West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+2
SemiOldIron
Admin
6 posters

West Ham United FC v Squirts

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

West Ham United FC v Squirts  Empty West Ham United FC v Squirts

Post  Admin Wed 02 Mar 2016, 4:42 pm

West Ham United FC v Squirts  WH%20v%20Spuds_zpsoudzipnu

Tottenham will make a late decision on Dele Alli's fitness ahead of their crunch game at London rivals West Ham on Wednesday.
    Alli will be assessed on Wednesday morning after he kicked the ground during the warm-up before Spurs' win over Swansea on Sunday.
    Spurs are looking for their seventh straight win in the Premier League, as they chase a first top-flight title since 1961. 

Pochettino's side romped to victory in this fixture at White Hart Lane earlier in the season, with Harry Kane scoring twice in a 4-1 win.
    Slaven Bilic's side sit sixth in the Premier League, and returned to winning ways on Saturday, beating Sunderland 1-0 at Upton Park.
    Team news
    Diafra Sakho could be added to the West Ham squad for Wednesday's derby clash.
    The Senegalese striker has been out since November with a thigh injury but is back in training and will be assessed in the run-up to kick-off as Bilic's sixth-placed side attempt to halt the charge of their London rivals.
    While Sakho should be back in the fold, the Hammers are still without Winston Reid, Joey O'Brien (both hamstring), James Tomkins (calf) and Enner Valencia (ankle). Sam Byram will also sit out though suspension.

For Spurs, Tom Carroll is back after recovering from an Achilles injury but Mousa Dembele (groin), Clinton Njie (knee) and Jan Vertonghen (knee) are all out.
    Merson's predictions
    This could be the hardest game Tottenham have got left to play this season (I know they play a North London Derby on Saturday - but if Arsenal play like they did at Old Trafford, they'll get turned over). Every West Ham fan does not want Tottenham to win the Premier League, and the atmosphere will be like a cup final on Wednesday night.
    Mark Noble was on The Fantasy Football Club recently saying the atmosphere against Liverpool was phenomenal - and I think this will be the same. The best I can see Tottenham coming away with is a draw. There's not a lot between these teams on their day and I can't believe the bookies have got West Ham at 3/1 to win at home.
    PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

West Ham United FC v Squirts  Empty Re: West Ham United FC v Squirts

Post  Admin Wed 02 Mar 2016, 7:21 pm

Starting XI: Adrian, Antonio, Collins, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Obiang, Noble (c), Kouyate, Lanzini, Payet, Emenike.

Subs: Randolph (GK), Song, Carroll, Sakho, Oxford, Henry, Dobson.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 02 Mar 2016, 7:54 pm

Now that was a goal . Get in there my son
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 02 Mar 2016, 8:18 pm

Anyone else thinks that Kane looks like the Lone Ranger ?
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Wed 02 Mar 2016, 9:29 pm

Oh dear God, six minutes to go... HANG IN THERE!!! scarf
    Stevenage Dave
    Stevenage Dave
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stevenage Dave Wed 02 Mar 2016, 9:30 pm

Bad for my ticker, this...
    Stevenage Dave
    Stevenage Dave
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stevenage Dave Wed 02 Mar 2016, 9:40 pm

Oh yes  scarf
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Wed 02 Mar 2016, 9:46 pm

YEESSS!!! FUPPIN'BRILLIANT!! West Ham United FC v Squirts  1343512671  West Ham United FC v Squirts  2901933171  West Ham United FC v Squirts  276048800

The last game at the Boleyn... AND WE HAD 'EM!!!  Right Levy, take your sorry band of posers and ponces back to Shite House Lane  ... your next stuffing will be at the OLYMPIC STADIUM!! West Ham United FC v Squirts  830028484

P.S. If you got the impression I don't like the Spurts.... you are quite correct. hatsoff
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Thu 03 Mar 2016, 10:12 am

My last league game at the Boleyn, fantastic atmosphere, great to sit in my old sear with all the people I sat with for many years and to be made so welcome (but thats West Ham). 
    Superb first half, not one player looked bad in any way, Antonio is some player, his energy, commitment and skill were superb all done playing  g out of position. Mark Noble looks twice the player he was even a year ago and looks like a proper captain, his strike not long after the goal was superb and deserved a goal, but what a save by Loris. Ginge looked immense at the back, hopefully his injury is not bad as he is another having a new lease of life. Payet was a real thorn in their sides first half but faded out of the game in tbe second, but we were more on the back foot (a little)  in the second. 
    A real team performance, everybody ensuring Spurs never got the chance to play and making them look very average, i don't  t think Adrian had  one real shot to save and they, for the most part,  were shooting from way outside the 18yd box because of our great  defending. 
    According to my son-in-law there was a bit of a ruck before the game with missiles being thrown at each other, but I thought the atmosphere was the  best I've seen for a number of years, and the spuds in the Sir Trevor Brooking lower were very quiet all game (lovely when a plan comes together). 
    Tried to see Jiggs Abbi and co but couldnt see you where you used to sit, I'll try and get in the supporter's club before the Mn testimonial, to see you chaps one last time before the move, have had a chat with Mrs M about renewing my season ticket, or at least going on the waiting list,  she wasnt opposed,  so I'll keep everything crossed for next season!!! 
    West Ham United FC v Squirts  1343512671 West Ham United FC v Squirts  1518089606 scarf West Ham United FC v Squirts  1289607003
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 03 Mar 2016, 9:40 pm

When I came out of Upton Park Station you could feel the tension in the air and I saw more Police than you could poke a stick at!  The Police dogs were still in their cages, but were chomping at the bit and barking like mad to be released. They felt the tension also I believe, or their handlers had wound them up somehow.  Green Street was gridlocked and it took me 35 minutes to get to the ground, although we sang all the way.  I phoned Mark to see if you were in the supps Motty so we could have a chat,  but they had already left. Sad

Once inside the stadium, I continued rocking with the rest.  The atmosphere was electric, and it stayed the same throughout, except for some unusual silent moments as our players were attempting to get into a good position to cross balls. It reminded me of the Crucible, watching snooker, allowing the player to concentrate.  Weird in a game of football, but such was the will to win.  

Antonio did it again, the early goal relaxing us somewhat after a frenzied celebration.  Billic had set up the team with defending in mind, and boy did they produce.  Ginge won just about everything and the combined defensive effort, frustrated the Squirts to the point of them having to foul time and time again. The pinpoint crosses to threaten on the break were working a treat and all in all we stopped  the opposition from having a shot at goal in the first half.  We would have had the all important second goal , but Lloris made the save from Mark Noble's thundering shot from long range and had Emenike kept himself onside.

They were better in the second, but we still had them covered all over the pitch, they so didn't like it up 'em!  I lost my bottle a bit when Ginge went off injured, but I needn't have, Reece Oxford taking over brilliantly.  If their supporters thought they were going to have it easier with only a 17 year old novice to beat, they were in for a rude awakening ..... Lol.

I can't pick a man of the match, it was given to Antonio but I presumed because he scored the winner.  Other than that they were all magnificent, running their Jacobs off right until the end.  I have to give Mark Noble a shout though. Captain Marvel he was. Surely no one will be disagreeing with me this time.   

We can thank the Heavens we didn't have to listen to that lot crowing on about being top of the league.....  cheesey grin
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 03 Mar 2016, 9:58 pm

Obiang was my MoM but they were all magnificent. Cresswell less so !!

Great atmospherer. Great result

I LOVE West Ham !
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Fri 04 Mar 2016, 4:25 pm

So do I

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 2:07 pm