West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

Nicked from kumb

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Nicked from kumb  Empty Nicked from kumb

Post  Admin Sat 24 Dec 2011, 10:41 am

SAT, DEC 17

TO Upton Park, where the comedian Russell Brand came into the boardroom.

Three wonderful things happened.

Firstly, Russell said I looked beautiful, which was very flattering.

My 13-year-old son Paolo slightly ruined my soaring self-worth by shouting out: "He's taken a lot of drugs you know mum. His mind must play tricks on him."

The attendance figure was also the second highest in any division.

Third and most importantly, we won.

SUN, DEC 18

HUSBAND Paul opened up the post and grinned from ear to ear when he discovered he had received a Christmas card from Cathy and Sir Alex Ferguson.

It was his turn to have his ego pricked as our kids insisted it was for me.

Every year a Premier League footballer and his wife send us a very personal card.

The card this year involved the couple in various naked positions from the Kama Sutra, spelling out 'Merry Xmas'. Don't think it will be going on the mantelpiece.

MON, DEC 19

IT'S been the biggest turn-up in the Premier League since Frankie Dettori asked to borrow a pair of Martin Johnson's jeans.

The excellent form of the three teams who came up from the Championship is marvellous to see, with Swansea and Norwich returning from trips to the Parks — St James' and Goodison — with a point apiece.

QPR are also more than holding their own.

Gone are the days of Derby County's 11 points in a top-flight season only three years ago, or Sunderland's 15 just beforehand.

Mind you, the Rams and Wearsiders were positively Brazilian compared to poor Loughborough and Doncaster, who a century ago managed just eight points in a season.

You could say neither have recovered since.

I've met Norwich's Paul Lambert several times and he is very impressive.

You get the impression the players like him, but also hugely respect him, perhaps the perfect combination.

TUES, DEC 20

ANY prospective tenants who wish to express an interest in using the Olympic stadium have been told they must do so by March next year.

London's rugby teams can also bid for its use.

While all of us at West Ham would be happy to share with athletics at the Olympic stadium, there is no way we would go into a ground-sharing agreement with a rugby club.

It is a complete non-starter for us.

Impossible, actually, as soon it will be a breach of Premier League rules to share your ground with rugby.

WED, DEC 21

IT'S officially the shortest day but even a lack of sunlight hours won't stop Darren Bent's busy festive shopping schedule.

At the weekend injured Darren decided to forego watching his team-mates play Liverpool in order to do a spot of shopping in Cambridge.

It seems his £80,000-a-week wages weren't enough to persuade him to spend an hour-and-a-half at Villa Park.

The striker has now been linked with a move away from the Midlands, presumably to be nearer the Grand Arcade shopping centre in Cambridge.

THURS, DEC 22

THE Luis Suarez race debate continues after he received an eight-game ban for being found guilty by the FA.

Not sure why they bothered with a £40,000 fine though. I tuned in to watch Match of the Day's verdict on the issue and waited for Alan Hansen's take on the matter.

Lots of waffle later I was none the wiser.

Curiously enough, for his weekly sessions on the BBC sofa Hansen is paid exactly £40,000 and yet I've been told for years the BBC is suffering severe budget cuts.
    This gave me a giggle

FRI, DEC 23

WOKE up to discover Mark Cavendish has won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award.

Nothing wrong with that as he is outstanding in his field.

What perplexes me is why we are so good at sports where you sit down — cycling, rowing, sailing, scrabble — but pretty average when it comes to using both our legs vertically.

I would win gold every time in synchronised TV remote-control usage. Maybe it should be an Olympic sport in Rio in 2016. It could replace beach volleyball.

Happy Xmas to everyone from me (Bristol not Karren) Laughing

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024, 2:02 pm