West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+7
Johnny K
Arran H
Jiggs
Blakey
Campo
Geezer
Tony P
11 posters

FC Copenhagen game live on West Ham TV tonight

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

FC Copenhagen game live on West Ham TV tonight - Page 2 Empty Re: FC Copenhagen game live on West Ham TV tonight

Post  Tony P Wed 20 Jul 2011, 8:51 pm

1-0 Freddie Sears 88 mins. Great individual finish. Set up well by Montano Very Happy
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

FC Copenhagen game live on West Ham TV tonight - Page 2 Empty Re: FC Copenhagen game live on West Ham TV tonight

Post  Geezer Wed 20 Jul 2011, 8:55 pm

Nice one Freddie FC Copenhagen game live on West Ham TV tonight - Page 2 228732
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 20 Jul 2011, 8:57 pm

Full time 1-0. I will take dogged 1-0 wins away from home next season!
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 20 Jul 2011, 8:58 pm

Class Freddie son xx clap
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 20 Jul 2011, 9:05 pm

outplayed for most of the game until the yoofs were put on then that happens....that has a fat sam win written all over it rofl smiley

Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Wed 20 Jul 2011, 9:06 pm

Only caught the last 20 mins of what looked like a pretty good stream - that might be one positive this season! Mostly they were pressing us with our back line making some good interceptions. We played on the counter & Freddie took his goal well, finding space behind the strike force & putting it away nicely.

Didn't recognise many of the players! - who was in goal? Stech? - & heard O'Brien mentioned - have we signed him or is he on trial? No names on the shirts & the Danish comm talking like he is eating porridge (our Scandy chums will understand that!) was confusing.

What did Freddie have down the back of his shirt btw? Several others had a similar problem - did they forget to take the security tags out?
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 20 Jul 2011, 9:13 pm

looked like each player had a GPS tracker on them,
    it uses the same sort of techno stuff as they so in F1

pin-point map of the players movement and speed

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 20 Jul 2011, 9:48 pm

I was especially disappointed in Nolan. He did absolutely nothing in the time he was on. Never saw him run, organise, tackle........nothing. Let's hope that he is saving himself for the real thing eh?
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:42 am

Tony P wrote:I was especially disappointed in Nolan. He did absolutely nothing in the time he was on. Never saw him run, organise, tackle........nothing. Let's hope that he is saving himself for the real thing eh?

This is NOT good Tony Evil or Very Mad
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:27 pm

Only caught the last 35 mins and I would agree with all said so far. The worry was that Fatboy would come in and change the "West Ham Way"; he hasn't, we are stillcompletely clueless when we have the ball. And completely useless when we don't. Still no full backs that seem to realise their sole job is to prevent crosses-or at least trying not to.

Midfield as ever; think they are Barcelona and sit back waiting to be attacked-unfortunately the similarity with Barce ends there.Too much space for attacking play to enter the final 3rd.

And was the ball filled with helium or were the goal post magnetically repellent-both teams shots went high or wide. Our only off target shot almost hit the corner post!!

Lots of w**k needed; think it is presumed this league will be easy for us-I suggest the WHW is a thing of the very past (20 years plus and that is being kind).

I hate being so negative-I rarely comment. We are all groomed to expect shite really!!

And Parker was in corkscrew mode again last night I noticed; though to be fair the complete lack of intelligent movement from forward lying players meant he had to be. Lost count of the number of dead balls we had in attacking positions and we passed it back via 4 touches to the halfway line (with a cringing belkief of being caught out in possession!)

Sears took his goal well; first time I have seen him as a "poacher" that he was billed to be 4 seasons back!!!

No more negativity for me!! And I just renewed my membership!
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:48 pm

Ello fellas. Back from my little Copenhagen trip. Best fun I have had in a good while! We met up with around 100 West Ham fans in the middle of Copenhagen and walked together to the stadium which was quite a long walk! Mostly the fans were from Denmark, England and Sweden from what I could gather plus a Man City and an Arsenal fan Smile

Inside it was hard to tell what was going on on the other end of the pitch from where the away side was seated, but my first impression was who was that lazy bastard in number 9 who looked he didn't even want to get on the pitch to do his job ? I couldn't see who it was, but definitely not Cole. Turns out it was Piquionne. Even if I think real hard I can't remember that he had the ball during the time he was on, but the other end was so far away so it was hard to tell.

Generally the game was a dull experience. Nolan was a disappointment, Scotty imo was much better. A few times I could see what Scotty was trying to achieve with his pirouettes but the others were just not in on it. Must have been frustrating for him. At least one of those times it was Collison who didn't foresee where Parker was trying to play him and the ball went to the opposition..

I don't understand the criticism for LBM as I thought he worked hard and helped out and conquered the balls when it was getting dangerous. Other than that what can I say, Tomkins looked pretty good, Reid not so much, but who knows, with a little more experience together, they might get it working.

Sears's goal I saw from just behind the goal where we were located. Cool finish. Delighted for him and the West Ham fans certainly woke up! A Hammers win. All I could have asked for, I even tipped us to lose 2-0 before the game, which could have been not that far off since FCK had 2 goals disallowed.. We have our w**k cut out for us before the season starts, that's for sure. Where was Carlton Cole ?

Fun trip and what lovely and funny people all the Hammers fans are.. Sit down if you hate Millwall! WH Flag
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:45 pm

clap Glad you enjoyed it ID!!
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 21 Jul 2011, 11:23 pm

Glad they won for you ID....You must go down as some sort of lucky charm now Wink
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:59 am

Glad you had fun ID and thanks for the report dude
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Fri 22 Jul 2011, 12:41 pm

cheers mates, yes totally unexpected win that, but even if we had lost it would have been a great day out anyway 8)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 4:15 am