West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+8
Campo
mottinghammer
Blakey
Tony P
RichB
manurewa hammer
alfiehammer
Arran H
12 posters

Will he or Will he not ......

Arran H
    Reserves

Will he or Will he not ...... Empty Will he or Will he not ......

Post  Arran H Sat 09 May 2015, 10:30 pm

So will he be offered a new contract or Won`t he and should he deserve another contract with us !?!?!?

When you look at this season , we have had arguably one of our most successful season`s we`ve had for a good few years what with a possible Top 10 finish and a place in Europe all be it via the Fair play league but should Sam Allardyce be offered a new contract or should let him go and find someone else to take us to the next level as we go into our final season at Upton Park ahead of our move to the Olympic stadium ?

From the minute he was announce as our manager back in 2011 I`ve never like him and have to admit he did what was asked of him which get us out of the championship all be with a lot of luck against Blackpool in the Play off final and then kept us Up and maintain our premier league status since then but I just don't like his style , his attitude towards us the fans etc so I for one really up the board take notice of what the fans want and that is to get rid of Sam and bring in a New Manager !
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Will he or Will he not ...... Empty Re: Will he or Will he not ......

Post  alfiehammer Sun 10 May 2015, 8:35 pm

Another season I think. Chatting to a spud and Saint at the gym today, it seems we are not the only team who are already mentally on our holidays. The smallish squad doesn't help either. 

I'm not fully happy with sam and deffo have days when I want him gone, but when I calm down I always think, objectively, he should be kept
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Mon 11 May 2015, 4:15 am

alfiehammer wrote:Another season I think. Chatting to a spud and Saint at the gym today, it seems we are not the only team who are already mentally on our holidays. The smallish squad doesn't help either. 

I'm not fully happy with sam and deffo have days when I want him gone, but when I calm down I always think, objectively, he should be kept
    Not to mention the injury list as well Alfie.
    I'm a bit torn between the two opinions, but lean towards keeping him for another season.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Tue 12 May 2015, 5:11 pm

Thing is tho Should the club only offer him a 1 year contract do you think he would reject it or take it ?
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Wed 13 May 2015, 10:53 pm

Arran H wrote:Thing is tho Should the club only offer him a 1 year contract do you think he would reject it or take it ?
    It would have to be a 2 year contract. Surely no one would accept managing the club during the final year atUP and not have the pleasure of walking out at the new stadium.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 14 May 2015, 7:07 am

RichB wrote:
    Arran H wrote:Thing is tho Should the club only offer him a 1 year contract do you think he would reject it or take it ?
    It would have to be a 2 year contract. Surely no one would accept managing the club during the final year atUP and not have the pleasure of walking out at the new stadium.

Allardyce's massive ego would not allow that
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Thu 14 May 2015, 5:44 pm

Up until Christmas I was sitting on the fence. 

Since then I have climbed down and pitched my tent firmly in the Sam Out field. 

I'm sorry but there are only so many times you can blame injuries. There are only so many times you can bore me with the same old bollix week after week after week after week.

It's time for someone new. Fresh face, fresh ideas, fresh methods. Clear out the dead wood, Nolan, CfC, Carroll (sick note as he's otherwise known), bring in some fresh blood.

I'm sure the board will already have targets in mind, ignoring the media hyperbole.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Mon 18 May 2015, 4:28 am

Blakey, don't you think Carroll should get one more season? Nolan and Cole to go along with some others. Thanks and respect to both the latter for their efforts.
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Mon 18 May 2015, 11:25 am

If we can get some one better than BFS then hurrah, the second half of the season has been a disgrace.

Players I would bin:- Nolan, Cole, Jarvis, O'Brien, No one would take Carroll due to his injuries so we are stuck with him. Noble to needs to up his game, being the great white hope of West Ham does not work for me anymore, I stood on the North bank as a lad, doesn't mean I should play for West Ham.

We need to get Jenkinson on a full time deal, if we can get Song's head right and him playing like he did at the start of the season get him as well, his form in the last four months will have put off a lot of the big boys. We need to keep Sakho, Valencia, Kauoyte and Reid away from the Arsenals and Spuds of the world. Adrian may be a target if Manure star a merry-go-round of keepers.

Some of the younger ones coming through need to be given a chance, Burke has done well, who's to say Lee or Oxford couldn't do the same?

We need some decent midfielders to replace Nolan and Jarvis, a RB and at least one more forward who can score more than 1-5.

Other than that I think next season will be fine, honest Will he or Will he not ...... 780148547
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 18 May 2015, 8:30 pm

mottinghammer wrote:If we can get some one better than BFS then hurrah, the second half of the season has been a disgrace.

Players I would bin:- Nolan, Cole, Jarvis, O'Brien, No one would take Carroll due to his injuries so we are stuck with him. Noble to needs to up his game, being the great white hope of West Ham does not work for me anymore, I stood on the North bank as a lad, doesn't mean I should play for West Ham.

We need to get Jenkinson on a full time deal, if we can get Song's head right and him playing like he did at the start of the season get him as well, his form in the last four months will have put off a lot of the big boys. We need to keep Sakho, Valencia, Kauoyte and Reid away from the Arsenals and Spuds of the world. Adrian may be a target if Manure star a merry-go-round of keepers.

Some of the younger ones coming through need to be given a chance, Burke has done well, who's to say Lee or Oxford couldn't do the same?

We need some decent midfielders to replace Nolan and Jarvis, a RB and at least one more forward who can score more than 1-5.

Other than that I think next season will be fine, honest Will he or Will he not ...... 780148547

Agree with most of that Motty

Carroll - I think that genuinely he has been SO unlucky. We are a better side with him in it. More aggression, more energy
    Nolan - he may go if a) BFS goes and  b) he can find a club willing to match his £60,000 per week wages. A great club captain but his legs have gone at this level. Always gives his all when he plays but he is well past his best
    O'Brien - I expect to be sold to Fulham
    Jarvis - I expect to be sold as a) he has been a disappointment b) we don't play wingers and c) he will want regular football
    Cole/Jussi/Demel - all out of contract
    Song - would keep him if the deal is right for us. He will be different player with better midfielders around him and also a pre-season under his belt
    Noble - should not be a regular starter. He slows our play down. He doesn't mark (Osman twice on Saturday just to give you one example) properly; preferring to run around a lot fooling the less aware amongst the crowd. He doesn't fool me
    We need to keep Jenkinson. If Wenger really wants to keep him as 4th choice right back then we should loan him again
    Kouyate/Sakho - both been revelations
    Adrian - getting better but needs a proper No.2 to put pressure on him
    Reid/Tomkins/Collins - all worth keeping obviously. Ginge is getting on and is injury prone but we have Doneil Henry, Reece Burke and Reece Oxford as back-up along with Kouyate if needed
    Valencia - needs to bulk up and get used to the physicality and pace of the PL if he is to succeed
    Downing - play him in the middle and he will produce again
    Zarate - seems to be a bad egg so get rid if he is. If not then with Nolan hopefully gone he can play in his preferred position up front
    Amalfitano - keep as an impact player
    Poyet - either give him games or loan him out
    Lee - same as Poyet
    Nene - Offer him a contract
    Creswell - decent first season but has to learn how to stop crosses coming into our box. Will improve with time and now has a young 20 year old from Hamilton as an understudy
    Maiga - FC Metz have been relegated and as Maiga is on a reported £40,000 per week it looks like we are stuck with him unless we can loan him out again

So, we need a goalkeeper, a goalscorer, a right back, a creative midfield player and another Kouyate-type box-to-box, energetic, powerful midfield player
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 18 May 2015, 11:10 pm

would not mind poaching Richie from Bournemouth but I think they will stick a stupid price on him
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Tue 19 May 2015, 9:06 am

How I've longed for us to have a really good creative midfield player! Break the bank for a good one. And yes a class striker, a reliable right back, and a back up stopper.
    Rb= Tripper
    Keeper= Heaton
    Striker= well, I,m not sure?
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 21 May 2015, 3:50 pm

Teddy has gone to Stevenage (good luck Teddy hatsoff )

and now McDonald is being linked with the managers post at Blackpool

looks like a clear out has begun

edit: Hendon linked with the O's
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Fri 22 May 2015, 4:29 am

Could we not have a quiet word with Mr Advocaat?
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Fri 22 May 2015, 3:39 pm

Blakey wrote:Could we not have a quiet word with Mr Advocaat?
    Urgh  way, orrible sickly drink, and the manager isn't a lot either! Toilet

Looks like BFS is a gonna from all that has been rumoured on the radio today. I just hope that GaS have some one decent sorted to bring in, and not the usual West Ham cluster fupp nonsense we have had in the past Will he or Will he not ...... 2723394577
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 22 May 2015, 5:24 pm

Not sure that I completely trust the owners to bring in the right manager TBH. I still remember the disaster that was Avram Grant
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 22 May 2015, 6:54 pm

Bilic is looking like the fav at the moment
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 23 May 2015, 6:51 am

I know the board wont as it would mean paying compensation etc But one manager I would love us to try and get tho I think we would fail to convince him to leave or even get the club to allow us to speak to him and that would be Brendan Rodgers !

But back to realistic candidates I would say it will be between Bilic or Benitez with me personally hoping it`s Benitez

Whatever happens by Tuesday Sam Allardyce will be out of Job with any Luck as they are supposedly having a meeting Monday to discuss his future
    Will he or Will he not ...... 780148547 That the board get rid of him
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 23 May 2015, 9:59 am

Have to disagree Arran, I think Brendon Rodgers is a fraud of a manager, that bloke can really spend cash on crap
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 23 May 2015, 2:11 pm

What Campo said
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 23 May 2015, 9:39 pm

Super Mario Balotelli is a prime example of the Brendon arrogance
    I will sort out Balotelli said brendon

Played 28 games
    scored 4
    cost £16M

Carlton Cole's strike rate is better than that
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Sun 24 May 2015, 7:56 am

What Tony said about what Campo said

Billic is an unknown quantity. Is that really what we want for next season, knowing what is happening the season after?

I think the Daves will want someone who had the requisite experience of the Premier League.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 24 May 2015, 9:43 am

How persuasive could going into the OS be for an otherwise settled premiership manager, to be tempted away?

Ronald Koeman or Garry Monk anyone?
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 24 May 2015, 9:54 am

If Rafa goes to Madrid that means Ancelotti will be looking for a job and he has already stated a few years ago that he would manage West Ham
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sun 24 May 2015, 10:17 am

Jiggs wrote:How persuasive could going into the OS be for an otherwise settled premiership manager, to be tempted away?

Ronald Koeman or Garry Monk anyone?

Neither of them would touch us with a barge pole, playing better football with clubs who finished higher, would you seriously come to a basket-case like West Ham? However they are the sort of managers I would hope we will be looking at Bilic has no pedigree in the premiership so would be a big risk in a season where we MUST stay up. Benitez would be superb if we could get him, can't see Ancellotti even thinking about us if he gets dumped by Real, he has also intimated that he will take a year off if he goes. No wait that could mean he is coming to us for a year!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 6:57 am