West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+6
Tony P
Suzanne Claret
Johnny K
mottinghammer
Jiggs
shaun of the thread
10 posters

West Ham Looking to get W Bridge back loan

shaun of the thread
    shaun of the thread
    Boot Cleaner

West Ham Looking to get W Bridge back loan Empty West Ham Looking to get W Bridge back loan

Post  shaun of the thread Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:08 pm

West Ham want want Bridge on loan
    September 10, 2011
    Email Print
    By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent
    West Ham are keen to bring Manchester City left-back Wayne Bridge back to Upton Park.

GettyImages
    Wayne Bridge was on loan at West Ham last season
    The Hammers paid Bridge's £80,000-a-week wages when he spent the second-half of last season on loan in East London, but would not be willing to fork out as much this time around.

Sam Allardyce would welcome Bridge, 31, back to the club, but the Championship outfit would want City to subsidise the player's wages if he were to return.

The former England defender does not feature in Roberto Mancini's plans but failed to secure a move away from Eastlands before the transfer window closed. Now City want to off load him back to a Championship side on loan as their only immediate option.

A Hammers source tod ESPNsoccernet: "The player may decide not to go. We shall have to wait and see. But West ham actually paid all his wages last year. If he is not in their 25 man squad they'll take anything they can get for him now."

Would be another good loan deal as long as we dont have to pay his full wages. Imo.

Last edited by shaun of the thread on Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

West Ham Looking to get W Bridge back loan Empty Re: West Ham Looking to get W Bridge back loan

Post  Jiggs Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:10 pm

I don't think we need him ........
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

West Ham Looking to get W Bridge back loan Empty Re: West Ham Looking to get W Bridge back loan

Post  mottinghammer Sat 10 Sep 2011, 9:56 pm

Sorry Jiggs I think we do, Illunga is a liability and we only have Linda at LB, he has had serious injury problems in the recent past and we need more depth which Bridge would give us, especially if we can get a cut price deal on his wages. Doesnt look like any prem team will have him so we could be his best bet, and a better side than he played in last year as well.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 10 Sep 2011, 9:58 pm

Ok, agreed........I posted my comment after the win this afternoon
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Sun 11 Sep 2011, 12:59 am

I must be the only fan who can't see what the fuss is about WB. He had some ok games for us but nothing to rave about, certainly not for a player with his experience. He has been more than content to sit on his arse at 2 clubs & even his fulham loan spell looked like the easy option. Surely he is wealthy enough by now to take a wage drop & make an attempt to make something of his career. I can imagine the conversation with grandchild 'And here is the PL medal I won with chelsea' 'Where did you play?' 'I sat on the bench'.

He just doesn't do it for me & I'm not sure he would ooze class at champs level - he'd probably downgrade his game accordingly to do enough to get by. Pull your finger out Wayne & do something with your career!.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:42 am

He did very well for us last season and I hope this rumour
    is true then we can put Illunga on a slow boat to China.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:47 pm

We DO need him. He did not do that badly for us last season. He made his debut against one of the fastest players in the PL in Walcott when he (Bridge) was clearly nowhere near match fit. A lot of players would have ducked that game but he did not. He got better and better and when fully match fit looked a class act. Add that to the fact that if he comes to us he will be playing against Championship players and nobody of the skill/pace that he might face in the PL. He is great going forward, where George McCartney is not. Bridge for home games, George for away games and Ilunga to whoever is stupid enough to take him

Go for it Sam !
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:53 pm

I like your thinking
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:33 pm

I to would like Bridge back at upton park BUT would bridge himself come back to us while we are in the championship even if it is on a lone deal ??? Smile
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Tue 13 Sep 2011, 12:25 pm

Does he want to play football or does he want to sit on his arse??
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Tue 13 Sep 2011, 3:15 pm

I think, if he came on the right deal (Man City paying most of his wages) then yes of course. But if we are stumping up silly wages for him, Linda and Illunga (maybe £100k+ for the three) then I think it would not be the best business decision. And good business is a primary need for any club-us especially.

If we can magically secure a deal in advance for January (for Illunga) then it would be feasible. I do think Bridge will be snapped up by a Prem team, plenty didn't name a full 25 man squad-and Prem status means they can justify the wage. QPR certainly would be a front runner.
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Tue 13 Sep 2011, 4:27 pm

I personaly would have him back providing it did,nt cost us too much . Apart from a dodgy 2/3 games when he came to us , he done well , experienced and dont mind going forward , grab him Big sam before QPR get thier claws in
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:09 pm

Rumour mill has him going to Forest
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:12 pm

Nooooooooooooo
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:30 pm

Don't panic Smile

From TalkSport

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce has ruled out a move for Manchester City defender Wayne Bridge.
    The full-back has been strongly linked with a move back to east London after spending a four-month loan spell at Upton Park last season.
    The England defender was not named in Manchester City's 25-man Premier League squad and Roberto Mancini revealed he would be happy for him to join a Championship club.
    But Allardyce is happy with the business he conducted in the lead-up to the transfer window and says he will not be making moves to sign Bridge.
    Allardyce said: "We are full up now. We have filled our squad with all the players we need for the time being and we have a squad that is good and has strength in depth."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 10:15 am