West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

5 posters

Is FIFA finished?

SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Is FIFA finished? Empty Is FIFA finished?

Post  SemiOldIron Thu 10 Dec 2015, 11:11 am

Don't know how many of you watched this weeks Panorama programme about FIFA, but I was sitting in front of the telly cheering the old boy who has been trying to expose the corruption for the past 15 years and finally is watching them get nailed. But where does international football go from here? Personally, when the FBI finally present the proof that the World Cups for Russia and Qatar were bought, as I believe they will, I think the FA should have the balls to take a lead and withdraw from both competitions, in the hope that we get some support from individual European football associations. UEFA has been too close to FIFA not to get dirty hands, but it is at least salvageable with a good clean out, at least there are some straight people like David Gill in there
    IMO, FIFA is finished, but they just don't realise it yet - its like a chicken still running around with its head cut off. Currently, everything that Splatter and his mates have set up is still generating money, and I'm sure the Africans and South Americans can't believe they won't be able to get their hands back on it again. They are never going to vote for proper reform because they are all convinced that the gravy train can be put back on the rails again, but somehow we have to ensure that it is not.
    The only influence that folks like us have on this situation is via the major sponsors, it is their money pouring into FIFA's coffers. E-mail the marketing departments of McDonalds, Coca Cola, Nike and the like, and tell them that their continued association with FIFA tarnishes their image. Sign on-line petitions whereever you can find them. If enough people do it , they will take notice. Do it, for the sake of the game.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Is FIFA finished? Empty Re: Is FIFA finished?

Post  Jiggs Fri 11 Dec 2015, 7:23 pm

Well said  clap
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 11 Dec 2015, 8:23 pm

I have never played FIFA so I can't really comment   Is FIFA finished? 2558091538
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 11 Dec 2015, 8:48 pm

I did not watch the prog and I fear i would have needed a new TV afterwards, that lot really do wind me up
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Tue 22 Dec 2015, 9:29 am

Eight-year bans now for Blatter and Platini. And that was handed out by people they had worked with for years!God knows what the courts will do to them. Lubbly jubbly!!
    Looking at the remaining list of candidates for FIFA president, it's difficult to see how any of that lot are going to put things right. I think the Swiss government have to bite the bullet and do what you do when your computer goes screwy - shut it down, then start it up again.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Thu 24 Dec 2015, 5:53 am

SemiOldIron wrote:Eight-year bans now for Blatter and Platini. And that was handed out by people they had worked with for years!God knows what the courts will do to them. Lubbly jubbly!!
    Looking at the remaining list of candidates  for FIFA president, it's difficult to see how any of that lot are going to put things right. I think the Swiss government have to bite the bullet and do what you do when your computer goes screwy - shut it down, then start it up again.
    Ah the old turn it off at the wall, wait 30 seconds and turn it on again eh! Yep needs a new start, disband Fifa, and restart with a new organisation, with good people at the helm.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 10:13 pm