West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+3
Kray JR
mottinghammer
Jiggs
7 posters

West Ham V Liverpool

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

West Ham V Liverpool Empty West Ham V Liverpool

Post  Jiggs Fri 01 Jan 2016, 10:38 pm

West Ham V Liverpool 367West Ham  V  LiverpoolWest Ham V Liverpool 155

TEAM NEWS

Dimitri Payet has been named in West Ham's squad after two months out with an ankle injury.
    Aaron Cresswell faces a fitness test on his hamstring, while Nikica Jelavic, Winston Reid and Victor Moses are all back in training but not ready to play.
    Liverpool have injury-prone striker Daniel Sturridge available following a recent hamstring problem.
    Jordan Henderson suffered a setback on his return in midweek, while James Milner and Divock Origi are again out.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

West Ham manager Slaven Bilic: "Liverpool are contenders to win the league, like the other teams above them. If they have a good run, of course they can win it.
    "Jurgen Klopp has been a boost for the Premier League. All the big clubs wanted to take him. He is good for the league. Expectations are high."
    Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp on turning down West Ham last summer: "I'm a lucky guy so there was a lot of interest from different clubs. If West Ham will talk about this then they can do it.
    "In the summer I was not available. I was sure I needed a few days for myself without thinking too much about football. That's what I did.
    "It's a really good club but it was the wrong time for all the clubs, so nothing to do with West Ham or what I think about West Ham."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• West Ham have won two of their last three meetings with Liverpool, including the reverse fixture in August, which they won 3-0 at Anfield - their first league win there since 1963.
    • The Hammers last did the double over Liverpool in the 1963-64 season.
    • Liverpool have won on seven of their last 10 visits to Upton Park, with the Hammers winning the other three.
    • West Ham have scored inside the opening three minutes in two of the last three meetings between the clubs.

West Ham

• West Ham have drawn five of their last six league matches.
    • They are unbeaten in six, the joint-longest current such run in the top flight.
    • West Ham lost their first two home league games but have not been beaten in any of the subsequent seven (W3, D4).
    • Slaven Bilic's side have conceded only nine second half goals, the fewest in the division.
    • Andy Carroll scored six goals in 44 Premier League appearances for Liverpool.
    • The Hammers took 21 points and scored 23 goals from 12 games before Dmitri Payet was injured, as opposed to just eight points and five goals in seven games without him.

Liverpool

• Liverpool have won each of their last two fixtures. They are yet to win three successive Premier League games under Jurgen Klopp.
    • They have recorded five 1-0 league victories, a total only West Bromwich Albion can match.
    • Liverpool have scored 11 goals and conceded 11 both home and away this season.
    • The Reds have won just six of the 13 matches played against sides below them in the table (D4, L3).
    • Liverpool are unbeaten in three matches played in London in 2015-16 (W1, D2).
    • No goalkeeper kept more Premier League clean sheets in 2015 than Simon Mignolet, who recorded 16.
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

West Ham V Liverpool Empty Re: West Ham V Liverpool

Post  mottinghammer Sat 02 Jan 2016, 2:05 pm

Looking good so far,  2-0 up after 55 mins,  Antonio after 10, Carroll after 55. Both headers, only downside is Lanzini off in first half with a thigh injury. COYI's
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sat 02 Jan 2016, 3:29 pm

Excellent result first double over the bin dippers since 1963-4, two good goals,  Payet back,  clean sheet and we move above them in the table. 

Been a cracking year so far:run:
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sat 02 Jan 2016, 10:09 pm

West Ham V Liverpool 1518089606
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 03 Jan 2016, 2:32 am

undefeated for the whole of 2016 (so far)

decent performance... great to see payed back in action. Collins played a blinder... Lansing supposedly out for a couple of months, Valencia was hobbling a bit so don't be surprised if he misses some games.

Great to keep a clean sheet.
    Could have won by more

funny how people's perspectives change... the commentaries have gone from 'haven't won in 6' to "haven't lost in 8" - just on the back of 2 victories.

Still... all looking good... victories against two decent opponents, although the 'pool were definitely off their game today.

Just hope Palace don't get a victory against Chelsea... although we don't want Chelsea to get a result against Palace... oh football...
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 03 Jan 2016, 11:36 am

What a difference 5 days makes !! At half time on Monday we were 0-1 down to Southampton and it could have been worse. Had the game finished at that scoreline we would have been 12th. Instead we turned it around and finished the day in 7th. Looking up instead of down

Not sure if it was by design but we conceded possession to Liverpool yesterday and played the game like the away side; hitting Liverpool on the counter. It worked perfectly. We defended superbly; led again by Ginge and in the end won quite comfortably. The only negative was the recurrence of Lanzini's injury which could see him sidelined for 4-6 weeks (according to David Gold's Twitter feed)

Two great crosses by Valencia & Noble for the goals and we could have had more. It was great to see Payet back and looking as sublime as ever. A superb disguised pass to Cresswell which, but for a great save by Mignolet, would have been our 3rd goal and another perfectly weighted & times pass for Kouyate to run onto near the end. Add into that a nutmeg and piss-take over by the chicken run and it softens the blow of losing Lanzini somewhat

Bilic has a big decision to make regarding team selection for the Wolves game on Saturday as we have Bournemouth away in the league on the following Tuesday. We could start with Randolph, Jenkinson, Reid, Tomkins (Oxford), Hendrie, Obiang, Song, Oxford (Noble), Zarate, Payet & Jelavic. A strong enough line-up which would give Bilic the chance to rest some players and only bring them on if necessary

We are firmly looking up now and given the squad we have, the team spirit that seems to exist and the unpredictability of the PL this season, a top four finish, although difficult, is by no means impossible

COYI !!
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sun 03 Jan 2016, 2:21 pm

Tony P wrote:What a difference 5 days makes !! At half time on Monday we were 0-1 down to Southampton and it could have been worse. Had the game finished at that scoreline we would have been 12th. Instead we turned it around and finished the day in 7th. Looking up instead of down

Not sure if it was by design but we conceded possession to Liverpool yesterday and played the game like the away side; hitting Liverpool on the counter. It worked perfectly. We defended superbly; led again by Ginge and in the end won quite comfortably. The only negative was the recurrence of Lanzini's injury which could see him sidelined for 4-6 weeks (according to David Gold's Twitter feed)

Two great crosses by Valencia & Noble for the goals and we could have had more. It was great to see Payet back and looking as sublime as ever. A superb disguised pass to Cresswell which, but for a great save by Mignolet, would have been our 3rd goal and another perfectly weighted & times pass for Kouyate to run onto near the end. Add into that a nutmeg and piss-take over by the chicken run and it softens the blow of losing Lanzini somewhat

Bilic has a big decision to make regarding team selection for the Wolves game on Saturday as we have Bournemouth away in the league on the following Tuesday. We could start with Randolph, Jenkinson, Reid, Tomkins (Oxford), Hendrie, Obiang, Song, Oxford (Noble), Zarate, Payet & Jelavic. A strong enough line-up which would give Bilic the chance to rest some players and only bring them on if necessary

We are firmly looking up now and given the squad we have, the team spirit that seems to exist and the unpredictability of the PL this season, qa top four finish, although difficult, is by no means impossible

COYI !!
    Hush your mouth! And learn your place in the world only Le Arse, Manure, Cheats, Citeh and maybe spuds and the bindippers should finish in those places!! We, Liecester, Watford and the other 'smaller' teams should be grateful that we are in such exalted company! 

Hopefully, we will see that the worm has turned now and the premier league will get stronger if more teams can compete against the 'big' clubs, a top sixfinish and a good cup run to see us out of our  old home would be a great way to start at the OS.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 03 Jan 2016, 3:57 pm

Basingstoke game was called of so watched this in the clubhouse, I left a happy Hammer early evening West Ham V Liverpool 2796379495
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Mon 04 Jan 2016, 8:53 am

Splendid result - and so many plusses. Carroll doing what he does best, Payet back and straight back to form, Ginge playing out of his skin, Antonio starting to look real class. This is such a weird season and such a volatile league we could still end up in the top six or the bottom six, but it's all looking good at the moment! West Ham V Liverpool 276048800
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Mon 04 Jan 2016, 5:00 pm

'Funny old game Saint', for those of a certain age! Strange we do the double over the poo for the first time in many on here's lifetime, play really well and the game thread doesn't even reach two pages? Or are we turning into cheats fans expecting wins against these 'big' teams? West Ham V Liverpool 1626210847
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Mon 04 Jan 2016, 9:30 pm

Facebook is killing us football forums off Motty.  Most times it's all said over there Sad

But  the game was fantastic apart from the injury to Lanzini.  A superb display by the whole team, and sticking it down the bin dippers throats was a joy.

I must say, that after we scored the first goal, I never once had the feeling that we would lose.  That's not something I've felt too often in the past watching the 'ammers!  Long may it continue.

I've just read that Payet said  
    Dimitri Payet wrote:"I had shivers down my spine during the warm up before I came on. 
    Then that ovation - I had tears in my eyes"

Bless him, Long may he reign.   heart
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Mon 04 Jan 2016, 9:52 pm

I see what you mean Jiggs,  I seem to go on fb less and less (did go on there today,  that little vid from bt sport brought a tear to  my eye!) 
    It will be a shame if this goes been on here since way back in the old planet football days,  has been wonderful for keeping me involved with West Ham now I'm in the Independent Republic  of Narrfolkshire,  and of course I've  met some cracking peeps, especially you (brown nosing at its best) x
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Mon 04 Jan 2016, 10:53 pm

Working in Liverpool tomorrow morning - I thought, " Shall I wear my scarf?" Chickened out though, I need all four wheels on me car.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Mon 04 Jan 2016, 11:06 pm

mottinghammer wrote:I see what you mean Jiggs,  I seem to go on fb less and less (did go on there today,  that little vid from bt sport brought a tear to  my eye!) 
    It will be a shame if this goes been on here since way back in the old planet football days,  has been wonderful for keeping me involved with West Ham now I'm in the Independent Republic  of Narrfolkshire,  and of course I've  met some cracking peeps, especially you (brown nosing at its best) x

Excellent brown nosing, and extra points for reminding me I must put that little vid on here.  Sometimes it's a must
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Mon 04 Jan 2016, 11:09 pm

SemiOldIron wrote:Working in Liverpool tomorrow morning - I thought, " Shall I wear my scarf?" Chickened out though, I need all four wheels on me car.

I think you should take it, hidden under your seat and hang it from your window as you zoom away scarf

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 6:00 am