 9:45 pm

Thank gawd for that Rich ...... When I saw you'd replied I thought you were gonna tell me off   cheesey grin
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Fri 06 Feb 2015, 7:27 pm

I was such a big Harry redknapp fan once upon a time, for me it's quite sad how my all time fave manager turned into a nob head. 

Funnily enough I do believe him about his knee. 

Don't think he'd have stayed at QPR much longer mind.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content