West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+2
Campo
Jiggs
6 posters

Leicester V West Ham

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Leicester V West Ham Empty Leicester V West Ham

Post  Jiggs Sat 31 Dec 2016, 1:01 pm

Leicester V West Ham 152  V  Leicester V West Ham 367

TEAM NEWS

Robert Huth and Christian Fuchs are available for Leicester after serving their one-match bans.
    Jamie Vardy is still suspended but Riyad Mahrez is set to return after being left out of the team for the Boxing Day defeat by Everton.
    West Ham midfielder Pedro Obiang is back in the squad after serving a suspension.
    Defender James Collins could be involved after missing several games with a muscular injury.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Simon Brotherton: "Leicester's summer of celebration has been followed by the mother of all hangovers that stubbornly refuses to clear and leaves them sitting just three points above the relegation zone as the year draws to a close.
    "Claudio Ranieri's team have shown glimpses of their quality recently against Manchester City and Stoke, but are in real danger of being dragged into a full-blown relegation battle.
    "West Ham's man of the match when I saw them against Hull a couple of weeks ago was the post (as voted by fans on the club's Twitter account), but they won that day and have found the sort of form recently that Leicester currently crave.
    "A win here would be their fourth in a row and add to the champions' collective headache."

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri: "I forgot 2016 already. My mind is on 31 December against West Ham.
    "That is my life and I hope my players follow me in this way. Everything is in the past, it is the future that is important now.
    West Ham manager Slaven Bilic: "We are the club that is linked with the most players in Europe! Every player that is available, it is always West Ham.
    "You have the agents calling. Of course, you are bombed with names and everything. When you talk to them, everybody is like (Lionel) Messi or whatever.
    "They are also very cheap, dying to come, and they have a little West Ham tattoo. Not now... but since the school days and all that.
    "It's that time of the year."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Leicester are unbeaten in the last four league and cup meetings, their best run against West Ham since 1977.

• The Foxes needed a controversial stoppage-time penalty, scored by Leonardo Ulloa, to rescue a point in the corresponding fixture in April.

• West Ham's only Premier League victory at Leicester in the last seven attempts was by a 3-1 scoreline in January 2000 (D3, L3).

Leicester City

• Leicester could lose consecutive Premier League home matches for the first time since January to February 2015.

• Ipswich Town in 1962-63 are the only reigning champions to have a worse record after 18 matches than Leicester's four wins, five draws and nine defeats.

• The only reigning champions to be relegated from the top flight were Manchester City in 1937-38.

• The Foxes have lost two of their last four home Premier League games - as many as they'd lost in their previous 31 top-flight matches at the King Power Stadium.

• Leicester are without a clean sheet in 11 Premier League games. They last went on a worse run in 2002, when they went 14 games without a shutout.

West Ham United

• West Ham could win four consecutive Premier League games for the first time since February 2014.

• They have not achieved back-to-back away wins in the division for more than 15 months.

• Michail Antonio has scored 16 Premier League goals for West Ham since the start of last season - five more than any other Hammers player.

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Leicester V West Ham Empty Re: Leicester V West Ham

Post  Jiggs Sat 31 Dec 2016, 1:14 pm

Not a clue what Slaven is wittering on about here, although clearly no intention of discussing 
    this afternoons match confu

Fingers and everything crossed that the team who showed up Boxing day make a reappearance
    today.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 31 Dec 2016, 2:00 pm

Can see a score draw on this one

WH Flag
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sun 01 Jan 2017, 10:30 am

Give a team a goal then fail to create anything for the rest of the game.

Numerous corners from Dimi failed to clear the first man.

We scrapped wins against Burnley and Hull with poor performances and battered a poor Swansea side which are pluses but yesterday again left me wondering what Slavens tactics actually are.

Throwing too many square pegs in round holes for me just to keep certain players in the side.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sun 01 Jan 2017, 12:13 pm

To be fair We deserved something out of that Game yesterday , We created so many chances but just could not put the ball in the back of the net.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 01 Jan 2017, 12:53 pm

An utter shambles in central midfield and particularly at the back yesterday. Back to the old failings from earlier in the season. Who was missing from our recent good run? Oh yeah......Pedro Obiang.......who has arguably been our most consistent player this season (along with Antonio). Shoe-in Noble and leave Obiang on the bench. I just don't get it?

In front of goal against a decent side we continue to struggle. We only beat Burnley and Hull with penalties. Swansea are hopeless so I am dismissing that one as a given for most teams against them

We are desperate for a goalscorer, a proper right back and a commanding, no-nonsense, vocal centre half. They HAVE to be our priorities in the January window
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 01 Jan 2017, 3:40 pm

Disappointed but not surprised.

Can see us getting our backsides kicked Tuesday.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 10:02 pm