West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

4 posters

WHUFC vs Watford 11/19/2017

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

WHUFC vs Watford 11/19/2017 Empty WHUFC vs Watford 11/19/2017

Post  westhamonkey Sun 19 Nov 2017, 4:27 am

yeah... Watford... last time I saw us play them was at Vicarage Road... was it the last time? Dismal ground... we drew 2-2 I think.

but yeah... Watford... hardly the match of the century... but we could be playing a to less attractive teams this time next year if we don't get our shit together.

Anyway... might have to go out early shopping in the morning so you might all be saved my "live tweeting" of the game.

Haven't read a thing Moyes has said since he was made manager, don't like him, never will... but hope to god he can get this shower of shit playing like they should.

If they can't beat Watford then they might as well all give up.

A win will lift us to the dizzying heights of 16th, which shows just how crappy and congested the bottom half of the table is...

But it'll be a short week emotionally as we play again on friday for some reason...

WHUF
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

WHUFC vs Watford 11/19/2017 Empty Re: WHUFC vs Watford 11/19/2017

Post  IronDane Sun 19 Nov 2017, 1:42 pm

The lads giving their 100% for Moyes is a win to me no matter the result. The results will come, if Moyes can get the players on board and start working for him and eachother.

WH Flag scarf
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 19 Nov 2017, 2:15 pm

Like to see some good effort from our lads and that we played well even if we lose.

Watford will be no push over and this might be a bridge to far for Moyes at the moment.
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Sun 19 Nov 2017, 3:56 pm

Sakho and Martinez on the bench. Ayew not even on the bench.
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sun 19 Nov 2017, 4:04 pm

Ayew is ill according to the offish
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 19 Nov 2017, 4:47 pm

Stopped watching this 10 minutes ago.

What a bunch of losers out there.
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Sun 19 Nov 2017, 4:54 pm

Biggest positive for me is Arnautovic. Seems to have upped his game and is a lot fitter.

Should have been 1-1 if not for Gomez, some good saves there.
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Sun 19 Nov 2017, 4:55 pm

I would take off Carroll and Obiang and bring on Martinez and Sakho.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 19 Nov 2017, 5:27 pm

ugh... it's tough keeping quiet...

tuned in half an hour late, so keeping all social media off... that's tougher than you'd like it to be...

so...

first ten minutes... relentless West Ham pressure but not one shot as a result.

Watford get their first sniff of possession, take it down the field and score...

then it switches to 20 minutes of just West Ham unable to get out of our own half, Watford just soaking up every pointless pass...

our shape starts to go... our passing becomes less accurate...

Carroll gets surrounded by Watford layers snapping at his heels... so in a perfect display of his mental temperament, he decides to push one of their players off the ball and gets the first yellow... bitching and moaning that no one should touch him... and he's lucky not to have gotten a card n the first minute of the game for one of his trademark flailing elbows...

so we're now at 39 minutes...

West Ham has managed not a single shot on goal... we did kick the ball out of the Watford end of the pitch once - from a Cresswell long range effort but that is exactly is...

Watford came very close to a 2nd goal but is snuck just inches wide of the post from a shot after a Hart parry.

Obiang is not the 4th yellow of the game... all to us I think.

Watford look like they're cruising through a training session... we look like we're dropping out of the Premier league without even putting up a fight.

The match commentators are saying we've acquitted ourselves well in defense... but can't entirely get behind that myself.

Obiang misses from 6 yards thanks to quick thinking from Gomes in goal... so we've now managed at least an attempt on goal... but the resulting corner ends up in a Watford attack (how many times have we seen that???)

Watford have apparently only managed 7 attempts on goal in their home games this season.... no surprises then that that've managed 5 today against us.

4 minutes of additional time to look forward to...

Nothing has changed since our last game.

Yes... we can hug and puff and be on the front foot for a while - to no effect

Yes... we can be caught completely on the break and concede...

Yes... we can be outplayed by teams we should walk over...

Bilic had us doing all of that...

Carrol needs to come off... whether you love him or hate him - or at totally on the fence like I am... he just doesn't have the temperament for this and now he's on a yellow his flailing arms and overly aggressive tendencies are a complete liability.

Of course, Noble is the captain and in midfield... so nothing to get us out of trouble there...

Even if we have a plan - we don't look like we're capable of doing anything about it.

Awesome goal line save twice from Gomes to stop Arnautovic from bringing us level before the break...

No commentators... this hasn't brought a 'spark' to West Ham... have you not watched us at all????

"gong down with the West Ham" looks likely the top of the terrace charts

and for people not wanting Moyes as our manager... looks like that won't be an issue much past Christmas...

this needs to stop... someone needs to do something.

Okay... two weeks isn't enough time to make dramatic changes, especially with a team of players who clearly aren't up for it either mentally or physically.

the commentators seem to think the team should be encouraged by how we played toward the end of the half... maybe I was too busy typing all this... but it didn't look that way to me.

we'll see if the 2nd 45 minutes change mine or anyone else's thoughts....
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 19 Nov 2017, 6:09 pm

2nd half...

we had some shots on target... ballooning over form 6 yards... Gomez making good saves.

but naturally it came to nothing and Watford not only doubled their lead but looked pretty invulnerable.

Carroll came off... can't even tell you who replaced him - it hardly seemed to matter.

We've now conceded the most goals in the Premier League...

Watford had won only once at home in 12 or 13 against us... they've not doubled that...

we really are the most benevolent bunch of fuckers in the game...

same shit, different day...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 1:05 pm