West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

5 posters

Manuel ‘The Jewel’ Lanzini signs

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Manuel ‘The Jewel’ Lanzini signs  Empty Manuel ‘The Jewel’ Lanzini signs

Post  Campo Wed 22 Jul 2015, 4:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Manuel ‘The Jewel’ Lanzini signs  Lanzinisignstop.jpg?width=978&height=550&ext=
    Arran H
    Reserves

Manuel ‘The Jewel’ Lanzini signs  Empty Re: Manuel ‘The Jewel’ Lanzini signs

Post  Arran H Thu 23 Jul 2015, 7:06 am

I hope I`m proved wrong but I have a horrible feeling this is going to be another Luis Jimenez , Meant to be really good etc but turn out rubbish
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 23 Jul 2015, 7:18 am

Arran H wrote:I hope I`m proved wrong but I have a horrible feeling this is going to be another Luis Jimenez , Meant to be really good etc but turn out rubbish
     He was used as a sub a few times for Argentina during the recent Copa America. When you consider that they can call upon a wealth of talent he must have something. Let's hope so eh?
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Thu 23 Jul 2015, 8:36 am

Tony P wrote:
    Arran H wrote:I hope I`m proved wrong but I have a horrible feeling this is going to be another Luis Jimenez , Meant to be really good etc but turn out rubbish
     He was used as a sub a few times for Argentina during the recent Copa America. When you consider that they can call upon a wealth of talent he must have something. Let's hope so eh?

I must admit that was my reaction too but what tony said is good to know too.

Does anyone know if we have first option with a set amount on him? My other worry is in case he turns out decent, he'll end up signings for spuds or Everton
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Thu 23 Jul 2015, 9:06 am

I guess we can only wait and hope he turns out to be a very good signing and I presume the fact we have an option to make it permanent means we should get first option to buy him at a set price before any other clubs do

I like how Bilic is trying to sign attacking "footballing players" who can play nice attacking passing football , and good to see in the pre-season games as well that we are trying to pass the ball around more even from the back which good and as time goes on we will only get better at
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Thu 23 Jul 2015, 9:22 am

We could have added Pablo Barrera and savio nsereke to that list. Clubs are always trying to find the next big star. It's great PR. But there's nothing else to do but keep trying or give up and go home.

It's ironic that we've had Ferdinsnd, carrick, Defoe and Joe Cole were the ones who actually made it and they came from the academy rather then being transferred in
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Thu 23 Jul 2015, 6:40 pm

I hope its a good omen - River Plate were my second Subbuteo team when I was a lad.... We keep signing these exotic young playmakers and most of 'em turn out to be duds, but sooner or later we must turn up a good'un, surely? Be a bit of a shock going from playing up the Gulf to playing in a UK winter - I reckon he'll have tights, gloves and probably a woolly hat as well.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 24 Jul 2015, 6:59 am

Argentinians have more of a European attitude and fortitude than their counterparts and therefore, IMO, have a better chance of success

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024, 3:38 am