West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+8
Nicki
Charlie Ham
JamesC
Johnny K
Campo
mottinghammer
Admin
Jiggs
12 posters

Brighton & Hove Albion V West Ham United

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Brighton & Hove Albion  V  West Ham United - Page 2 Empty Re: Brighton & Hove Albion V West Ham United

Post  Jiggs Tue 25 Oct 2011, 12:25 am

Watched game at the yid bro-in-laws......he went on and on and on.......look at their possession, you aint even had a corner yet blah blah blah blah blah blah

My reply to everything - "maybe, but we have scored and they aint" Twisted Evil

So we did what we had to, score, defend, win and take three points........Well payed boys!

It's so nice when the boot is on the other foot for a change.

Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Brighton & Hove Albion  V  West Ham United - Page 2 Empty Re: Brighton & Hove Albion V West Ham United

Post  Suzanne Claret Tue 25 Oct 2011, 12:13 pm

Bloody terrible game to watch but we took the three points so ho-hum.

I do think Gus Poyet looks like TonyP* & Lee Evans love child

*sorry Tone hugsmiley
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Tue 25 Oct 2011, 1:55 pm

rofl smiley to above!
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Wed 26 Oct 2011, 8:13 am

What the losers had to say , nicked from kumb

Kevin Nolan's first half striker was enough to keep the Seagulls at bay despite the home side enjoying 62 per cent of possession. Here's what the Albion fans made of it...

"They have good players but play horrible football. Ten men behind the ball after 30 minutes against an out-of-form team just promoted is shocking. I hope they don't up [promoted] and 'Big Sam' gets the boot and is hounded out of football. Even in defeat I'm much happier being a Brighton fan rather than watching that week in, week out - especially when they claim to be the academy of football."
    - Rookie

"Allardyce is the high priest of winning ugly, the sort of anti-football hoofball that must be painful for every West Ham fan to endure. But he is also deluded, chippy, aggressive and arrogant. His antics on the touchline were a disgrace last night, I doubt he spent 20 per cent of the match in the technical area and was always on the touchline haranguing the referee, who duly obliged him and Nolan at every turn.

And to hear him try and claim that the goal was as a result of his tactical genius was breathtaking, the front of the bloke. It was a terrible error. He also amazingly claimed Brighton didn't score because he got the tactics spot on. I think you'll find that was the infuriating lack of a final ball.

I thought West Ham were dreadful, and I wouldn't swap Poyet for Allardyce in a million years. So gutted we couldn't get something out of it."
    - Tooting Gull

"They had the sort of nous and know-how that we lack, they got the lead and they defended it. They were never troubled, and they are probably the best team in the league. Anyone who couldn't appreciate how well they stifled us as a team, and the game as a whole, needs to open their eyes, or learn a couple of things about football.

They were by far the better team. Maybe not the better team to watch, but that's completely irrelevant if you lose."
    - Ninja Elephant

"What was ugly about [West Ham]? They had a game plan and it worked beautifully. they packed the midfield, compressed the space in which we wanted to play, stopped us playing the way we wanted to, scored a good goal, defended a lead for an hour without looking like conceding a goal (even with Almunia in goal!). All in all, an excellent away team performance.

Meanwhile we faffed around in midfield, playing pretty passes that went sideways time and time again (which gave them time to get back into the midfield and cover the space) and didn't hurt them at all in the final third. Had we scored first they would have had to changed the way they were playing... but we didn't."
    - Storer 68

"I am not a massive Allardyce fan but his team was very organised and we rarely, if ever, looked like breaking through his defence. That sort of defensive discipline comes from the management. He had players missing, good players, and he came, set his team out in much the same way we did for seasons under Mark McGhee who was portrayed as some sort of genius for getting us exactly the same sort of defensive, scrappy win as they got last night."
    - Walt Jabsco

"I think that some of us associate West Ham with playing 'football' and in that way they were disappointing. I certainly don't think they were the better side, but they were well organised in defence so you have to give them credit. Carew just seemed like a useless lump."
    - LamieRobertson

"You could see that a big part of the reason we didn't make chances was the fact that West Ham were often sitting deep. At the same time, we weren't releasing the ball quickly enough to exploit any gaps that opened anyway.

I know this sounds very critical, we did only lose 1-0 to West Ham. We had so many opportunities to put them on the back foot and for some reason we didn't take them when seven games ago we'd have been all over it.
    I'm disappointed, but at the same time apart from one mistake we handled West Ham."
    - 4-p

"We missed a right winger tonight. Our final ball all round was woeful, we had a lot of corners but [it would] be nice to convert one occasionally though. West Ham defended very well down the middle but so many times they were defending just the central third of the pitch, not even the width of the box. It was obvious that they'd done their homework from minute one."
    - godalming gull

"We looked comfortable but so did they. We never looked like scoring really. There was also no link whatsoever between midfield and attack, we needed someone in the hole and some movement; it was so static at times. West Ham were more experienced, stronger and more clinical. We have more technically gifted players but sometimes you need more than just a bit of flair."
    - beefypigeon

"We were utterly superb last night, and in terms of our performance over ninety minutes it was the best we have played this season. All we lacked was a cutting edge and composure in front of goal. Play like that every week and we will make the play offs. Credit to Gus and the lads."
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 26 Oct 2011, 8:56 am

Sour Grapes anyone.....

They were very poor in front of goal, Almunia could have safely had a nap during the game and they still wouldnt have scored.

It was a poo game but If I was one of their fans I would have been mightly pissed off at their inability to score given all the posession they had.

IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Wed 26 Oct 2011, 10:32 pm

It's like they were us last year hehe .. i still can't believe they didn't score, this is so unlike us, but loving it!!
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Thu 27 Oct 2011, 10:00 pm

Some hammers fans are never happy, I was talking to a couple of blokes who are involved in the club on Tuesday, one is the child protection officer and one is a physio type bloke for the academy and they said we were shocking. WH Flag

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 1:15 pm