West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+3
Tony P
Arran H
Jiggs
7 posters

West Ham v Everton

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

West Ham v Everton Empty West Ham v Everton

Post  Jiggs Sat 07 Nov 2015, 5:06 am

Saturday 7 November 15:00
    Barclays Premier League
    Boleyn Ground

West Ham v Everton WestHam.png.aspx?width=200&height=200&ext=West Ham United EvertonWest Ham v Everton Everton.png.aspx?width=200&height=200&ext=

West Ham host Everton on Saturday looking to bounce back from their first loss in seven games 
    against Watford last weekend. The Hammers are sixth in the Premier League after 11 games, 
    and could go as high as third with a victory at Upton Park.

Everton, who beat Sunderland 6-2 last time out, are four points behind in ninth place, and 
    go in search of their third away success of the campaign. 
    The Toffees won both fixtures last season by a 2-1 scoreline,
    but were defeated in the FA Cup third round on penalties at Upton Park. 

Team news

West Ham striker Diafra Sakho will miss the visit of Everton due to a thigh injury. 
    Defenders Winston Reid (knee) and Angelo Ogbonna (hamstring) are fit after spells out, 
    and one of them will replace the suspended James Collins at centre-back. 
    Midfielder Alex Song will not be involved, but he has been pencilled in for a friendly next week to build 
    up his match-fitness following a summer ankle operation.

Bryan Oviedo will have to come out of Everton's starting line-up against West Ham, but 
    Leighton Baines is not yet fit enough to replace him.  
    19-year-old Brendan Galloway may have to fill in at left-back once more.

West Ham United haven't won back to back home Premier League games since December 2014.

Everton have lost just two of their last nine Barclays Premier League away games (W4 D3 L2).

Romelu Lukaku has scored in all six of his appearances for Everton against West Ham 
    (in all competitions), netting in four PL games and two FA Cup fixtures. West Ham v Everton 2640546436  

Mauro Zarate has scored in both of his Premier League appearances against Everton.

Everton have won 10 and lost none of the last 14 Premier League matches against the Hammers. West Ham v Everton 2723394577   

There have been three red cards in the last three Premier League meetings between 
    West Ham and Everton at the Boleyn Ground.
    Arouna Kone has scored five goals from just seven shots on target 
    in the Premier League this season.

Merson's prediction

There will be goals in this one. Both teams will have a go but they'll also be open at the back. 
    It makes for an entertaining game. I'm sure West Ham won't present Everton with as many 
    chances as Sunderland did, but the Toffees are still a threat regardless. West Ham aren't the 
    same side when they start with Andy Carroll. He hasn't got the pace Sakho has to 
    get in behind and I think he's better suited as an impact player from the bench. 

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-2 
    Arran H
    Reserves

West Ham v Everton Empty Re: West Ham v Everton

Post  Arran H Sat 07 Nov 2015, 8:04 am

I just know Bilic will but I really hope he learns from his mistake last week and does NOT start with Carroll , I would start with Velancia and Zarate and then bring Carroll on later in the game like the Chelsea game
    I cant see us getting anything of todays game Tbh not with Lukaku starting but I guess Bilic seems to be a person who likes breaking records ie Liverpool n Arsenal and the City game so who knows we may get our first win since 2007
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 07 Nov 2015, 9:50 am

Without Sakho again I have a bad feeling about this one. If we start with Carroll then the runs that Payet and Lanzini look for will just not be there - like at Watford. Therefore we will not stretch the Everton defence like we would if Sakho was there :-(

We only have one win against Everton in 17 games (penalties in the FA Cup don't count) and don't seem to be able to cope with Lukaku or Mirallas

A draw would be a good result
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 07 Nov 2015, 11:42 am

I hate this fixture and Lukaku ......... 

Kone also must be kept in line and Martinez needs to be gagged ...... 

COYI
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 07 Nov 2015, 12:35 pm

A tough one, I'll be content with a point. Agreed about Carroll, he's best wheeled out when the opposition are getting tired - I think the egg-chasers call it an "impact player". Anyway, in Bilic we trust, and anything can happen with this team this season.

COME ON YOU IRONS!! WH Flag
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 07 Nov 2015, 2:53 pm

I think Carroll is just fine as a stater, as long as the team is properly set up/prepared to play that different style of football (an no, not necessarily long ball). If they try and play like Carroll is sakho then it won't work. Besides, I reckon Carroll owes us one after last weeks cock up.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 07 Nov 2015, 6:29 pm

Happy with a point , But Lukaku`s run of scoring against us continues
    How their player only got a Yellow for that nasty challenge from behind on Payet which resulted in Payet having to go off is beyond me scratch
    Cracking goal by Lanzini as well and overall we played quite well I think in what was a entertaining end to end close game between two sides trying to play the "Right" way

Just hope that both Payet and Valencia are both fit for the run of games after this international break !

And Our next game is against the Shit from shite hart lane
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 07 Nov 2015, 8:36 pm

So a draw was a good result in the end, but such a shame.  Our isty bitzy, teeny weeny, little Argentine Lanzini scored a sublime goal.  It drew rapturous applause from our fans, and gasps for breath as it was re-run on the big screen.

Winston Reid with a fantastic return performance and my man of the match.  Apart from Lukaku having a feeble shot earlier, Winston stuck to him and blocked everything on it's way to him,  right up until he finally managed to get his customary goal against us.

Then the cynical foul on Payet, resulting in him being substituted with Valencia, who in turn was substituted about 20 minutes later, unfortunate.  Athough Zarate did everything to try and score, it made the game seem more even now, whilst we had edged it beforehand.

The officials were a bit poop ..... made some puzzling decisions.  Everton are a dirty team.

International breaks are a pain in the arse, especially for friendlies, but next weeks couldn't have come at a better time.   

Get well very soon, Dimirti and Enner.
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sat 07 Nov 2015, 9:47 pm

We were sitting in front of the most negative hammers fans I've ever heard.

Slating Carroll from the off even when the play was nothing to do with him.  One of them even said "we keep smashing it to Carroll and its getting us no where get him off".....personally I cant remember smashing it to him at all. As soon as Valencia came on and ran off Carroll he bought one down turned and played him in....simples.

I do wonder who some of our fans think they are watching with a couple of shouts of "come on West Ham we are supposed to be at home" quote of the day came from the bloke behind in the 93rd minute who said "id take a point now"
    rofl smiley

I'm sure they'd have blamed Carroll for Payet giving the ball away for their goal if they could have.

I kept looking at the clock leading up to half time thinking "just keep the ball for a couple more minutes"

A point against our bogey side is a plus for me.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 08 Nov 2015, 10:37 am

Disappointed with a draw. we should have won.

Midfield gave the ball away again and they scored just before half time.

We seemed to luck punch up front and played too deeply.

Ref let Everton get away with a number of bad tackle from behind in first half which if he had pulled them up for might have change this game to our advantage.

Still work in progress for Bilic which I'm sure he has in hand.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 11:33 am