West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+4
manurewa hammer
Tony P
Campo
Admin
8 posters

Sam Targets 25 ( nicked from Sky )

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Sam Targets 25 ( nicked from Sky ) Empty Sam Targets 25 ( nicked from Sky )

Post  Admin Sat 24 Dec 2011, 10:31 am

West Ham co-owner David Gold says manager Sam Allardyce has identified 25 players he would like to sign in January.

The Hammers are currently battling for promotion back to the Premier League and Allardyce is keen to reinforce his squad.

The club are a point behind Championship leaders Southampton and two points clear of third-placed Middlesbrough.

Allardyce does not want to rest on his laurels and has already submitted his New Year shopping list to the club's co-owners.
    Targets

"I understand that Sam has identified 25 targets," Gold told Sky Sports News.

"Just the 25," he smiled.

"What Sam is saying is 'these are the kinds of players that I monitor all the time'.

"He watches them all the time. When I say watches, these are the players he likes.

"If the opportunity arises then he'll come to us and say look 'I'd like to add this player to our squad'.

"Or he might come to us and say look 'We're having problems in this area, we need to strengthen'.

"Then he'd come to us and say 'This is the player I'd like to bring in to solve to that problem'.

"To help to achieve what we all want, whether it be David Sullivan, myself, the players, the fans, Sam himself, we all want promotion."
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Sam Targets 25 ( nicked from Sky ) Empty Re: Sam Targets 25 ( nicked from Sky )

Post  Campo Sat 24 Dec 2011, 12:35 pm

like it, 25 targets already before the window opens, i hope to get going very quick and get the new lads in within the first 10 days of the window, not saying we will get what we want, but it is nice to know that w**k has already begun
    clap
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 24 Dec 2011, 1:19 pm

It is all very well targetting Messi, Ronaldo, Higuain, Villa, Iniesta etc but I don't think we can afford them Wink
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Thu 29 Dec 2011, 4:03 am

Don't be too greedy Tone, just 2 of them would be ok! Smile
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Thu 29 Dec 2011, 4:27 pm

According to some bloke from the currant bun we have told Newcastle to up their offer for Tomkins.
    Hard to believe with all our injury and suspension problems at the minute.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Thu 29 Dec 2011, 4:51 pm

Cant see BFS selling anyone this window but I hope we bring at least 2 CB`s and 2 decent proven goal scorers upfront would be nice BFS Smile
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 29 Dec 2011, 5:18 pm

Arran H wrote:Cant see BFS selling anyone this window but I hope we bring at least 2 CB`s and 2 decent proven goal scorers upfront would be nice BFS Smile

Asking a club who have enquired about one of your players to "up their offer" would suggest otherwise wouldn't it?
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Thu 29 Dec 2011, 8:03 pm

If we have replacements lined up that are cheaper then IMO he is gone.

He is young, he will make mistakes, should we cash in if silly money is offered ?
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Fri 30 Dec 2011, 12:19 am

Bloody transfer window....we only need one a year...an that should be cut in half. **grrrrrrrrrr**
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Fri 30 Dec 2011, 5:19 am

:x Disguise Faye as Tomka and sell him to Noocassle instead.!
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 30 Dec 2011, 10:10 am

I would be very very surprised if james ended up in Geordie land, If the scousers came in i think he would go
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 30 Dec 2011, 11:02 am

Kray JR wrote:If we have replacements lined up that are cheaper then IMO he is gone.

He is young, he will make mistakes, should we cash in if silly money is offered ?

Absolutely not dude. Potentially he is a top drawer defender. He is only 22 but already has bags of experience - good and bad - which we should have the benefit of - not those Barcode wankers
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Fri 30 Dec 2011, 11:40 am

I will be very disappointed if Tomkins goes anywhere ....... besides that
    is not the new West Ham way is it ... :shock:
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Sat 31 Dec 2011, 12:43 am

Tony P wrote:
    Arran H wrote:Cant see BFS selling anyone this window but I hope we bring at least 2 CB`s and 2 decent proven goal scorers upfront would be nice BFS Smile

Asking a club who have enquired about one of your players to "up their offer" would suggest otherwise wouldn't it?

Think the media have used a bit of poetic licence with their quote - apparently what he said was "it would have to be mega bucks for us even to look at it"
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sat 31 Dec 2011, 8:28 am

I hope they don't come back and Sam doesn't become as embarrassing as Owen Coyle has been in the last 3 or 4 windows "can I just mention Gary Cahill I every interview please ermm we have had no bids but if anybody wishes to bid could they please let me know early" I thought he was going to give his mobile number out at one point.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Sun 01 Jan 2012, 7:03 am

Hope Tomkins stays, i think he and Reid will become the best defensive pair in the premier league. imho of course

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024, 6:05 am