West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+3
Arran H
Charlie Ham
Jiggs
7 posters

Manchester United V West Ham United

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Manchester United V West Ham United Empty Manchester United V West Ham United

Post  Jiggs Fri 04 Dec 2015, 5:14 pm

Manchester United V West Ham United 210Manchester United V West HamManchester United V West Ham United 367

Venue: Old Trafford Date: Saturday, 5 December

TEAM NEWS  Manchester United are without striker Wayne Rooney because of an ankle injury, while Marcos Rojo is out with a dislocated shoulder.
    Jesse Lingard returns after a minor hamstring problem, but Ander Herrera and Phil Jones remain unavailable.
    West Ham striker Diafra Sakho (thigh) will be sidelined for three months and is set to be replaced by Andy Carroll.
    Midfielder Mark Noble and defender James Collins are both available after completing suspensions.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Steve Bower: "While the 'style' debate continues about Manchester United, it is difficult to argue with the facts.
    "They are unbeaten at home this season and no visiting team has managed to score at Old Trafford in the last five games in all competitions.
    "But the big question is how threatening will United be going forward?
    "They will be wary of West Ham - who have won at Arsenal, Manchester City and Liverpool already, although those victories were all inspired by Dimitri Payet
    "With Diafra Sakho joining Payet on the injury list, the challenge of getting another headline-grabbing result has become even tougher."

LAWRO'S PREDICTION

This is a tough time for West Ham - after a great start to the season they have now gone four games without a win.
    I just don't see them getting anything at Old Trafford. Manchester United are a functional team rather than a frightening one, but they keep churning out good results.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal on potential reinforcements: "We are looking but it is not so easy to buy players and in January it is more difficult. We are looking but it is not for sure.
    "We have six injuries most of which are contact injuries.
    "You cannot avoid those because football is a sport with direct resistance. We are unlucky I have to say."
    West Ham manager Slaven Bilic: "I don't find [Manchester United] boring - they are hard to beat.
    "I watch them a lot and every game they have more chances and more ball possession than the opponent, and in every game the opponent has only one or two chances.
    "They're different from the Alex Ferguson era where they were quicker, more electric, and bombarding the box. They are winning and not conceding goals."

Head-to-head

MATCH FACTS

• Manchester United have taken 35 points from their last 13 Premier League games against West Ham (W11, D2).
    • West Ham have won just two of their last 22 league games at Old Trafford - they lost the other 20.
    • The Irons have scored 10 goals in 19 Premier League games at Old Trafford and never more than one in a single game.

Manchester United

• United and Tottenham are the only sides yet to lose a Premier League home match this season.
    • The Red Devils have lost just one of their last 10 Premier League matches (W6, D3).
    • Louis van Gaal's side have kept clean sheets in five successive home games in league and cup.
    • They have lost just one of their last 14 Premier League home games (W10, D3) - that was May's 1-0 defeat by West Brom.

West Ham United

• The Hammers have taken two points from the last 12 available.
    • They have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last nine league games - the longest current streak in the top flight.
    • Slaven Bilic's side have scored in all but one of their Premier League games this term, a record bettered only by Leicester.
    • Mauro Zarate has scored in three of his four Premier League starts for West Ham this season.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Manchester United V West Ham United Empty Re: Manchester United V West Ham United

Post  Charlie Ham Fri 04 Dec 2015, 6:05 pm

After watching last week do not hold out a lot of hope here.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Manchester United V West Ham United Empty Re: Manchester United V West Ham United

Post  Arran H Fri 04 Dec 2015, 6:48 pm

What with Payet , Sakho and Valencia all injured I just cant see us producing another shock win tomorrow
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Fri 04 Dec 2015, 7:12 pm

Let's not forget that Noble and Tomkins are back   Manchester United V West Ham United 1803945174
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 04 Dec 2015, 7:14 pm

Jiggs wrote:Let's not forget that Noble and Tomkins are back   Manchester United V West Ham United 1803945174
    And AC. It will be like watching an Allardyce team :-(
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Fri 04 Dec 2015, 9:39 pm

As long as Carroll starts up there with someone next to him to work with i'll be happy.

If its him or Jelavic up there on their own then I can only see it being a very painful afternoon.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 05 Dec 2015, 11:22 am

Kray JR wrote:As long as Carroll starts up there with someone next to him to work with i'll be happy.

If its him or Jelavic up there on their own then I can only see it being a very painful afternoon.

stupid
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 05 Dec 2015, 4:53 pm

Good away point considering our injury woes. Lanzini injured in training yesterday and Moses went off with a pulled hamstring during the game today. Solid performance by all 14 players. Winston Reid MoM though. Simply outstanding
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 05 Dec 2015, 5:56 pm

As Tony Said above , Considering we lost Lanzini yesterday and Moses during the game today we did very well to get a point BUT going by BBC Final Score they were saying we should of scored at least 3 goals after hitting the post twice and Zarate missing that chance in the 2nd half but a point away at Old Trafford is a good point and keeps us 6th for now at least

Just hope that Lanzini`s injury isn't a bad one that he is fit for next weekend and shame about Moses but I guess we will now get to see Antonio
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 05 Dec 2015, 6:17 pm

I missed the game today, but enjoying the good vibes coming from all of you  hatsoff
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 05 Dec 2015, 11:52 pm

Arran H wrote:As Tony Said above , Considering we lost Lanzini yesterday and Moses during the game today we did very well to get a point BUT going by BBC Final Score they were saying we should of scored at least 3 goals after hitting the post twice and Zarate missing that chance in the 2nd half but a point away at Old Trafford is a good point and keeps us 6th for now at least

Just hope that Lanzini`s injury isn't a bad one that he is fit for next weekend and shame about Moses but I guess we will now get to see Antonio

4 if you include the Moses 1 on 1 that he fluffed
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 06 Dec 2015, 8:27 am

Was working and had an appointment and followed it the best I can, but certainly very pleased with that point. Injury situation a nightmare though

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 11:19 am